2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Radio Control Mustang ?

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/04, 04:02 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey dont know if this has been mentioned befor but i thought i would point out again if it has

the thorottle on the new mustang is controled by servos and not by a cable or any mechanical means

thought i would point this out
Old 10/17/04, 04:13 PM
Banned

Sorry dude, but we've discussed pretty much everything under the sun at this point, especially things like this that are integral to the control and driving of the car.

edit: I'm sure that there are people that didn't know it, and I'm not trying to put you down, its just you said "don't know if its been mentioned" ... pretty much everything at this point has been. Just letting you know that. Thanks for posting stuff though
Old 10/17/04, 04:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gotta love Grantsdale's subtlety.

NANNERS
Old 10/17/04, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nearly all 05 ford products use servo controlled, electronic throttles. I think only ranger, focus, and taurus do not.
Old 10/17/04, 04:31 PM
GT Member

sorry just couldnt belive i missed that oh well thread can be deleted
Old 10/17/04, 04:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@October 17, 2004, 4:16 PM

Sorry dude, but we've discussed pretty much everything under the sun at this point, especially things like this that are integral to the control and driving of the car.

edit: I'm sure that there are people that didn't know it, and I'm not trying to put you down, its just you said "don't know if its been mentioned" ... pretty much everything at this point has been. Just letting you know that. Thanks for posting stuff though
Grantsdale,

Did you read the sticky about manners?

Nanners too...
Old 10/17/04, 04:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by maverick351ci@October 17, 2004, 5:34 PM
sorry just couldnt belive i missed that oh well thread can be deleted
dont worry about it, you dont need to search to see if something was discussed 10 months ago every time you want to say something.
Old 10/17/04, 04:41 PM
GT Member

i never seen it posted befor and i thought it was cable operated like any normal car i just noticed that tonight for the first time

thought it would be a god subject to talk about though kinda cool and scary yet at the same time

lets hear what others think about the fly by wire thorottle
Old 10/17/04, 04:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ColoradoStang+October 17, 2004, 6:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ColoradoStang @ October 17, 2004, 6:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@October 17, 2004, 4:16 PM

Grantsdale,

Did you read the sticky about manners?

Nanners too... [/b][/quote]
Did you read the thread about searching before posting?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=2172

he got an edit saying "thanks for posting, its been discussed already" just like it says to do in the manners sticky. i'm not going to pull up old thread links because that isnt my responsibility. most of the threads like this that i reply to don't get even that ... if the issue is the use of the smilie, then i guess brad should remove them from the board if we arent supposed to use them in cases like this.
Old 10/17/04, 04:44 PM
Banned

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=1538
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=2713
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=4519

6 pages of discussion between the three threads ... if you need more i think following up on one of those would probably be better because that way all of the old info would be in the same place as the new info you are looking for
Old 10/17/04, 04:58 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What used to be adjustable by screwdriver is now adjustable by way of an excel spreadsheet. Such is the way of new technology.
Old 10/17/04, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally posted by mr-mstng@October 17, 2004, 7:01 PM
What used to be adjustable by screwdriver is now adjustable by way of an excel spreadsheet. Such is the way of new technology.
Great way to look at it
Old 10/17/04, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A kinder gentler Grantsdale, aww how cute
Old 10/17/04, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Grantsdale who cares! If it has been discussed before so what. Maybe you've been here too long. If everything has been said that can be said like you say then why do you log in here. What more can you get out of this web site other than ridiculing everyone else. If people stop posting then this becomes a referance page not an active web site. Eventually we'll be talking about many things and oh no this site may even talk about other things like the wax we use or oil we choose. So lighten up and I don't care if you hear the questions 5 times. We don't want to hear from you. Since when did you become the site modurator?
Old 10/17/04, 06:25 PM

Thanks Joe, I wasn't aware of this as well. I wasn't a member here 10 months ago and just never thought to search for any discussions about throttle operations.
Old 10/17/04, 06:26 PM

Hey Bill, did you know that you can search for topics about car wax and see what everyone really likes? Just kidding-I agree
Old 10/17/04, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by upstate@October 17, 2004, 6:24 PM
Grantsdale who cares! If it has been discussed before so what. Maybe you've been here too long. If everything has been said that can be said like you say then why do you log in here. What more can you get out of this web site other than ridiculing everyone else. If people stop posting then this becomes a referance page not an active web site. Eventually we'll be talking about many things and oh no this site may even talk about other things like the wax we use or oil we choose. So lighten up and I don't care if you hear the questions 5 times. We don't want to hear from you. Since when did you become the site modurator?
Old 10/17/04, 06:41 PM
GT Member

yeah i think its a cool idea but it could also be more electronics to go wrong im just thinking in my head "what happens when a servo strips a gear and the throttle gets stuck half open?" i know not likely to happen on a new car but im just thinking about in 20 years when some carbon gets built up behind the blades lack of an alternative way to close it like a spring might be a problem.....

but im sure that ford has already took into consideration this might happen and has some sort of fail safe in place.

just my thoughts on it but i now understand how they got the traction control to work on a stick car they just start shutting the throttle down

as where in an automatic car you would just start slipping the torque converter.....

still cool to see the same technology that mercedes benz uses on their cars

cool huh? i think so
Old 10/17/04, 06:49 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by maverick351ci@October 17, 2004, 6:44 PM
yeah i think its a cool idea but it could also be more electronics to go wrong im just thinking in my head "what happens when a servo strips a gear and the throttle gets stuck half open?" i know not likely to happen on a new car but im just thinking about in 20 years when some carbon gets built up behind the blades lack of an alternative way to close it like a spring might be a problem.....

but im sure that ford has already took into consideration this might happen and has some sort of fail safe in place.

just my thoughts on it but i now understand how they got the traction control to work on a stick car they just start shutting the throttle down

as where in an automatic car you would just start slipping the torque converter.....

still cool to see the same technology that mercedes benz uses on their cars

cool huh? i think so
FORD used this for years on their diesel motors, never heard of any problems.
Old 10/17/04, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by upstate@October 17, 2004, 8:24 PM
I want people to talk about other things ... do you not get it? I think it is a matter of respect to the members of any forum that you go to, be it this one or a computer related one, or ****, or whatever floats your boat, I see it as respectful of the people that go to that forum daily to use the search button before you post a new topic. Its not that hard. It is even written into the forum rules to do so. Don't you see the big red letters that say "read the faq before posting"? I certainly do. People may disagree with the way I do things, and thats fine. I can take it. I did everything that is required of me in this thread, I said "this has been discussed before" "read the faq" and I posted links to prior discussion. See the manners sticky that was referenced? I've done all of it.

You made a thread yesterday about supporting the site. Do you know what the site costs consist of? Bandwidth. Do you know what eats up lots of bandwidth? Multiple threads on the same subject. Yes, every new thread and post does eat bandwidth, but doing a search and reading already posted material eats on average less than .02% of what creating a new thread does. When you create a new thread, everyone gets sent the information when they go to the forum. When you do a search and pull up the old information, only you are getting it. You can't have it both ways, saying "support themustangsource.com" and "who cares how many multiple threads there are?"

Look, we can go back and forth forever. I am just trying to help out. I come off as crass and an donkey doughnut, and I know that. I apologize to everyone for that. However, thats how I am. Can't change it. Wouldn't be where I am today without it (which is darn good but I don't want to talk about personal stuff here).

End.

Quick Reply: Radio Control Mustang ?