2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Price increase for 2007 Mustangs!!! Price level 730!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/07, 05:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Price increase for 2007 Mustangs!!! Price level 730!!

With business a little busy between Christmas and New Years, I didn't get a chance to go into the ordeing guide section of the dealer site. Well I went on there today, to post the updated guide, and I saw that Ford raised the price level of the Mustangs. Below is the short version of what has changed: Just to let all know, it isn't really major, but I wanted everyone to know. Prices took effect on December 26th.

Base price increases of $70 for the following trim levels:
V6 Premium Coupe & Vert (deluxe stays the same)
GT Deluxe & Premium;Coupe & Vert

The only options to get a raise in price are the 18" wheel upgrade. The new price is $925, from $825. This is the only option that was raised in price. And to let you all know, the invoice price was also raised on these options, and trim levels as well. Again, it isn't a major increase, but its an increase non the less, and I wanted everyone who may be thinking of ordering one, to know about it before hand. Hope this helps some people out.
Old 1/3/07, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like you said, this is not going to make or break anyone but thanks for the info. Hopefully I will get mine ordered soon, it would be my luck they would jump the price a grand just in time for me
Old 1/3/07, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah $70 is not that bad.. and the 64W's are still worth it anyway! (IMO)
Old 1/3/07, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Jeff,
We ordered our new Mustang a couple of months ago. We were told it should have been built on Dec. 19th and should arrive soon. Should we have the old price locked in or will the new price increase effect us? Thanks!
~ Ed
Old 1/3/07, 12:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Mustang_Ed
Jeff,
We ordered our new Mustang a couple of months ago. We were told it should have been built on Dec. 19th and should arrive soon. Should we have the old price locked in or will the new price increase effect us? Thanks!
~ Ed
Hey Ed, your car will come in with the new price already added into it, but your not responsible for it. Its what is called "Price Protection". All your dealer has to do, is keep the original bill of lating, and a copy of the original DORA, and file for it. The only way you cannot get this protection is if you don't pick the car up in a timely manner (like not picking it up for a few weeks). I had several cars come in and I have never charged the increase, as you aren't responsible for it. You ordered it at one price level, and while you were waiting for it to arrive, the level increased. Just chat with your dealer, and ask them about price protection. They should gladly do it for you. Hope this helps.
Old 1/3/07, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

on the subject of ordering....my local ford dealer quoted a time of 1/17/07 as the *very* latest i can put one in. anyone else checked in to this?
Old 1/3/07, 01:48 PM
V6 Member

Mother of pearl I don't want to pay a penny more if Ford can't get all those little problems resolved. They keep jacking up the price and offering new options and trims without fixing anything.

Great car, terrible company.
Old 1/3/07, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JunTech
Mother of pearl I don't want to pay a penny more if Ford can't get all those little problems resolved. They keep jacking up the price and offering new options and trims without fixing anything.

What little problems? Are you talking about the TSB's or other minor complaints? What other car in the Mustang's price range has no TSBs or minor complaints?
Old 1/3/07, 04:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just to give you a little insight about prices going up. They go up because suppliers prices increase. Do you expect Ford to just eat the price increase. I surely don't. And its only a $70 increase. That is nothing on a car that costs from $20K to $37K. And like the fellow above said, what other car can you get for this price, and not have some isses. Its a car, with hundreds of moving parts. Nothing is foolproof. I'd like to know what you are referring to, in regards to fixing? Please shed some light for the rest of us.
Old 1/3/07, 04:32 PM
GT Member

Well, since I was planning on getting the polished 18's I guess I'll be paying another 170 smackers for my stang. On the bright side, I see the rebates have been carried over until April. Hey Jeff.....can't you see me waving at you from outside the dealership?
Old 1/3/07, 05:01 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Is the $500 cash back to X-plan owners carried over?
Old 1/3/07, 05:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Skip, hows it going. Yeah, the price went up but it isn't too bad though. All manufacturers do this throughout the year.
Old 1/4/07, 06:29 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Just to give you a little insight about prices going up. They go up because suppliers prices increase. Do you expect Ford to just eat the price increase. I surely don't. And its only a $70 increase. That is nothing on a car that costs from $20K to $37K. And like the fellow above said, what other car can you get for this price, and not have some isses. Its a car, with hundreds of moving parts. Nothing is foolproof. I'd like to know what you are referring to, in regards to fixing? Please shed some light for the rest of us.
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2076816/tm.htm

I know this may sound unorthodox, but japanese manufacturers can make cheap little econoboxes reliable and problem free...Ford should be able to keep up with its signature car.

