2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

S197 mod review what and where!

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/07, 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S197 mod review what and where!

Well I've been a buying fool lately and spent some dough. I just wanted everyone to know that when buying online it is great to have an idea of what you are getting into with the company you buy from, this is not meant to bad mouth anyone just a yeppie or no way when buying from someone. Below is what I've bought and my review of the service
Over the last 3 months I've gotten: list in order of purchase!
THESE ARE ONLY MY OPPINIONS!!
- Alt UDP's EBAY!!!

- Rims- APEXmotorsports- Set the wrong rims the first time, hard to get ahold of, no tracking number, poor customer service and communications and overall a rough transaction. In the end I got what I wanted but will think twice about buying from again. No accountability!!!!

- Headlight splitters- EBAY- EBOY 3d carbon

- LCA's from -stang supsension- Took along time to ship but it was due to a powder coating issue. Were very apolegtic and gave me a discount on future purchases. Would buy from again.

-Side marker lights, shorty antenna, and rear end rebuild kit- American Muscle (mustang tuning)- great company, fast shipping and allows you to see if you are ordering something in stock, tracking sent right away. :coolup: my favorite!

-T-Lock- Stang Mods- fast shipment, free shipping and tracking sent, would buy from again.

3.73 gears- RPM Outlet- NEVER AGAIN will I buy from them. Set the wrong order, when this happens you have to email to get an return number, this took 3 days for them to get back to me and I had to call 5 times for them to email me due to a clitch in the system. The then told me for the delay they would over night my gears to me and refund my money for having to ship the part back, well it didn't get over nighted since I still don't have the gears yet and I ordered Feb 22nd. The money will take a month they tell me. When you call the sales desk is all you can get ahold of and they tell you it isn't thier job to deal with customer service issues you have to email. THey did let me leave a message finally with the manager but he never returned my call. SO BEWARE this is the worst company I've ever dealt with....BEWARE. I've heard bad no I know, the are horrible.

Old 3/14/07, 04:51 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the info, how headlight splitters work anyway, I like how they look
Old 3/14/07, 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
RPM Outlet is on everyone's hate list!
Old 3/14/07, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by rmays06
- Rims- APEXmotorsports- Set the wrong rims the first time, hard to get ahold of, no tracking number, poor customer service and communications and overall a rough transaction. In the end I got what I wanted but will think twice about buying from again. No accountability!!!!
That sucks your wheels got screwed up but to speak up for the shop "APEX" we do not deal with the EBay side of things.. that's a total separate entity dealing with the online sales. I for one have also had a very bad service from Ebay and dealings I wish I could shove back in there face. I will personally talk to the owner about this to make sure things like this don't happen again but sometimes it happens and there is no control. Again my apology's for the screw up.
Old 3/14/07, 11:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 9Venom9
That sucks your wheels got screwed up but to speak up for the shop "APEX" we do not deal with the EBay side of things.. that's a total separate entity dealing with the online sales. I for one have also had a very bad service from Ebay and dealings I wish I could shove back in there face. I will personally talk to the owner about this to make sure things like this don't happen again but sometimes it happens and there is no control. Again my apology's for the screw up.
hey Craig, Thanks for the concern you are the first apology on this issue. This was directly from the company. I dealt with a guy named Mike. All in all it was fixed but I still don't feel that I got treated perfect. I like the rims and that in the end is all I wanted!
Thank you again thou!

@hk2006 the splitters are 3d carbon and they are paint to match (did it myself) and 3m in place if you don't like them you can pull them off, and that is the best part.

Thanks for reading everyone. This is not to bad mouth but give my perspective on the companys I dealt with. I in the future will make my selections more on the pickey side.
Old 3/14/07, 11:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So far I've done one-time business with Brenspeed and Ninosport. I'd definitely order from both of them again, especially Brenspeed, whose customer service is excellent. They took the time to answer all of my emails about their product both before and after purchase.

I've done repeat business with MustangTuning.com (now AmericanMuscle.com) and CDC, and will continue to order from each of them.
Old 3/15/07, 01:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's a list of vendors I'd do business with again:

CDC
MGW
MidWest AutoGear
Summit Racing
American Muscle
Partshopper
HaneyMotorsports
Bamachips