2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics Wanted!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/08, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics Wanted!!

Looks like I'll be order an '09 GT fairly soon here. I was debating between GT or GT/CS, but I've decided against the GT/CS. What I'm looking to get is a GT Premium Vert with the Premier Trim, 3.55 Axle, GT Appearance, Comfort Group, Security Package, Boot Cover, Shaker 500, 18" Chrome Bullitts, and some other accessories.

What I'm really debating on is color combinations. Exterior wise I am debating on either Black or Vista Blue. I already have a Vista Blue, I love the color, but i already know the hassle it is to keep clean. I can only imagine how much worse it is to keep black clean. Interior wise, I loved the interior of the GT/CS, except for the fact that there was no Premier Trim option and that all the trim was the light color, not black. If I go for Vista Blue, I'd go with straight black interior. If I go with Black exterior, I'm debating between the black interior or the black/red interior.

So if you've come here to quickly glance at my post, these are the pics that I'm looking for:
Vista Blue Vert w/ Black Premier Trim Interior
Black Vert w/ Black Premier Trim Interior
Black Vert w/ Black/Red Premier Trim Interior

I'm looking for stock/near stock photos as I won't do any mods to it for a little bit of time.

Also, anybody get the Sync in any of their 08 Job 2 or 09 Mustangs? Does it work well? Is it worth it?

Thanks all!
Old 9/6/08, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

if you check out the threads dedicated to specific colors and models you will see all of them
Old 9/6/08, 10:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would do the Vista Blue!

Black is a ***** to keep clean and all imperfections show... I never want a black car again...

I always found blue easy enough to take care of...
Old 9/6/08, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by polodinks
if you check out the threads dedicated to specific colors and models you will see all of them
I was looking for the possibility of an all-inclusive post with all the pictures. Besides, searching through there I found multitudes of modded stangs or color combinations that I don't want. I just want to see if there are pictures of these exact combinations because you can't always tell if you'll like the look from individual pictures of the different parts (i.e. you see a pic of a vista blue stang with chamois interior but then see a picture of a black interior on a torch red stang, it just doesn't do it for looking at the combinations).

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I would do the Vista Blue!

Black is a ***** to keep clean and all imperfections show... I never want a black car again...

I always found blue easy enough to take care of...
Thats what I've been hearing a lot from people. But the Black Stang just looks slick. However, I already have the Vista Blue and I get a lot of compliments on it. I just can't make a decision if my life depended on it.
Old 9/6/08, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Black or Blue

Obviously just personal preference, but I have 2 black Mustangs and thought about getting a different color for my second one, but when the black is clean, nothing beats it. My first one is over 10 years old now and still looks great....and it's spent a couple years in Michigan snow and Arizona sun....just get a really good wax on it, use the California dust brush for light dustings and wash it once every week or two. Of course, I actually enjoy washing my Mustangs, so maybe that is part of the reason I won't stray from black. My two cents.
Old 9/6/08, 11:35 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep, you can't beat black. But it's such a pain to keep clean. Glad mine's only used at weekends!

My next favourite colour is Vapor silver. Sorry, that doesn't help!
Old 9/6/08, 11:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts
Yeah dark colors in general look amazing when clean. All the gloss stands right out, but when its dirty you can see everything. Plus if you get a nick, scratch, or ding its going to be more noticeable. But its also easier to cover up with touchup paint. If you were looking for a color that didn't show dirt or flaws very well, something medium would be better. I've had white and black cars, both were *****es to keep clean especially the white one. If white isn't clean it just looks dingy.

