Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes Violator vs Flowmaster American Thunder

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/13, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pypes Violator vs Flowmaster American Thunder

I'm leaning towards the Pypes Violators for a couple reasons, they're cheaper and I've already had Flowmasters on a Mustang before. I did like the sound but I want to try something else. Going by the sound clips, I really seem to like the Pypes Violators but I wanted to get some more opinions on them. Who here has them and what do you think? Also, how do they sound in comparison to the American Thunder?
Old 6/27/13, 09:09 PM

I installed the Pypes Violators last year on my 06 GT and I absolutely love them. Nice deep tone, loud enough when you get on it, but not too loud where the neighbors will get mad.
Old 6/27/13, 11:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by johnnymustang
I installed the Pypes Violators last year on my 06 GT and I absolutely love them. Nice deep tone, loud enough when you get on it, but not too loud where the neighbors will get mad.
That seems to be my impression of them as well. Good to hear. Did you get the fully polished ones or the cheaper ones?
Old 6/29/13, 08:39 PM

I purchased them from AM. Great product at a great price. Here is the link to what I have and a pic of my Mustang.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-...-violator.html
Attached Thumbnails Pypes Violator vs Flowmaster American Thunder-dsc06861.jpg  
Old 6/30/13, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice man. Is there any drone at highway cruising speeds? It's so hard to know what exhaust to go with because there are so many reviews that say totally opposite things for every exhaust out there. Some people think one exhaust is too loud or drones too much. Another person thinks the same exhaust is as quiet as stock or doesn't drone at all.
Old 7/2/13, 09:19 PM

When they are new there is a noticeable drone, but after 3 or 400 miles it gets much better. Actually, the more miles you put on them, the better they sound. And I LOVE the sound!! Some will say they are too this or not enough that, Pypes Violators are perfect for me.