2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Placed Order & Bad News?

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/05, 04:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well first the good news... I placed my order for an 05 V6 Mustang on Friday and got...

2005 Mustang Premium V6
Mineral Gray
IUP
Leather Seats
Anti-Lock Breaks w/Traction Control
Active Anti-Theft
Side-Mounted Air Bags
Wheel Locks
Shaker 500
Price: $22,412 (about $40 under invoice)

I was told that the V6 would take around 10 to 15 weeks to be built and delivered. However, talking with the Fleet Manager apparently out here in the northwest they are being told that only 25% of the remaining GT orders would be built. If you want an 05 GT and haven't ordered you should get the 05 Vert or go for an 06.

Take it for what you will but I know the person I talked to wouldn't jerk me around.
Old 3/5/05, 04:51 PM
GT Member

Did he give any reason why he thought that? Unless it is a matter of production capacity, I seriously doubt Ford will limit the number of cars they build.
Old 3/5/05, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Going_Gray@March 5, 2005, 5:54 PM
Did he give any reason why he thought that? Unless it is a matter of production capacity, I seriously doubt Ford will limit the number of cars they build.
I believe it was the district manager that said it.
Old 3/5/05, 05:17 PM
GT Member

Considering some of the strange things I've heard from various dealers when discussing Mustang availability I wouldn't be surprised that some manager or another said something like that. Ford is selling these cars way beyond their initial expectations.

Based on this thread at Blue Oval News http://warnerrobert.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php...ic;f=6;t=001984
it looks like they will crank out around 150k Mustangs total for the 2005 model year. Assuming they have only done about 60k through the end of March, I'd say they plan on make a quite a few more GT's before the 2006's start rolling down the line.
Old 3/5/05, 06:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah, i was told the same thing by my friend who works for a dealer near me. he said thay with the vert coming out ford is way behind on gt coupe. and that alot of them wont be built for 05. i doubt he would lie to me. and thats what his GM told him.
Old 3/5/05, 06:26 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I kind of mentioned this before in another post that they arent building the gts as planned. THey are focusing in on the V6 and Verts. So your story is what I was told by My own dealer I ordered from ,and he advised me to go find one if I could after I had waited for 2 months, and he would refund the my money if I managed to find one. So I gave up on my order and bought my GT as it rolled off the delivery truck in Olympia Washington
Old 3/5/05, 07:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on your order!

I ordered my V6, and two weeks later had a build date!

But maybe the rumors are based on a allocation thing? In other words, maybe the number of GT's that a Dealer gets for 2005 are limited, then it might be hard to order a GT late in the 2005 model year from some Dealers who didn't have a large allocation of GT's to begin with?

Now, that wouldn't mean that Ford was Limiting the total number of GT's just the number that certain Dealerships get. So, it might seem like that they were limited in certain Dealerships, regions, when in fact they aren't Nationwide.

OK, does that make sence? :scratch:

Anyways, just a thought......
Old 3/5/05, 07:32 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally posted by Going_Gray@March 5, 2005, 6:54 PM
Did he give any reason why...
Back in the 70s during the gas crunch, the long gas lines disappeared as soon as prices rose. Manufacturers of other products such as coffee and sugar plotted and coordinated shortages, unsuccessfully, because customers found other alternatives. No doubt the GT is hot and it is to the dealers' best interests to maintain a chaotic predicament for those who want one. They know better than provide an optimistic outlook. They would be shooting themselves in the foot (feet).
Old 3/5/05, 09:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ford is way oversold on the Mustang. Talked to a high up in the KC region and even he said that there are orders that will not get built. The sad thing is that people still have roughly 4 months in which to order a car they have little or no chance at getting. If you want an 05, you had better order one from the largest dealer you can find, find one on the lot, or move to Texas.
Old 3/5/05, 10:01 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT+March 5, 2005, 9:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ March 5, 2005, 9:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Going_Gray@March 5, 2005, 6:54 PM
Did he give any reason why...
Back in the 70s during the gas crunch, the long gas lines disappeared as soon as prices rose. Manufacturers of other products such as coffee and sugar plotted and coordinated shortages, unsuccessfully, because customers found other alternatives. No doubt the GT is hot and it is to the dealers' best interests to maintain a chaotic predicament for those who want one. They know better than provide an optimistic outlook. They would be shooting themselves in the foot (feet).
[/b][/quote]
Yah, exactly what i was thinking
Old 3/5/05, 11:48 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Going_Gray@March 5, 2005, 6:54 PM

