2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Replacement Shaker headunits

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/05, 11:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a AVIC-N2 its a single Din. Im planning to fill the extra space with a center channnel speaker made by alpine.
Old 12/30/05, 12:54 AM
V6 Member

I had my Shaker 500 head unit replaced by Ford on my '05 V-6 almost one-year ago. The new unit is better, but still has some very occassional problems. Problems occur with both store-bought and home-made CDs, and include skipping and cut-out at end of songs. Problems are more prevalent with music CD files than they are with MP3 files (I don't know why). New unit sounds different than old unit: old unit sounded better (bass and treble settings are all different--has anyone else noticed this?) I am not planning to replace or change until after-market has come up with a really good replacement type upgrade that uses all stock speaker holes including subwoofer units! Has anyone heard of anything like that yet? Pictures of after market units here look great, but if you get a bad installer your in for a heck of a time.
Old 12/30/05, 04:45 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Still a POS..

I am about to be on #3 shaker.

Cds spit out and don't read and make me mad.
Old 1/5/06, 09:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My shaker 1000 was replaced last month. Since then it has failed to advance from one cd to the next twice. I also thought it sounded different, but better. I'm currently listening to MP3 and have had no problems.
Old 1/5/06, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

i have the eclipse nav. and dvd head unit
Old 1/9/06, 05:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Disc 3 & 4 have issues.

It spits discs out.
It doesn't read them
It says good ones are bad.
It chirps them
It skips..
:bang:

But its only those two discs, the other 4 I have no problems with.

And a new annoying problem is when I switch from CD to radio back to CD. The Cd goes to Rereading instead of picking up where I left off.

I am about to be on Shaker #3.
Old 1/23/06, 05:41 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My replacement has went to the shaker twilight zone.

Theres more chirping going on than an aviary.....
bad discs all over(even brand new ones)

And a new aggravation- its Suddenly started just out of nowhere saying screw it and jumping to the next disc.

When I go over to FM and then back to CD- it jumps back to READ DISC on the CD I was just listening to as well.

What can I do? This is my second shaker. And I wanted the shaker!
Old 1/25/06, 07:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Will this work ? they are slow and takes a tad of time to go from CD to FM
Old 1/26/06, 12:48 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ed- you gotta lay off the
Old 2/28/06, 04:48 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

What a POS my replacement shaker is.

It just decided to stop working properly. Every slot Chirps and rewinds now, and it spits out discs all over the place. It does it on burned CDS and store bought ones equally. Its embarassing.

It was fine for almost a year, but at this point it is worse than the first one ever was.
Old 3/1/06, 01:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No problems with MP3. Today,listened to an entire CD (not MP3) and when it went to change discs, it spit out the CD I had just listened to and read "bad disc". Still think I'll keep this second Shaker a while and trade it in some months down the road. Maybe I'm just being picky. After all...it's normal for the Shaker!
Old 3/1/06, 01:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Humm I don't think that I had many prob's the bad disc on most ? what does one look for to warrent a replacement ?
Old 3/2/06, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had mine replaced twice even after the TSB was performed. No better than original. Sure am glad I spent $1,200.00 for the Shaker 1000.
Old 4/27/06, 05:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Holy Snot.
My shaker has went nuts.

It can be in the middle of a CD, and just stop playing. Go Dark and such.
Then it comes back on by itself and spits said brand new CD out as a bad disc. Got a new RHCP Cd this week, I turned off the car, when I turned it back on ,the music was NOT playing, and the disc got spat out. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] SOOOOOO Tired and embarassed.

And It has started Gapping in the middle of songs. Like for 10+ seconds at a time. Embarassing.
Old 4/27/06, 01:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Makes you wanna give your Head a shake don't it !
Old 4/27/06, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I had mine replaced a few weeks ago and they actually checked to make sure it worked, which it didn't. Wouldn't even take a CD, just came up with ERROR right off the bat. Ordered a new one, and this one seems to work ok, but I've noticed on a couple of MP3 disks that I get random periods of silence of about 2 to 5 seconds, then it starts up again. It's happened 2 or 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Today on a RW CD It was doing it quite a bit towards the end of the CD, so could be a CD issue, don't know.
Old 5/2/06, 04:48 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(My Blue Heaven @ April 27, 2006, 3:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I had mine replaced a few weeks ago and they actually checked to make sure it worked, which it didn't. Wouldn't even take a CD, just came up with ERROR right off the bat. Ordered a new one, and this one seems to work ok, but I've noticed on a couple of MP3 disks that I get random periods of silence of about 2 to 5 seconds, then it starts up again. It's happened 2 or 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Today on a RW CD It was doing it quite a bit towards the end of the CD, so could be a CD issue, don't know.
[/b][/quote]

Wouldn't that totally suck if Ford (or the Shaker manufacturer) was refurbishing the old ones and sending them out as replacements? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 05:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Most Likely are and they plug them into some test bed get a Yup box it up and put it on that going out & coming back in cycle.
Old 5/3/06, 05:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Playing a good cd-
Get out at the store.
Crank car.
Cd makes no noise.
Cd spits out- BAD DISC......

Or while playing- Silent gaps all over the place.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 12:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Shaker replacement has been good to me so far. It does have problems with track spacing sometimes starting the sone 1 to 2 seconds late. Also skips tracks sometimes for no reason of late. I just give it an evil glare and go back to the track, it always plays after the glare [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Replacement Shaker headunits