Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAD Day... Had to let her go.

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/07, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAD Day... Had to let her go.

First off I just wanted to say how much I loved and enjoyed my baby. When I bought her (at the urging of my wife)we had 3 kids so we figured we could work it. Well we are now expecting our 4th (plus we foster kids ) So I decided to trade her in for a bigger vehicle. We got a 07 T&C which has all the room we need now. I was tired of having to take 2 cars when we went somewhere. We have an explorer that will work for me and the kids and the van when we all need to go somewhere. I still plan on visiting the forums in hopes of one day again being able to own another stang. When we were leaving the lot my wife started to cry, I think she will miss it as much as me. Later and stay safe.
Old 2/10/07, 06:32 PM
Cobra Member

I understand... Think I'' be trading mine in on Monday as well, but it's only in preparation for the BULLIT and a house. Need to save some $$$ this year.
Old 2/10/07, 06:34 PM
Queen Of Nascar

You did an admirable thing putting your family first. I believe that what goes around comes around, and you will have another one, one day. Best of luck to you.
Old 2/10/07, 06:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Family comes first. Good luck!
Old 2/10/07, 06:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GATORBAIT9696
First off I just wanted to say how much I loved and enjoyed my baby. When I bought her (at the urging of my wife)we had 3 kids so we figured we could work it. Well we are now expecting our 4th (plus we foster kids ) So I decided to trade her in for a bigger vehicle. We got a 07 T&C which has all the room we need now. I was tired of having to take 2 cars when we went somewhere. We have an explorer that will work for me and the kids and the van when we all need to go somewhere. I still plan on visiting the forums in hopes of one day again being able to own another stang. When we were leaving the lot my wife started to cry, I think she will miss it as much as me. Later and stay safe.
I too admire putting family first, but I would have traded the Explorer before the Stang! If you need to go somewhere with all of the kids take the van. Then you still have the best of both worlds!

In any event, good luck, you'll have another one someday!
Old 2/10/07, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the kind words. We were doing that, but if she had a Dr. appointment or something I would have to drive acroos town to swap vehicles- and being 7 mths pregnant climbing in and out of the stang was rough for her.
Old 2/10/07, 07:07 PM
GT Member

SAD Day...Had to let her go.

Sometimes putting the family first isn't the easiest thing to do but you really stepped up to the plate & made the right call, you can always get another Mustang and the T/C is better for a growing family...Ya gotta have the right car to suit your needs now and there'll be other opportunities for you to get one.
Old 2/10/07, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

As all the people have said before me. "Family always comes FIRST". Wait for those kids to grow up and then they can all pitch in and buy you another. LOL. Good luck and once a mustang owner, you will always be part if the mustang family!
Old 2/10/07, 10:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Sometimes I'm glad my wife and I are not young anymore.
Old 2/10/07, 10:31 PM
Bullitt Member

ooo man, thats why the rear seat folds and you can cram kids in there if you have to!!! IM J/K!!!! i DO NOT CONDONE CHILD ABUSE IN ANY WAY!!! but i will say that is honorable not only foster kids, you are willing to give up somthing dear to you fo the benifit of everyone, good man! have a nice day, and im sure one day you will have another one, youve got that mustang gallop in you step now lol
Old 2/10/07, 10:54 PM
V6 Member

You just proved you were a real man.
Old 2/11/07, 04:35 AM
V6 Member

Good luck to you man. I know that had to be rough. But you made the right call.
Old 2/11/07, 04:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

You can ride in mine any time!!! I'm seeing more and more white ones around town anyway, so just flag one of them down and asked to peek in...
Old 2/11/07, 05:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nole_trainer
You can ride in mine any time!!! I'm seeing more and more white ones around town anyway, so just flag one of them down and asked to peek in...
I will remember that. They had a superbee there and a salesman was just talking so much crud. It was hard to bite my toungue. Thanks again for the kind words.
Old 2/11/07, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Gator, I almost had to sell mine for similar reasons, fortunately my situation worked out and I got to keep it. I agree with Donna, What goes around comes around and you will be rewarded later on down the road for your unselfish act!!!!!!!Don't be a stranger!!!!!
Old 2/11/07, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Gator, you did the right thing by putting your family first just as others here have said. You've got good karma. Someday you and your wife will have another Mustang just for play. Best wishes.
Old 2/11/07, 03:39 PM
V6 Member

You did the right thing. You will be rewarded in the future.
Old 2/11/07, 09:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Now I know that I'm patting myself on the back, but I've wanted a Mustang since 1996. Instead I got a good job, married, had 3 children, bought a responsible family hauler (Windstar) in 2003, racked up 92K since then, got a good raise at work and decided to buy the only car that really moved me in 2007. Viva la Mustang!!!
Old 2/12/07, 06:33 AM
Banned

Don't worry,
when the time is right just find a good used one! There will be plenty of them around and when you get them used now the prices have really started to come down! Congratulations on the new family member.
Old 2/12/07, 07:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GATORBAIT9696
Sorry to hear that. You are doing the right thing.

Originally Posted by Torrence
I understand... Think I'' be trading mine in on Monday as well, but it's only in preparation for the BULLIT and a house. Need to save some $$$ this year.
Cool, Keep us posted on that.

Quick Reply: SAD Day... Had to let her go.