2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Question for those ICAP owners.....

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/05, 09:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by keoni@September 10, 2005, 8:49 PM
After the fact is there anyone who regrets the red and wishes they would have went with something else? On average how is the leather holding up? Still solid or showing wear signs?

I am new to leather, never had it. Does it scratch easy? I plan to put a child carseat in it. Will my carseat or my kids legs kicking the back seat jack up my leather? Thanks for any feedback.
Well, what's to say that everyone else hasn't already, I still love mine as well. Mine is at 9k miles and showing no signs of wear. In fact, you can still smell the "new leather" smell when you get in the car.

As for the car seat, I always lay a towel down before putting the car seat in. I've done this in all my cars and it works great, if the kids spill anything the towel catches it (I don't let them eat or drink in the stang though). It also protects the seats from getting scratched or creased from the car seat.
Old 9/12/05, 10:16 AM
GT Member

You're gonna love it! As most have said, the compliments keep on coming, especially when the top is down and strangers will walk by and say "Love that red interior".

Also, the Red floor mats look great, but don't know about replacing them when the time comes. I'm sure there will be aftermarket choices shortly though.

Can't comment on wear since mine's still pretty new at 2 months.
Old 9/12/05, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Nittanylion@September 12, 2005, 10:19 AM
You're gonna love it! As most have said, the compliments keep on coming, especially when the top is down and strangers will walk by and say "Love that red interior".

Also, the Red floor mats look great, but don't know about replacing them when the time comes. I'm sure there will be aftermarket choices shortly though.

Can't comment on wear since mine's still pretty new at 2 months.
John, CJ pony parts outside of Harrisburg has a great looking mat that goes well with the red interior and the color matches the carpet exactly.

It has the tri-color bars and running pony emblem on it.

I was not a fan of the red floor mats personally.
Old 9/12/05, 12:37 PM

I have satin silver outside and the red inside, and it's a great combo. As more and more Mustangs hit the road - and there will be plenty, given both the supply and demand for them - the ICAP models will still stand out since I think only 5 or 10% of them are so equipped.
Further down the road, if/when you want to sell, having both ICAP as well as the interior upgrade, things like that, will really differentiate your car from other more typical stangs.
Old 9/12/05, 01:01 PM
GT Member

I bought mine in December and I am still 100% glad that I got the IUP and ICAP. The red looks great, especially when paired with those red tri-bar floor mats mentioned above from CJ Pony Parts.

This is a bit of a side-question, but what does everyone think of putting red (dark? torch?) stripes on the performance white with the red interior? Would a bright red match well, or should it be a slightly darker red?
Old 9/12/05, 01:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by schmads@September 12, 2005, 2:04 PM
I bought mine in December and I am still 100% glad that I got the IUP and ICAP. The red looks great, especially when paired with those red tri-bar floor mats mentioned above from CJ Pony Parts.

This is a bit of a side-question, but what does everyone think of putting red (dark? torch?) stripes on the performance white with the red interior? Would a bright red match well, or should it be a slightly darker red?

Ours is white with ICAP and everyone compliments the great contrast. Too new to comment on wear as the car still has less than 1500 miles on it. We have bright red lower accent stripes as the 1967 Mustang had.
Old 9/12/05, 03:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love my red interior. No complaints and lots of compliments.
Old 9/12/05, 07:06 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 1st Stang@September 11, 2005, 8:19 PM
My vehicle appears to be identical to Scott's and I love the RED Everything except the floormats that is. They're a little much IMO. Probably will replace with something charcoal at some point.
I have diamond plate floor mats that I use for shows. They really set off the interior against the black carpet.
Old 9/12/05, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've only had the car for about 3 weeks, so I'm biased. However, only one person I know hasn't liked the red. I like it very much.