2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Question on the saftey package...

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/08, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on the saftey package...

Hello all, my wife and I have just bought a 07 v6 convertible, an upgrade from the 06 v6 coupe she had. We love the car and i feel its an upgrade even though both cars are the deluxe packages. My question is her old coupe and the new convertible both didnt have ABS/TC saftey packages. Now i was really looking for a convertible that had abs/tc but ended up getting one without it. I am a tech so I know some work is involved, but is it even possible to install the abs and traction control now. Im assuming it needs a pump, brake control module, and brake lines. some module reprogramming, and TC switch also, but is all the wiring there? has anyone done this before... should i try it as long as its not crazy money. Last two winters she has been very cautious in the car and i had studded snow tires on it aswell, but i just wanted her to be safe. If anyone has any input feel free to reply. Thanks for your time,
Chad W.
Alliance Ohio

p.s. its so funny most peolpe want rid of the abs and all its trouble, i would like to have it for the traction control, lol.
Old 7/1/08, 09:27 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Very cost prohibitive, plus almost impossible to round up all the parts you'd need (unless you go to a wrecking yard). You'd be much better off (dollarwise & timewise) trading in the 07 for another Mustang that already has the ABS & TC.
Old 7/2/08, 09:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed