2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Red accent Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04, 10:28 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a must getting the IAP with redfire IMO you have to see it in person it's just killer
Old 12/15/04, 10:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
I like the interior with the ICAP except for the leather. I have been to the land of leather and back again. I'm NEVER going back.

Now, if they were cloth, well, that'd be perfect. I think it's rather stunning in color combination.

So I'll be getting a dark charcoal cloth interior, and then having custom made red cloth covers put in afterwards. Buy the floor mats, and whatever trim I want to recover, and voila! My car will be complete inside.

/ignore that signature behind the curtain. We all knows it ain't happenin' So white with black and later red added will be fine.
Old 12/15/04, 10:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit I didn't care for the red interior initially. It was too bold. Then I started to think about all of the cars that I've had with gray interiors. To me, the extra color is a welcome change. It wakes up your senses. I like the contrasts. Now I know I wouldn't be happy with anything less than a RED LEATHER interior. I cannot wait to get mine!

Gotta part with the Audi first, I'm afraid (see eBay Motors #4512555028). B)
Old 12/15/04, 10:49 PM
Cobra Member

im either getting white, windveil blue or legend lime

which one of those would red work with??
id think white for sure but i havent seen it in person
Old 12/15/04, 11:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by jcopin@December 15, 2004, 9:52 PM
im either getting white, windveil blue or legend lime

which one of those would red work with??
id think white for sure but i havent seen it in person
One of the salespeople at my local ford store ordered a White GT with Red Leather.......and Red LeMans Stripes.
Old 12/16/04, 12:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bubba@December 15, 2004, 7:55 PM
red seats all the way, would u eat oreos wihout milk ?
Yes, I would because I hate milk. And I am really not fond of the red interior. That's why I didn't get it. But then again I hate the color red. The last 3 cars my mom had before her current Ranger were all red, my uncle currently owns 2 red on red verts, & the 1st car I rember growing up was a black thunderbird with red interior. So, I am alittle burnt out on the color red. But if that's what you like then power to you. It's just not my cup of tea. I will stick with my d charcoal so I can add a few more alumiumn goodies to the inside and it won't look so overwhelmed.

Cheersmates
Old 12/16/04, 12:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 78Mach1@December 15, 2004, 9:30 PM
They should add Blue, Green, and white
I would agree except I would like purple. It's my fave & it doesn't look oo bad with my moneral grey.

Besides, I like being different.

BTW

~ Jay ~ you can't order windveil blue or legend lime with the red interior. It's not offered. In fact you can't get it with either, screaming yellow, windveil blue, sonic blue, or legend lime. Kinda stinks for you guys who want it. But then again I wanted light graohite with my mineral grey & it was the only interior color not offered with that.
Old 12/16/04, 12:27 AM
Bullitt Member

If the red leather seats were put on a v6.... would the seats still have the v6 leather style? or would it have the GT leather style?

I noticed that the GT leathers seats are much nicer than the v6 leather seats. Leather seats on the v6s are pretty ooglay IMO :notnice:
Old 12/16/04, 12:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sadsquared2@December 16, 2004, 1:30 AM
If the red leather seats were put on a v6.... would the seats still have the v6 leather style? or would it have the GT leather style?

I noticed that the GT leathers seats are much nicer than the v6 leather seats. Leather seats on the v6s are pretty ooglay IMO :notnice:
on the V6 the red interior is the GT leather. Without the ICAP you get the V6 Leather
Old 12/16/04, 12:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by WingZero@December 15, 2004, 7:08 PM
I'm getting a 05 mustang and I just want a feedback on what you all think about the red interior accent. the color of my future mustang is redfire metallic
I liked it so much I ordered it on another Redfire GT due March 05.
Old 12/16/04, 12:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a daily driver (not a Mustang) in mineral grey with red leather. Initially I liked it a lot, but after a year it sorta gets old.

Also I don't like red leather with red exterior at all. The interior and exterior red shades clash and besides the more contrast the better. So on a red car I would always go with charcoal. On a mineral grey or black one red does look nice. But if I could do it again I would go back to charcoal, which always looks good on any car.

And talking about the V6... If I were to choose a V6 I would either go cloth or red leather, because that indeed is the GT leather. The charcoal leather on the V6 is a different quality and pattern which looks pretty cheap, like in the old cars.
Old 12/16/04, 02:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose+December 16, 2004, 2:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mongoose @ December 16, 2004, 2:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-WingZero@December 15, 2004, 7:08 PM
I'm getting a 05 mustang and I just want a feedback on what you all think about the red interior accent. the color of my future mustang is redfire metallic
I liked it so much I ordered it on another Redfire GT due March 05.[/b][/quote]

I'll bite. How did you get a delivery date of March 5?

I too love the red interior.

Torch red exterior.
Old 12/16/04, 04:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Red interior here......I Love it!!!

Mike
Old 12/16/04, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I prefer the red interior with a white exterior. While I thought the redfire/ICAP looked good in person, I felt that the combination would get old very quickly.

So, I went with the medium parchment interior with my redfire exterior. I think the tan interior goes great with darker exterior colors. I don't think you can go wrong with the ICAP, but it just wasn't for me.

Old 12/16/04, 12:23 PM
GT Member

The red interior in the concept pictures really grabbed me.

When the production pictures started showing the red seats, I was concerned. The shade of red seemed to move from having a burgundy tint to a bit of a pink tint.

I have to say they nailed the color. It is red; not pink or burgundy. I think it completes the retro look.
Old 12/16/04, 12:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Eric B@December 15, 2004, 11:43 PM
Also I don't like red leather with red exterior at all. The interior and exterior red shades clash and besides the more contrast the better. So on a red car I would always go with charcoal.
I dunno Eric...... Jay Leno got Torch Red with Red Leather.....and I would say he knows his cars as well as anybody (bikes too). Geee, what a coincidence....I have the same combo as Leno....
Old 12/16/04, 04:19 PM
Cobra Member

When I seen how light the red was back in August, I did not care for it on a red body. I would like the red to be a deeper tone. I prefer the current color with either Black or Satin-Silver. Wife did not want it on her car. She likes just the dark charcoal..
Old 12/16/04, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

One of the salespeople at my local ford store ordered a White GT with Red Leather.......and Red LeMans Stripes.
Giddyup, that is exactly the car I would like to get (of course I'd add a ducktail), if you happen to see it I would appreciate pictures.

Having not seen either Red with the red interior in person, I would be a bit concerned about there being too much red, but all the pics posted here look great. Plus, in my yellow stang I've painted the interior plastic pieces yellow and don't think there is too much yellow.

Unfortunately the only colors I've seen so far have been Lime Green/charcoal leather GT and Lime Green/charcoal cloth V6.
Old 12/16/04, 05:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by mizanin@December 16, 2004, 3:34 PM
Giddyup, that is exactly the car I would like to get (of course I'd add a ducktail), if you happen to see it I would appreciate pictures.
No problem.....if I see it, and more importantly 'If He Sees It'. I know he wanted IUP also.....and this just isn't happening now according to other threads/topics.
Old 12/16/04, 09:15 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Radman@December 15, 2004, 11:26 PM
I switched my order to Redfire with the red interior and love it! So has everyone else who has checked out the car. The leather color is a shade in-between torch and redfire. I liked the redfire color more so I went that route. Also, I ordered sight unseen. Here's a pic of mine at night. The colors showed up nicely with the flash.
I went the same route (nice car BTW). I absolutely love the red interior + IUP + Redfire. Everyone I show the car to loves it.....most go into shock. Lucky I'm trained in first aid. This car rules.

Quick Reply: Red accent Interior