2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Sad Stang Story

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/06, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad Stang Story

Been here for a while and had (2) GT's on order from a dealer that could not deliver. Got so P#ssed I bought an Acura TL instead.

Love the TL, but it's just not me... at all! Looking at dumping the TL even if I have to take a little loss to gt into a GT. Test drove s GT today for the first time... ohhhh baby!

Dealer will not do an x-plan on stick (06 on thr lot) so I will find a dealer who will if I move ahead with this.

Maybe just wait for the 07 - the heated seats are the only thing I'd really miss If I get the 06..... wish me luck and I'll keep ya posted!
Old 6/1/06, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have 3 relatives with TLs,they can't understand me and my GT and I don't get the TL love affair. To each his/her own I guess. Hope you get the GT of your dreams!
Old 6/1/06, 08:49 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Good Luck!! Gotta make yourself happy.
Old 6/1/06, 09:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patience is a virtue! You don't know how many times I said "I shoulda waited for this and that" Never fails. We want everything yesterday.
Like Nixon once said " Good things come to those who wait" Nixon said that, right?
Old 6/2/06, 12:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You should have ordered a GT from a dealer like ISELLFORD on the forums here...no hassles from what I've heard
Old 6/2/06, 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

at the small dealer in my little NW Ohio town, they have probably 6 gt's on their lot and they are doing incentives here. in Ohio and Michigan there are a lot of them just sitting here. call around, especially in detroit area, there are a lot of them available. good luck

Sam
Old 6/2/06, 10:29 AM

The dealer wouldn't do the X-Plan? Can they decline like that? What A-Hole for a dealer. What about finding another dealer? I had no problem what-so-ever doing an x-plan.
Old 6/2/06, 10:30 AM
Cobra Member

If you could move on the 06 it will reduce the loss you'll take on the Acura due to the additional depreciation you'll take when the model year changes over in 2 or 3 months. Maybe the Acura dealer will give you a competitive bid on the car when you're ready, especially if it is has low miles and they can certify it.

The Acura is a great-looking family sedan, but if you don't need the rear seat access and long for a sporty car, you'll never be satisfied with it. I understand where you're coming from, since I'm currently driving a Honda, but trying to save up for another Mustang as a second car.
Old 6/2/06, 11:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

I went from an '01 SVT Lightning to a '04 Acura MDX with navi and all that fun stuff. I had it for about six months and it just didn't do it for me. My G/F took over the payments because she really liked it. And i went out and got a new '05 Stang, and i love it.
Old 6/2/06, 11:48 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 2006GT
The dealer wouldn't do the X-Plan? Can they decline like that? What A-Hole for a dealer. What about finding another dealer? I had no problem what-so-ever doing an x-plan.
The dealer can decline Xplan if they want.Althoough it wouldn't be in their best interest considering the slump Ford is in.
Old 6/3/06, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Update

Thanks guys - I'm going to order a 07' at this point and try to find someone assume my lease on the TL. 2-years left on it @455 per/month +700 cash to me for my secerity deposit. We'll see what happens, but people like TL's..... I'd just rather drive a GT.

Dealer won't except x-plan on a 07' order where I test drove one, but other dealers in the area do. Dealer who won't take x-plan is one of the larger Mustang dealers in my area. allocated (3) Shelbys which sold for $25K over MSRP!

Boltz: Go Bucs! Season ticket holder from NJ: Sec 333! What's the name of the huge mustang dealer in the Tampa area? I know they have a huge inventory all the time.
Old 6/3/06, 10:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Brandon ford has a lot of gt's and thier selling them24,000.00 and up.theyhave a lot of roush cars.
Old 6/3/06, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Order from ISELLFORD and have him ship it to you! It will be hassle free and you won't be waiting for a zillion years!
Old 6/3/06, 11:52 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by KBONSIG
Thanks guys - I'm going to order a 07' at this point and try to find someone assume my lease on the TL. 2-years left on it @455 per/month +700 cash to me for my secerity deposit. We'll see what happens, but people like TL's..... I'd just rather drive a GT.

Dealer won't except x-plan on a 07' order where I test drove one, but other dealers in the area do. Dealer who won't take x-plan is one of the larger Mustang dealers in my area. allocated (3) Shelbys which sold for $25K over MSRP!

Boltz: Go Bucs! Season ticket holder from NJ: Sec 333! What's the name of the huge mustang dealer in the Tampa area? I know they have a huge inventory all the time.
Surprised you're not a JET fan! Anyways,Brandon Ford is the largest around here ,however..not the most honest. They said they would take xplan ,then when it came down to it,they sais they never said that BILL CURRIE FORD is awesome. They didn't hesitate to take Xplan and treated me well. GO BUCS!!!
Old 6/3/06, 04:50 PM
Cobra R Member

I bought my v6 from Brandon Ford and got a very good deal. I have had some of the employees give me some problems (the service dept.) but others are great people who really help. Jarrett Ford in Plant City has treated me well, however. I gotta throw in my Go Bucs of course.
Old 6/3/06, 04:57 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by KBONSIG
Been here for a while and had (2) GT's on order from a dealer that could not deliver. Got so P#ssed I bought an Acura TL instead.

Love the TL, but it's just not me... at all! Looking at dumping the TL even if I have to take a little loss to gt into a GT. Test drove s GT today for the first time... ohhhh baby!

Dealer will not do an x-plan on stick (06 on thr lot) so I will find a dealer who will if I move ahead with this.

Maybe just wait for the 07 - the heated seats are the only thing I'd really miss If I get the 06..... wish me luck and I'll keep ya posted!

http://www.capitolexpresswayford.com/

In San Jose California @ the Capitol Ford Dealership they are selling 2006 GT's for $23,995!! LOL!! Run!!
Old 6/4/06, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Patience is a virtue! You don't know how many times I said "I shoulda waited for this and that" Never fails. We want everything yesterday.
Like Nixon once said " Good things come to those who wait" Nixon said that, right?
But, you also have to look at the fact that " next years model " will almost always be the latest greatest thing and if you keep waiting for the best, you miss out on the present ( wish I had gotten my GT for x-plan, but the past years fun was priceless at MSRP )
Old 6/4/06, 08:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

You Have To Like A Dealer Who Has A Passion For Mustang ,on The West Coast Of Florida It Is Brandon Ford. Bought 4 Cars Thier A Great Deal Every Time. Like To See Jack Roush Their Every Year. Lets Here It For The A Train Go Bucs.!!!!!
Old 6/4/06, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for all the info guys!
So i found out the through American Honda Lease, you can't transfer it to another person! I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can get a better payoff If I buy the car now... 30K as of now, dealer offered 27-28 on a trade... so I need to make something happin here!

gotta figure that with all the 06' on the lots, and the 07' on the way.... some dealer is going to work something out with me. I prepared to drive to FLA if need be!

I'm getting this STANG!
Old 6/5/06, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

acura are overpriced hondas
really cant understand what please see in them

oh well id rather keep supporting my country instead of someone elses

Quick Reply: Sad Stang Story