yea ford these arent ferrari's. i called up a ford dealer last night and asked about a GT for a test drive. they said "ahh i donno come down and maybe we'll give u one" i said sir excuse me not to be an a-hole but i can walk into a porsche dealer and get a test drive of one with no problem. i said theres no reason why i shouldnt be allowed its not a ferrari. and i wont buy a car i cant test. he said come down and we'll give u one. i insited that if i come down and dont get a test drive in make a stink in the showroom in front of all the customers
Old 3/5/05, 11:53 PM
FR500 Member

this has really got me worried. i ordered in january and now theres a chance i wont get my car??
Old 3/6/05, 12:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 6, 2005, 12:56 AM
this has really got me worried. i ordered in january and now theres a chance i wont get my car??
Well I wouldn't freak out too much... A lot of these are rumors and the problem here in the Northwest could be as others say an allocation thing. But I can't imagine that Ford can build all the 05 orders they've recieved before they re-tool for the 06 year.

It sounds like you still have another month or two to order an 05 V6 or the 05 Vert (GT or V6) before the door closes. But it seems to me most the folks here that have ordered in Janurary got a build date no so long after that.
Old 3/6/05, 12:36 AM
FR500 Member

im not ordering anything else.............soo u think that ill probably get a build date soon.....i donno if im safe or not......this really really has me worried. what do u guys think????
Old 3/6/05, 12:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Best you can do is rag on your dealership about the status (and or call the evil robot lady). Some people on here have stated they were shown how many orders were in front of them. But the dealership should be able to tell you how confident they are in whether or not you'll get the car.

If they don't seem too convincing you can always re-order for 06. Besides waiting until September you'll have less recalls to deal with
Old 3/6/05, 12:48 AM
FR500 Member

the dealership told me one time when i called and asked. i call that evil lady everynight knowing the status but i still have hope. anyway they said "actually greg ur the next in line to be pulled". i called up numerous time asking and complaining about alottment and they said.....ull get ur car its a matter of ford building it. they r confident i will get my car im just afraid ford will cut off orders and not build mine even tho i ordered n january
Old 3/6/05, 06:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Stadifer+March 6, 2005, 2:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stadifer @ March 6, 2005, 2:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RaGsHoCkEy88@March 6, 2005, 12:56 AM
Well I wouldn't freak out too much... A lot of these are rumors and the problem here in the Northwest could be as others say an allocation thing. But I can't imagine that Ford can build all the 05 orders they've recieved before they re-tool for the 06 year.

It sounds like you still have another month or two to order an 05 V6 or the 05 Vert (GT or V6) before the door closes. But it seems to me most the folks here that have ordered in Janurary got a build date no so long after that.
[/b][/quote]
Why would they have to retool for '06? The car isn't changing aside from a couple of colors and 18 in wheels.
Old 3/6/05, 12:04 PM
FR500 Member

the thing im worried about tho is am i gonna get my car?? ive been soo excited and this rumor/news spoiled my sleep
Old 3/6/05, 12:29 PM

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 6, 2005, 1:07 PM
the thing im worried about tho is am i gonna get my car?? ive been soo excited and this rumor/news spoiled my sleep
Hey Greg, Lets not worry yet, I ordered on 1/12/05 and Live in MA. We should see our cars sooner or later. Hopefully!
Old 3/6/05, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 6, 2005, 2:07 PM
We ordered about the same thing. I'm just a few days ahead of you, and i know what
your going through. There's nobody that can answer that for you. I think we got a good shot at it though. I use to think it was ford's fault but now don't, it's a hot car and much sought after. Dealers should be up front with people who order, they do know if their going to be able to get that car for you.

Quick Reply: Placed Order & Bad News?