2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Police Just Added a GT to their arsenal here in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/06, 08:42 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Police Just Added a GT to their arsenal here in Atlanta

More specifically...I think it was a Doraville officer....yesterday on my way home I spotted a black GT (no...I don't have pics...I was trying not to rubber-neck) on 285....coincedentally...right next to the Ford Doraville assembly plant (or at least it was an open plant...I think they just shut it down).

Anyway....very intimidating...which I guess is the point.
Old 6/22/06, 08:54 AM

Yeah, they have some sharp iron at that agency. Those GT's are sharp. They also have a Magnum. The plant there is the GM minivan plant, will close in 2008.
Old 6/22/06, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

There are two more GTs around the Atlanta area too, but I cant remember where from. I just remember seeing two different ones coming around on 285-N before on my way home.
Old 6/22/06, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I couldn't resist...
Old 6/22/06, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen the Mustang and Charger in Doraville (as I live there), and they both are fairly slick. All black with dark gray lettering. The 'Stang has a small strip on the roof where as the Charger has no exterior lights.
Old 6/22/06, 03:17 PM
GT Member

Exclamation I've seen them twice

I've seen them. Twice. 0nly @ night (which makes getting pictures darn near impossible). The first time it was crusing in front of me. I had to do a double take because HEY! Thats a new 05 Mustang with a Police Lightbar on the roof!!!! I was a little freaked! That was about a month ago. The second time was just last evening when I noticed he had a 'customer' pulled over to the side of the road. They appeared to have kept the headlights & the grill foglights factory stock. Roof has blue flashbar. I think they may have put blue flashers into the rear lights as well as the front amber/orange turn signals but I was not too sure. I did not want to rubberneck too long.

Eric.
Old 6/22/06, 03:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by keeper
More specifically...I.coincedentally...right next to the (correction: GM) Doraville assembly plant .....

This North/Northeast portion of I-285 is exactly where I had my two sightings. BTW: I had to correct your post a bit. The Doraville plant on North/Northeast I-285 is GM, not Ford. Ford's plant is in Hapeville in South Atlanta. Both Ford and GM are shuttering these plants between 2008 -- 2010.
Old 6/23/06, 09:29 AM
GT Member

No worries...

That correction...no biggie...I am usually driving so fast through there I hardly notice who's logo is on the plant.

I have to drive from Acworth to Suwanee every day...by the time I get to that point I am so frustrated with trying to get around all the @##%&$# who are in the left lane when they should not be that I am about to stroke out.

So currently I drive the beater 94 Mazda 626 that I bought off my brother in law to get me by until the Stang gets here. I had a '94 Z28 (yes, I know...the dark side) and at 200k blew something internal...with my eye on the new Stang I decided to just sell it. My brother in law had just bought a GTO and wanted to get rid of the Mazda cheap.

I appreciate it...but man..that car is nooooot me.

Of course, it is like invisible to the cops..my wife told me that if I start getting tickets in the Stang that she would be the one to get a new covertible!!

So...I am going to have to slow it down or I will have that Doraville GT pulling me over.