2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

quick quote

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/14, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick quote

So I needed a quick quote on some things I would like to do to a mustang I might buy. Recently I decided I'd try out a sports car since my first car was a truck and I'm 20 so I'd like something small and saves a bit more gas than my truck. But I honestly don't like 4 cylinder cars at all so I think a v6 mustang is the way to go for me. I would like to buy a 2005-2010 mustang but I'm not sure how much all of the modification I would like to get done would cost. So I'll list them out and hope somebody can give me a quick quote on how much to expect to spend. Thanks

Right now performance wise I'd like to keep it at stock and would like to work on the exterior and interior design. Later on though I would like to work on its performance.

I would like the following done

Exterior:
-Carbon colored or black plasti dipped rims (rims I won't add to the list since I don't really know what kind of rims I'm looking for yet)

-skye blue plasti dip or a paint job either one

-plasti dipped tail lights

- similar dual exhausts like these http://www.roushperformance.com/i/pa..._3_800x600.jpg

- little bit more interesting hood possibly

-new tires

-grill guard (not sure why but I think it would look pretty good with the color of the car)

Interior:

-I'm not sure if seat covers will save more money vs just buying brand new seats but would like all the seats to be something like blue with some black kind of stitching or patterns I guess.

-install a touch screen/voice command navi ( would like it to be built into the dash vs something that looks like its not meant to be there)

- start button (also would like a key chain starter thing would be nice)

Main reason though I'm buying a new car is because I'd like to buy something with my own money since I've been saving for awhile. I got my truck from my dad so I never had the struggle most people have had on buying a car and what choices to make when buying a car. Hopefully this mustang will give me some good experiences.

All in all though I don't have a whole lot of money room wise to spend on the modifications considering the car it self will cost quite a bit for me. So yeah if anybody can hit me up on how much you think it would cost me as a reasonable price let me know thanks.
Old 3/29/14, 06:28 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,079 Likes on 675 Posts
I can only comment on a few items but the one thing to remember, and this is important: You get next to nothing back, and I mean nothing, for the mods you buy for most cars. If you buy a Mustang for $12,000 and put $5,000 in mods into the car, it is still going to sell for $12,000 the next week. That's if you are lucky. Many buyers will not like what you have done to the Mustang which will limit your buyer's market. Just keep that in mind, along with the normal depreciation that occurs. So many young owners don't realize that mods are personal touches for themselves, not making the car more valuable.
As far as what these mods cost, they are expensive. Quality tires will run $600+ for a set. Painting a car is extremely pricey if you want it done right. I've rarely seen a decent paint job done for under $2,000 unless the owner did it himself and had the expertise. Most paint jobs (quality) are well over $2,000.
Good luck with everything and think it all through.
Old 3/29/14, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good advice for the new buyer from our friend in NC!
Old 3/29/14, 10:52 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts
^^^Agree, Great advice NC07GTCS!