Search this Thread

Old 1/20/05, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Old 1/20/05, 08:49 AM
Banned

Hello? am I the only one who noticed the hottie 80 year old in the car?

That is pretty cool. Cant wait to see them on the road.
________
real estate in Pattaya

Last edited by PonyGirl; 9/10/11 at 08:58 PM.
Old 1/20/05, 08:52 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I wonder how long it takes.
Old 1/20/05, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

Excuse me if this has been discussed but is it latch-less or one latch or two? I’ve always loved that on a convertibles that can open from the keyfob. But I've never seen that on a car under 35 grand.
Old 1/20/05, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I swear it folds the same way as my 93. Have they not had any sort of technological advances in 12 years?
Old 1/20/05, 08:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Two latches, like in the previous one. The wicked folding has to do with the topside of the front part getting on top of the stack when folded, like on a Toyota MR2. Looks a lot better than looking into the roofliner.

Btw the old lady is the Dutch journalist that wrote this article about it. Have fun trying to read that
Old 1/20/05, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

ooh I have a bunch of dutch guys I talk to on IRC. I'll see if I can get one to translate it
Old 1/20/05, 08:57 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Stangfriik@January 20, 2005, 9:56 AM
I swear it folds the same way as my 93. Have they not had any sort of technological advances in 12 years?
I thought it was new for the mustang Z fold or something

I think that stang looks sweet though

I think it is the first spoiler delete vert I have seen... not to bad
Old 1/20/05, 09:03 AM

Shouldn't there be another pic at the end of the top all the way down? Hasn't she seen Tommy Boy?
Old 1/20/05, 09:05 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by TheMustangSource@January 20, 2005, 9:55 AM
I wonder how long it takes.
That depends on how fast you are driving when you decide to open the top
Old 1/20/05, 09:06 AM

This pic is HOT, minus the old chick:
Old 1/20/05, 09:06 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by PonyGirl@January 20, 2005, 10:52 AM
Hello? am I the only one who noticed the hottie 80 year old in the car?

That is pretty cool. Cant wait to see them on the road.
NO!
Shes hot..................
Or is that a grandpa in there?

NOT!

Two latches? Same as 99-04? Will be getting one of these next year, curious. Car salesman once slammed my fingers in it as I was closing one up- I learned new words.
Old 1/20/05, 09:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey look! No spoiler!
Old 1/20/05, 09:08 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the 'vet looks phenomenal without a spoiler
Old 1/20/05, 09:10 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Galaxie@January 20, 2005, 11:11 AM
I think the 'vet looks phenomenal without a spoiler
As well.......
The spoiler on a vert chops it up.
Old 1/20/05, 09:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 123 Likes on 90 Posts
Here's the translation of the article, courtesy of Alta Vista Babelfish.

I love computer translations!

Still by the world première on the DRAWER car show, we have already driven with the ford sparrow grip Convertible. A particular event, helemáál as a t unexpected are and the revealing still must take place.

' It never rains in California ' can be a promising song, but rain is possible it there real, however. And how! The days before we will drive Convertible with the brand-new sparrow grip, the water with barges comes from the sky. Also on the day of the event himself does not see best. That morning a part of the Pacific Coast Highway has been concluded. The question is if we can drive, however. Still but not to speak concerning open drive. The moment we crawl in Malibu behind the wheel of the ' drop top ' sparrow grip, a beetje starts it dry and we speed ourselves the mounts in where the ways have not overflowed. With the cap down..
The new sparrow grip coupé is on gone to success. Customers has been even prepared more than the nieuwprijs pay to be able crawl as soon as possible behind the wheel. Not this way crazy therefore that the factory goes for a ride on full twists. If the sparrow grip cabrio comes coming spring on the market, there still tandje must be added.

Choice from two
At the convertible is, just like at the coupé, choice from two alternatives, V6 and the GT. The first has equipped with the 202 pk strong 4-liter V6, whereas the GT have 4,6-liter V8 with 300 pk under the cap, which is combined both in the dense and open version standard with hand-changed gear Tremec 5-bak (vijftraps automat are as an option deliverable). According to ford the sparrow grip GT Convertible can take off the sprint of 0-100 km/h in such a 5.6 s.
The Convertible have a interieur with retrotrekjes, such as the wheel with three spaken, which call memories to the original sparrow grip. That also applies to the dubbelgewelfde dashboard with the so-called ' eyebrows ' on top of. Nicely the reduction of the instrument panel and dashboard reduction, instelbare in 125 colours, is. In fact ford would have had anticipate on the recent development your car increasingly further at ' customizen ' and get in - and also on colour instelbaar sky reduction to make. The goedgewelfde sport Len hear of course at home in such a sport-loving car and with real aluminium details the cockpit sees licked. Jammer that ford none better, less gladde plastic has been possible find for hard plastic with which the middenconsole on sides have been held and that around the windshield sits. t does not watch out at itself the well looking forward to interieur.

In gallop

Driving concerning the tortuous mount ways happens with ' fixed step '. Our sparrow grip gallops as a t truth concerning the wet, sandy asphalt. Arrive you suddenly in a puddle pool water then does he sometimes a small step aside, but he can be brought just as rapidly in the gareel. Control is rapidly and exact, the link ways of the five barge are directly nicely short and. Abs-remsysteem react rapidly and firmly.
After tijdje is notable it that you can voice far levy with your passenger talk without and that you haren not of your head to blow. The sparrow grip engineers have delivered a very well piece of work. There is noticeably no gerammel, geratel or movement of coachwork. The torsiestijfheid of the new Convertible are thus two times as large as of the previous version.
What we of the coupé already found, also go up for the GT Convertible: V8-geluid speaks volumes and t is simply terrible. With the cap down you can enjoy of it extra. With 300 pk and rear-wheel drive we have been not in the least punished and if you the standard tractie eliminates control, you can nicely ' game '.
If the wolkendek draws above our head near, must the cap with busy on the bud rapidly omhoog. The dubbellaags gentle cap do its work without having something up. Moreover we remain dry there and are little wind - and file sound. Glazen (verwarmbare) the rear window is relatively large for a gentle cap therefore the visibility to the back absolute is not obstructed.
With standard ABS and tractie control and airbags voorin, but more important still with excellent rijkwaliteiten and nicely much capacity stands the Convertible good. According to American colleagues the prices for the two topless versions of $ are 24,495 for V6 and $ 29,995 for the GT' a heck or a deal'. With that the new ford sparrow grip Cabrio goes zonnige a future.
Old 1/20/05, 10:10 AM
V6 Member

What a crack-up!
Old 1/20/05, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

yea I tried babelfish but it comes out with sentences that don't make sense
Old 1/20/05, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TheMustangSource@January 20, 2005, 10:06 AM
Shouldn't there be another pic at the end of the top all the way down? Hasn't she seen Tommy Boy?
"Fat man in a little suit!"

I also like that she's only taller then the seat because of her hair. I find it funny when I'm behind an old person and it looks like the car is driving it self.
Old 1/20/05, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

My opinion is that the the Mustang with the top down looks too thick. The car has a very high beltline, and without anything above the window line to balance it, it just looks bottom heavy.

Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Pix of Vert roof opening