Metallic paints in general hide dirt better than regular paints. I've got Tungsten now that hides dirt and dust pretty well, but it is kind of a boring color unless the lighting is good. Redfire (or is it Candy Apple Red or something like that now?), Vista (too bad you already have it), Vapor (would hide the dirt really well), Satin Silver (kinda plain since so many cars are the same frosted aluminum type color now) I think would all be good choices. Alloy would be a good choice too. Its dark (almost black), metallic, and pretty slick looking too. Put some vapor stripes on Alloy and that'd look pretty sweet.
Old 9/6/08, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cavero, great summary and I think you bring up a good point, it seems the better the color looks when it is clean, the harder it seems to keep it clean.
Old 9/6/08, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

probably doesn't help but my cousin bought a new bmw 135i its black and within literally a couple hours its filthy lol...... i just washed and waxed my vapor about 2 days ago and still looks like i just washed it...... my dad had a corvette z06 that was silver and it never looked dirty.... not to mention rock chips an scratches never showed on it liek a black car would..... but dark colors like the bullitt green and black look sexy
Old 9/6/08, 12:32 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Personally, I'd go for Vapor. Oh, and I'd also wait for a 2010 model.
Old 9/7/08, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by UMich97
Obviously just personal preference, but I have 2 black Mustangs and thought about getting a different color for my second one, but when the black is clean, nothing beats it. My first one is over 10 years old now and still looks great....and it's spent a couple years in Michigan snow and Arizona sun....just get a really good wax on it, use the California dust brush for light dustings and wash it once every week or two. Of course, I actually enjoy washing my Mustangs, so maybe that is part of the reason I won't stray from black. My two cents.
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Yep, you can't beat black. But it's such a pain to keep clean. Glad mine's only used at weekends!

My next favourite colour is Vapor silver. Sorry, that doesn't help!
I personally live in Southeast Michigan, so I know all about the crazy weather in Michigan during some winters. I love the slick black color, but I'm not sure if I could be able to keep it clean enough to look good all the time. I'm already having problems keeping the Vista Blue clean all the time.

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Personally, I'd go for Vapor. Oh, and I'd also wait for a 2010 model.
I wish I could wait until 2010, but unfortunately I must part with the '08, so it's either '09 Mustang or '09 something else.

The more I see Black, the more I like it. The more I think about Black, the more I don't like it.
But Cavero mentioned Alloy...I've looked into that color and I think I like it. Great. Another color for me to choose from... can't they just invent color changing paint already?
Old 9/7/08, 12:33 AM
GT Member

Black is beautify when kept clean. My second color choice would defiantly be Grabber Orange.
Old 9/7/08, 06:33 PM
GT Member

I don't have a black stang[candy apple red] but I have a 2003 black explorer and lived in the snowy Maryland mountains for for it's first 4 years until we moved to Florida. It was a pain to keep clean but I would wash it every day when I got home from work when it snowed or rained which was a lot.But it still looks brand new today and it's over 5 years old.So I say go for black if you don't mind the work.
Old 9/7/08, 07:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Vista Blue. The Vista Blue Stangs I've seen on this forum all look good,especially with forged or chrome wheels. I'm very partial to my Grabber Orange GT but that Vista is a really nice blue.
Old 9/7/08, 07:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by airforceixi
I personally live in Southeast Michigan, so I know all about the crazy weather in Michigan during some winters. I love the slick black color, but I'm not sure if I could be able to keep it clean enough to look good all the time. I'm already having problems keeping the Vista Blue clean all the time.

I wish I could wait until 2010, but unfortunately I must part with the '08, so it's either '09 Mustang or '09 something else.

The more I see Black, the more I like it. The more I think about Black, the more I don't like it.
But Cavero mentioned Alloy...I've looked into that color and I think I like it. Great. Another color for me to choose from... can't they just invent color changing paint already?
glad I could help
Old 9/8/08, 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
You can't beat the looks of a black car. If it's clean.
Old 9/8/08, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

ALLOY!!!!!G-5!!!
Old 9/8/08, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a VB with black PTP... but it is a coupe.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=470747

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=459824

Last edited by randy_tho; 9/8/08 at 09:39 PM.
Old 9/9/08, 08:42 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Vista Blue is the best color you can get, IMO. Its a great shade of blue, looks spectacular when clean, and looks a few different shades of blue in different situations
Old 9/9/08, 09:23 AM
GT Member

Here's my VB vert with polished bullets. I did paint stripes on it, and don't have PTP (wasn't available when I ordered).

I LOVE VB. I think black is too hard to keep clean for a daily driver. I've seen alloy, but for my taste, it lacks the POP of VB or black.

Good luck!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Pics Wanted!!