IMHO domestic owners have carried the "It's a ford (or chevy/dodge) so it will never be perfect" mentality too long. Who says you can't have a Mustang completely problem free? I'm talking about buying one and only taking it to the dealerships for oil changes for the first 5 years. I think if all the mustang enthusiasts demand for higher build quality from here on out Ford will listen and begin to bring you a fast sexy AND foolproof car. BUt instead old school enthusiasts keep asking for bigger engines, more options and a more dynamic color pallet.

BTW, if any of you have the leak please PM Bascho at MF your Vin number. He is a Ford rep who is compiling data to sort out this reoccurring problem on the stangs.
Old 1/4/07, 07:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

BTW, if any of you have the leak please PM Bascho at MF your Vin number. He is a Ford rep who is compiling data to sort out this reoccurring problem on the stangs.

I'm glad SOMEONE at Ford is looking into this. We have had very little rain since I got my '06 so I haven't had a problem, but this concerns me. I often have to go into work late at night (passing through a rough neighborhood on the way) and I don't want the car dying on me because of a water leak!
Old 1/4/07, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I know this may sound unorthodox, but japanese manufacturers can make cheap little econoboxes reliable and problem free...Ford should be able to keep up with its signature car.

IMHO domestic owners have carried the "It's a ford (or chevy/dodge) so it will never be perfect" mentality too long. Who says you can't have a Mustang completely problem free? I'm talking about buying one and only taking it to the dealerships for oil changes for the first 5 years. I think if all the mustang enthusiasts demand for higher build quality from here on out Ford will listen and begin to bring you a fast sexy AND foolproof car. BUt instead old school enthusiasts keep asking for bigger engines, more options and a more dynamic color pallet.

wow. youre definitely just another one of those brain washed individuals who believes that Japanese cars don't have little quirks when bought new. I've owned several Japanese new, including 2 Honda Accords, and both have had quirks as well - more significant than my Mustang's too. a gasket to buy at home depot hmm.. $1.50.. quit your b*tchin.. but your not the 1st to be brainwashed. ok, now lets not hijack this thread. this mustang is a quality car and i am definite that i won't have major problems with it during its lifetime, since i take care of it. stop w/ this American cars are crap mentality and get off of it.

now anyway, hell $70 of an increase isn't even keeping up with the price of inflation.. whats inflation at year to year nowadays anyway? cuz $70 on a $27,000 cost is only like .25%.. hell i make more than that in my crappy @ss interest checking acct..
Old 1/4/07, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense, but I would like you to show me any car that has no reported problems at any price range. It's a machine, they break/have problems. Most of the problems on the 05+ are minor stuff, and serious problems are usually isolated. Keep in mind the tech/problem area of a website is going to be full of people having problems, but does not show all the others who are happily driving.

Also if you want to go on the assumption that Japanese cars don't have problems then I guess I am an anomaly
My fathers 01 Avalon had one of the CAM's blow twice, plus the fuel sensor had to be replaced 3 times. My mothers Toyota Land Cruiser had body pannels fall off it every other month. All of these cars had/have no more then 36K on the ODO. My firends Father's Camry had the tranny fall out of the car after 4 months. So you may want to rethink your claim to Japanese realiability. I also think the assumption that people have about Japanese cars being more affordable is stupid so I direct you to a quote from Jsaylor below.

