2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Running the Dragon in a 2005 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/07, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You described that really well. I too do alot of autocrossing (this Sunday again) and I bet that road is a blast. I can just picture that cop standing there, the guy he pulled over hs his engine off, very peacefull and then hearing the roar of your exhaust echoing off the hills and thinking "I am going to nail this bastard when he flies around this corner", and then to see you going nice and slow behind a truck...love it!
Old 8/23/07, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cowtown
Reminds me a lot of the road going towards Tofino on Vancouver Island, just a bunch longer but same type of road. Only difference is you're running through old growth rain forest.
Your on the island too? I know what you mean, that is a good road, just way to short!
Old 8/23/07, 11:07 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by cop on my back
You described that really well. I too do alot of autocrossing (this Sunday again) and I bet that road is a blast. I can just picture that cop standing there, the guy he pulled over hs his engine off, very peacefull and then hearing the roar of your exhaust echoing off the hills and thinking "I am going to nail this bastard when he flies around this corner", and then to see you going nice and slow behind a truck...love it!

Reminds me of that great scene in GUMBALL RALLY - where the cop Roscoe has all the trooper cars set up on the highway at an overpass on, each side of the interstate ready to go nail the two main cars - cop shooting down from the overpass running radar - here come the AC COBRA and the Ferrari......

and they toodle by right on 55 mph........... and wave.........

Old 8/23/07, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going up the hill was a blast, but coming down knowing that the cop would be there waiting for me was kind of nerve racking. By the time I got down to the Overlook there were 3 different cars, 2 sheriff deputies and 1 unmarked car with push bars, lying in wait.

There are photographers on the hill that take photos as you pass. They post them on their websites in hope that people will buy them. He are some they caught of me coming down the mountain at a slow crawl. I'm the red mustang with the Leman stripes. They must have used the slowest shutter speed on on the camera to take these picture because the backround isn't even blurred.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Thum...9&g=04RK00IY00

Several weeks ago I was hot shoeing around Killboy's corner and saw a black sedan with a large silver sticker on the door panel. I dropped the nose practically to the pavement by standing on he brakes until I realized that it was the US 129 photographer taking a picture and not some cop aiming a radar gun at me.
Old 8/23/07, 12:00 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by 364
Going up the hill was a blast, but coming down knowing that the cop would be there waiting for me was kind of nerve racking. By the time I got down to the Overlook there were 3 different cars, 2 sheriff deputies and 1 unmarked car with push bars, lying in wait.

There are photographers on the hill that take photos as you pass. They post them on their websites in hope that people will buy them. He are some they caught of me coming down the mountain at a slow crawl. I'm the red mustang with the Leman stripes. They must have used the slowest shutter speed on on the camera to take these picture because the backround isn't even blurred.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Thum...9&g=04RK00IY00

Several weeks ago I was hot shoeing around Killboy's corner and saw a black sedan with a large silver sticker on the door panel. I dropped the nose practically to the pavement by standing on he brakes until I realized that it was the US 129 photographer taking a picture and not some cop aiming a radar gun at me.

dude - SWEET!!!

Your Stang is TOTALLY bada**!!

what size tires out back on those chrome bullitts?
Old 8/23/07, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
dude - SWEET!!!

Your Stang is TOTALLY bada**!!

what size tires out back on those chrome bullitts?
Thanks Burke:

They are B F Goodrich G- force KDW 255x9†in the fornt and 285x10†on the rear. The wheels are chrome dish bullets from Mustang Tuning.
Old 8/23/07, 12:33 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by 364
Thanks Burke:

They are B F Goodrich G- force KDW 255x9†in the fornt and 285x10†on the rear. The wheels are chrome dish bullets from Mustang Tuning.
thought it looked familiar - that's my tire set-up too

so the photographers are a regular thing out there now huh? Didn't know that.....
Old 8/23/07, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
thought it looked familiar - that's my tire set-up too

so the photographers are a regular thing out there now huh? Didn't know that.....

Both Dragonslayer.com and Killboy.com are there almost every weekend taking pictures. The first time they I ran the Dragon I was flattered when I saw a guy with a camera snappping away. I thought some magazine photographer really liked my mods and was going to make my car famous. When I checked out the website I realized that they shoot every car going over the mountain. I guess my poor little pony isn't that special. The only ones that seem really interested in it are the police.
Old 8/23/07, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Did it on a motorcycle in 2001

Great story! Great car.. love those wheels.

Did deal's gap 6 years ago with my pops during the middle of the week. Was able to make two passes scraping accessories on every turn without coming up on other cars. Good brakes helped. (I'm the tool on the left)
Attached Thumbnails Running the Dragon in a 2005 Mustang GT-dealsgap.jpg  
Old 8/23/07, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon_SHUTDOWN.html
Old 8/24/07, 06:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by spike
Great story! Great car.. love those wheels.

Did deal's gap 6 years ago with my pops during the middle of the week. Was able to make two passes scraping accessories on every turn without coming up on other cars. Good brakes helped. (I'm the tool on the left)

Nice bike I hope with all that scraping of the accessories you didn't add anything to the tree of shame.
Old 8/24/07, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 364
Nice bike I hope with all that scraping of the accessories you didn't add anything to the tree of shame.
Tree of shame.. I saw that.. too funny. Just a few sparks but I kept the shinny side up and nothing came off. I have bolt on heat shields over the mid section of my pipes which are no longer chrome on the bottom.