2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Saleen parts hard to get???

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/08, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saleen parts hard to get???

I am planning on getting a Saleen blower around Feb. or Mar. and I was talking to a person about it at my local Ford dealer when I was buying some oil filters. She said "why a Saleen?". I responed I like the clean look of the blower, reliability, street driveablilty and retention of the factory warranty. Yes more expensive, but I don't care to spend money on quality.

She told me they have had a very hard time getting Saleen parts over the years. I never thought of that. Not to say one would need parts for the blower for some time, but what about after several years? Has anyone on here had a difficult time getting individual parts from Saleen?
Old 11/7/08, 10:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Richard, there is NO issues with getting parts for Saleen. You can get them shipped to you via JDM out of NJ, or from Brenspeed in Indiana. Saleen is a very good setup (several of my friends have their blower, and LOVE it), and getting parts aren't hard to attain. Good luck with your build. I can't wait to see pics of it all done.
Old 11/7/08, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks, I was hoping to hear that. Our contract ended over 2 years ago and the new one should be ratified mid December, so fingers crossed we get a good raise and a nice fat retroactive cheque by early spring!
Old 11/9/08, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't say that Saleen parts are HARD to get... Saleen just doesn't make them easily available, in essence, you just need to know where to look.

For example, Saleen no longer distributes body components for the 79-04 Mustangs, they have sold off all the molds and no longer stock them. Now, even if SALEEN themselves need a part, they go to an aftermarket distributor.

Kind of quirky, I know, but Saleen just has a way about themselves about not being directly involved with replacement components a lot of times such as wheels, body kits, one off items like emblems and center caps (PJ/Gurnney etc).

replacement items for superchargers will always be available for a long time so no worries.
Old 11/9/08, 04:38 PM
Cobra Member

If they do not distribute them anymore, why are these parts still actively listed on their website?
Old 11/10/08, 11:59 AM
Authorized Advertiser

I think you can still get them (SN95 parts) from Saleen directly - or from any of the Speedlab centers. We are a Saleen distributor, but since we arent a Speedlab - have to purchase those parts only from a Speedlab (which makes NO sense). Had a customer the other day that wanted an S281 wing for an 03 Mustang - had to send him to a Speedlab to purcahse it because financially it made no sense for me to try to get it from the Speedlab facility and then sell it to the customer.

As for S197 parts - NO problem getting those at all.
Old 11/10/08, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
I think you can still get them (SN95 parts) from Saleen directly - or from any of the Speedlab centers. We are a Saleen distributor, but since we arent a Speedlab - have to purchase those parts only from a Speedlab (which makes NO sense). Had a customer the other day that wanted an S281 wing for an 03 Mustang - had to send him to a Speedlab to purcahse it because financially it made no sense for me to try to get it from the Speedlab facility and then sell it to the customer.

As for S197 parts - NO problem getting those at all.
I know for a fact that Saleen sold all of its Fox Body and SN95 molds off and the rights to those molds in September right before their auctions, there is another company in the process of putting the molds back into production, especially for the Fox Bodies
Old 11/10/08, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
If they do not distribute them anymore, why are these parts still actively listed on their website?
They do have some pieces available but they sold the molds back in September right before the auctions.

Also, half of the info on the Saleen website is wrong when it comes to parts. Half the pricing is not correct and a ton of parts aren't even listed
Old 11/10/08, 07:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by steve-o
They do have some pieces available but they sold the molds back in September right before the auctions.

Also, half of the info on the Saleen website is wrong when it comes to parts. Half the pricing is not correct and a ton of parts aren't even listed
LOL nice.