2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Raxiom Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/17, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raxiom Headlights

My son has a 2009 45th Edition Mustang and he purchased a set of the Raxiom headlights, only to find out once he recieved them they would not fit his car. The reason was because his car came standard with HID headlights and the plug is different. Is there a way to fix this problem or is he not going to be able to use the headlights? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 2/27/17, 09:41 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,787 Posts
Originally Posted by Dustland
My son has a 2009 45th Edition Mustang and he purchased a set of the Raxiom headlights, only to find out once he recieved them they would not fit his car. The reason was because his car came standard with HID headlights and the plug is different. Is there a way to fix this problem or is he not going to be able to use the headlights? Any help would be appreciated.
Here's what I don't quite understand.. Why would your son want the Raxiom headlights to begin with anyhow ? His factory HID headlights are by far much better quality IMHO..

The way to fix this problem would be to just send them back to AM..
Old 2/28/17, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know, but his lenses have started to get spider lines through them and he just wanted to change the look of the front.
Old 2/28/17, 09:08 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,787 Posts
Being as the plugs are different and won't fit, he's not going to be able to use them anyhow.. So he just might as well send them back to AM and get OEM replacements from Ford instead
The following users liked this post:
wanted33 (3/2/17)
Old 3/1/17, 07:56 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Can it be made to work? Sure. But if he didn't see this complication coming ahead of time, then this is not a problem that I would recommend trying to resolve yourself.

As others already mentioned, the lighting of the Raxiom lights (with halogen bulbs) will be poor...very poor compared to his stock HID lights.

If you really want to make them work with HID bulbs, it can be done. The light output will be decent, and certainly better than halogen bulbs. BUT the distribution of the light will still not be very good, since the projectors are garbage.

Having said all that...I would return them and stick with the stock setup.
Old 3/3/17, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
My 2 cents, just send them back and get replacement ford projectors, that way you're not ruining the light distribution.