2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Road Trip Notes

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/05 | 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Welcome to New England April and Eleanor! Oh yes - Brian and kids as well! Sorry to have such miserable weather and snow to greet you - this is why most of us escape to places like where you're from this time of year and very few of you head this way till June or July.

I'm soooo envious of your drive - I would love to be on the Skyline Drive in Va or Blue Ridge Pkwy in NC in April with the dogwoods and redbuds out or May when the rhodendrums will be blooming. Mustangs just beg to be driven! Unfortunately with my wife and three teens including one with size 14 shoes - no way no how for us as a family. My wife and I will certainly do a road trip sometime early this summer. Can't wait.

Have a great trip! Looking forward to your pics.
Old 3/22/05 | 02:21 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Day four here. Eleanor is covered in snow filth. Eww. She is sleeping in a garage at night though.
Its sunny and pleasant out here today. Yesterday we hit the mall- not in the mustang.

Still can't go to the auto show. Apparently I am the only one in the family who sees getting on a train for 2.5 hours to "see a mustang"
Old 3/22/05 | 03:02 PM
GT Member

Hay April, glad to hear you are having great fun. Steve and I played hooky on friday put on a few hundred miles on the 05 vert. We would have loved a long trip but our daughter is getting married an her shower fell on the first saturday we got our 05. Oh well, I will dream about you and your trip. Sounds wonderful. Have a great time. If you get anywhere near New Freedom Pa. give us a shout.
Old 3/23/05 | 08:56 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Yesterday was sunny and spectacular.
I took Eleanor down the mountain and learned how to use the lower gears. Got to play and corner and ride the hill like a roller coaster.

Monday I even got to skid on a snow patch. It was fun. My terror of the northeast winters have been cured.

The furtherest I have ventured is waterbury.To the brass mill mall. AND I didn't take Eleanor. I still have only seen a couple of 99-04s and a 99-04 Saleen three condos down.

Yesterday my kids and their cousins got into a snowball fight. Being as its already spring at home, there is no snow there and my kids are enthralled. My son is throwing a snowball and WHACK! Eleanor gets hit. that smelled.

I think its going to snow today. Friday morning I am headed home.Be home Saturday lunchtime.

I did find the COOLEST shoes ever at the mall here-black wedge sandals with metal skulls on em!
Old 3/23/05 | 09:06 AM
Post *****

Glad you and your family are having a wonderful time.
Old 3/24/05 | 07:12 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Good morning Everyone!
Eleanor didn't see the light of day yesterday.
We were under a winter storm warning, and I ain't wrecking her.

So we get picked up in Sis in Laws cherokee. Go to lunch, and then go back to Mom in laws.
She takes us to Milford Ct to an arcade there. While we are there it starts POURING snow! HUGE GIANT snowflakes.

We go back to Beacon Falls, and go to Sis in laws house that night.
HOLY CRAP! Sis in law lives up a huge mountain. Mom in law has a monte carlo. We get halfway up this thing and start SLIDING!
It took us 30 minutes to go up this thing, sliding and digging the whole way. eleanor would have never made it.

End result? There is about six inches of snow on the ground this morning. I hope the roads are plowed.
Old 3/24/05 | 07:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@March 24, 2005, 9:15 AM
Good morning Everyone!
Eleanor didn't see the light of day yesterday.
We were under a winter storm warning, and I ain't wrecking her.

End result? There is about six inches of snow on the ground this morning. I hope the roads are plowed.
Well, as of around 8 a.m., all the roads I've seen in CT are just wet. It's around 40 degrees and still snowing a little, but it's all melting like the wicked witch as soon as it hits the ground.

My daughter named my new car "Big Bird" the other day, which I love as a name. B)

So far, I know Big Bird doesn't like this weather one bit, because she's already dirty, but has no problem dealing with it. I wish I had a beater to drive for days like this though.

Glad you're enjoying the trip and CT!
Old 3/24/05 | 07:39 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

So I am out playing in this snowstorm like a fool. Last night was grand! I froze, but I played like a little kid.
Today I plan to construct a snowman!
Also, Eleanor is coming out of the garage, we are going the back way into Sis in Laws house. I am not driving her. Also Dunkin Donuts

Mother in laws car laid rubber the whole way up the hill- and to think for a minute I considered driving my car over there. I woulda still been in a ditch.

Tomorrow is Road Trip Part Deux. We are headed back to bammy.