2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Question for X-Plan people on price increase.

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/05, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just want to make sure my dealer knows what he is telling me. Just got a new updated DORA and it is $312.00 more than when I ordered on X-Plan. He said price is subject to change until vehicle is locked into production. Is this right? Thanks Scott.
Old 3/10/05, 04:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Karpro posted this a little while back about price protection. I believe it applies to your situation.

I'm going to say on your dealer.
Old 3/10/05, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

my dealer told me that my price is protected, at the level when i ordered under x-plan.
:scratch:
Old 3/10/05, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

My dealer also told me that my price would be protected.
Old 3/10/05, 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

This is taken right from fordpartner web page
the Ford Partner Recognition customer is entitled to X-Plan pricing on eligible vehicles in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer. From time to time Ford Motor Company may offer incentives or rebates. Unless specifically approved and announced by the company, incentives or rebates are not available to New Vehicle Purchase Plan customers. Ask your dealer for details. B)
Old 3/10/05, 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bill_brenda@March 10, 2005, 6:37 PM
the Ford Partner Recognition customer is entitled to X-Plan pricing on eligible vehicles in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer. From time to time Ford Motor Company may offer incentives or rebates. Unless specifically approved and announced by the company, incentives or rebates are not available to New Vehicle Purchase Plan customers. Ask your dealer for details. B)
Keyword in there is invoiced... Stangscuba noted that he has a DORA (and I'm guessing VOC), not an invoice. They are even so kind as to print in big letters on the VOC (and I believe the DORA) "Not an Invoice."
Old 3/10/05, 05:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Stadifer+March 10, 2005, 6:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stadifer @ March 10, 2005, 6:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bill_brenda@March 10, 2005, 6:37 PM
Keyword in there is invoiced... Stangscuba noted that he has a DORA (and I'm guessing VOC), not an invoice. They are even so kind as to print in big letters on the VOC (and I believe the DORA) "Not an Invoice."
[/b][/quote]

That is right. Both my VOC and DORA say not an invoice so I guess until it is pulled for production the price increase might stand. :bang:
Old 3/10/05, 05:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by stangscuba98a@March 10, 2005, 6:45 PM
That is right. Both my VOC and DORA say not an invoice so I guess until it is pulled for production the price increase might stand. :bang:
I do think price increases are at the dealers discression. Some dealers might be kind and not charge the increase. But the price is negotiable up until you sign the papers verbal agreement or no. Now if the sales manager would have signed the VOC or DORA saying they'll sell it to you at that price you'd have something to go to battle with.
Old 3/10/05, 06:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Yes mine was reinvoiced, but he said he would contact ford for the refund. It was about 200 difference. Just some money to spend on more aftermarket stuff. I got the bluetooth cell phone kit, wheel locks, and ashtray lighter kit added to the ride.