2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad day, had to sell it.

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/11, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad day, had to sell it.

Had to sell my baby due to family, it was a hard pill to swallow. But I know it's for the best, and I can always get another someday. My wife actually cried though I think it was more because she knew how much I didn't want too vs. her actually missing the car. But if anyone is in the market for a good deal the local dealership (brad manning ford DeKalb illinois)I sold it too is asking less then 20k for an 06 with 14k miles and a brenspeed installed saleen supershaker at about 9-10k miles.Yes I took quite a loss on it. I'll be posting up some random parts in the for sale section over the next couple days if anyone is interested.
Old 5/23/11, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I know I've considered selling mine to make things easier on my family. I know how that made me feel. As much as it hurts, I for one, applaud you prioritizing what matters. Here's hoping a new steed comes your way before long!
Old 5/23/11, 10:27 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
sorry to hear- would be a rough day...Ive often wondered 'what if' no more mustang driving for me- and while it would kinda suck, gotta be thankful for the time ya had it...

I had a 85 quadracer, one of the first in ohio, back then most quads were utility type things...39hp, 295 pounds, triple hydraulic discs, 5 speed manual trans- man I loved that thing...neighbors probably hated me- could wind out 5th and stop in the length of our deadend street: 0-75-0 in a short block...one of my alltime favorite things was the gravel fire roads down at perry state APV park, 75mph for miles on gravel/balloon tires- what a rush...
flogged the living crap out of it for about 5 years, last day I rode it, almost bought the farm, accidentally did a supercross style jump that landed solely by the grace of God- scared the heck out of me, knew I had to get rid of it as I just felt too confident and kept riding past my abilities...didnt want to wind up in a wheelchair or worse...
every sunny day, in the back of my mind I kinda miss blasting around the trails on that thing, but know Ive got responsibilities and I aint young enough to heal- so just think back and am so thankful I never got hurt/had so many good times with it- will never forget it, will always remember the good times...same with my mustangs- if they were gone tomorrow, Id still be soo thankful for so many good times- but you never quit missing/reminiscing a little bit...life rolls on

hope when the time is right another will come along

Tim
Old 5/24/11, 06:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
what will you be driving now?
Old 5/24/11, 06:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry you had to sell your pony. There are priorities, and like you mentioned, your can always buy another later when things get better.

Please let me know if by chance you'll have some LCAs for sale. Thanks.
Old 5/24/11, 08:57 PM

Thank you all, it's starting to be a bit easier now. My daily driver was/is an 05 impala and the wife got an 05 town and country a couple months ago. The impala has been paid off for awhile but adding in the van is what put us over the top. And go figure the family didn't want to eat ramen for 6 out of 7 nights a week so I could keep the stang. lol
Old 5/24/11, 10:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
****, almost want to trade mine in and get that!

This must be it

http://www.manningford.com/used/Ford...seHistory=true