Originally Posted by jsaylor
For that matter the B segment cars showing up on our shores are hardly dropping any jaws from a price perspective anyway. Take a look at the major Japanese offerings and you'll find that the Yaris is the cheapest by far asking ~11k in 3 door hatch trim and ~12k in 4 door sedan guise. Those prices don't seem too bad, until you realize creating a list of what the car comes with in base trim would take far less time than accounting for content it does not contain.

Standard yaris features don't include ABS, a radio, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, a rear window defroster, but do include such goodies as rear drum brakes, 14 inch steel wheels, beam rear axle, 1.5L 4cylinder, ancient 5-spd manual......you get the idea. Some of this would be excusable as everything is a compromise, and the beam rear axle and lack of standard ABS exists even on the V-6 Mustang, but find something here to make that 12k price tag seem even remotely like a deal and I'll relent. There is nothing here, which makes 12k suddenly seem like a lot more dough.
Sorry to hijack your post Jeff
Old 1/4/07, 09:01 AM
V6 Member

I hear what you guys are saying. And i'm not trying to start a flame war. But it has been my personal experience that japanese cars are a bit more consistant with quality control.

Case in point: I've heard guys on MF boards who have had 4-5 Fords in the family that have never had problems...and then there are guys on the other end of the spectrum who consistantly ***** about little things here and there. This leads me to believe American auto makers are merely 'inconsistant' with quality control.

I'm not saying japanese cars have no problems, but from personal experience ive never had ANY issues with the ones ive owned. My first honda civic in 2000 was never in the shop for anything. Never had any minor problems, no wierd squeaks or rattles, no fuel issues, no leaks. Til the day it was stolen in 2006 all i had ever done was change the oil and put mods on. I'm convinced Japanese cars have issues too, but in general and cumulatively the consistancy of thier quality is better. This is of course cross referenced with all the american cars in my family. Each has had numerous problems from beginning to end. I have a really good caucasian friend who's entire family will not go near a domestic car.

Now, i'm not ******* on the Mustang at all. In fact i love it and want one sooooo badly. I chose to invest in a $28K car over something like an STi because i love the way it sounds and how regal it looks. But this is going to be my daily driver. I just pray that when i do plunk down the money everyone here is right about Ford's quality. I really do.
Old 1/4/07, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

My first honda civic in 2000 was never in the shop for anything. Never had any minor problems, no wierd squeaks or rattles, no fuel issues, no leaks.

Now, i'm not ******* on the Mustang at all. In fact i love it and want one sooooo badly. I chose to invest in a $28K car over something like an STi because i love the way it sounds and how regal it looks. But this is going to be my daily driver. I just pray that when i do plunk down the money everyone here is right about Ford's quality. I really do.
you should be glad you didnt try the '02 Civic I have b/c the one I'm dealing with has just about all of that. LOL.. (another example of my personal experience: my '00 Focus hatchback had less problems than my '98 Accord, or '02 Accord, or '02 Civic.)

anyway, i think this is really a very subjective issue and its much like sterotyping a person. you're basically stereotyping a race when you say ford's cars are crap quality and they are a crappy company. much like how you CAN judge a single person, you CAN'T judge an entire race. i really truely believe that my '07 GT if will taken care of by me, will have no large issues and i wish the same luck and build quality upon you so you can spread the word that this American vs. Japanese thing isn't as large a gap in quality as middle-America is proclaiming. and i'd still happily try out a new Ford Fusion, or what I really want an F-150.

anyway best of luck.
Old 1/4/07, 01:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 07ShelbyWanter
you should be glad you didnt try the '02 Civic I have b/c the one I'm dealing with has just about all of that. LOL.. (another example of my personal experience: my '00 Focus hatchback had less problems than my '98 Accord, or '02 Accord, or '02 Civic.)

anyway best of luck.
Thanks man, i actually have a friend here where i work who has a very reliable, problem free Focus hatchback. Crossing fingers when i take the plunge.
Old 1/4/07, 02:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang

Sorry to hijack your post Jeff
No worried Tom.

Quick Reply: Price increase for 2007 Mustangs!!! Price level 730!!