2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

People with the Shaker 1000 system

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/04, 01:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went with the 1000, and was worried that I wouldn't use it, cause I would want to listen to the exhaust too much, but it sounds now like the right decision.

AC/DC, Tschaikovsky, Godsmack... it sounds like it will all sound great, I can't wait.

"Quality hold" AAARGH!
Old 10/27/04, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

So I can just wait for someone to total out their new mustang and salvage the 1000 out of it and put it in my '03 Cobra?
Old 10/27/04, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Lynx4Ben@October 27, 2004, 1:06 PM
The key word here people is "Audiophile". There is suppose to be 9 audiophile speakers with the 1000 watt system. The 500 is not audiophile. Hence, the difference in price! I am a collector of Japanese Audiophile Beatle records, and believe me there is no comparison. it's a little bit of money to fork out, but you will be very satisified in the end.

For those who get the 1000, and have never heard audiophile, hang on , your in for the treat of your life!

You will have it for the life of the car. Whatever group you dig, they will sound like their in the back seat. For me it's a no brainer, factory installed, with warranty, and well worth the money. Rock on Brother!
Your being sold on a word!?! An "Audiophile" is a person who is a lover of music by definition. I am an Audiophile I guess. If you think there is any difference in speaker quality because they put the word audiophile in front of it you are crazy. It is a marketing gimmick. They put Audiophile in the name to help people justify a $1300 upgrade.

I have been in car audio for a long time. Here is my recomendation on the 1000. If you don't know car audio or don't wanna bother upgrading yourself go with the 1000 you will be happy.

However, with a $1300 budget I could build a system that would make the 1000 sound very weak incomparison in both sound quality and SPL (loudness).

Let me say this again. There is no standard as to what Audiophile quality is. It is a marketing gimmick. Whether it be beatles CD's or speakers.
Crazy? I don't think so! You are right on the definition of " Audiophile". Per say! But don't tell that to all the people out there [including me] that collect MFSL Audiophile recordings, and play them on "audiophile" equipment? [TURNTABLES] Yes, I have one! Basically it's an ordinary turntable, thats been upgraded with better components, eg: counterweight, antiskate, etc. , and also calibrated to pick up the slightest of noise.
Same as Speakers. You can get crap, and you can get the top of the line.

Audio........ the transmission, reception, or reproduction of sound ]
Your transmitting sound through speakers my friend
And Yes, there are some who will go aftermarket . $1300.00 upgrade? I can see where the price is justified.

But like someone else said on one of these posts before, for the majority, the 1000 is a nice upgrade.

What kind of problems are people going to get into swapping systems?[someone already commented on wiring a while back]
How will this effect the warranty?
Instead of tearing the car apart, I for one think the 1000 is worth it!
Old 10/27/04, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

The key word here people is "Audiophile". There is suppose to be 9 audiophile speakers with the 1000 watt system. The 500 is not audiophile. Hence, the difference in price! I am a collector of Japanese Audiophile Beatle records, and believe me there is no comparison. it's a little bit of money to fork out, but you will be very satisified in the end.

For those who get the 1000, and have never heard audiophile, hang on , your in for the treat of your life!

You will have it for the life of the car. Whatever group you dig, they will sound like their in the back seat. For me it's a no brainer, factory installed, with warranty, and well worth the money. Rock on Brother!
Your being sold on a word!?! An "Audiophile" is a person who is a lover of music by definition. I am an Audiophile I guess. If you think there is any difference in speaker quality because they put the word audiophile in front of it you are crazy. It is a marketing gimmick. They put Audiophile in the name to help people justify a $1300 upgrade.

I have been in car audio for a long time. Here is my recomendation on the 1000. If you don't know car audio or don't wanna bother upgrading yourself go with the 1000 you will be happy.

However, with a $1300 budget I could build a system that would make the 1000 sound very weak incomparison in both sound quality and SPL (loudness).

Let me say this again. There is no standard as to what Audiophile quality is. It is a marketing gimmick. Whether it be beatles CD's or speakers.
Audiophile is the name of the company that makes the speakers
Old 10/27/04, 03:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I personally don't think the 1000 is worth the extra money. I would rather spend the money on aftermarket equipment. A good aftermarket system will blow away the Shaker 1000 and cost roughly the same if you install it yourself.
Old 10/27/04, 03:53 PM
GT Member

Crazy? I don't think so! You are right on the definition of " Audiophile". Per say! But don't tell that to all the people out there [including me] that collect MFSL Audiophile recordings, and play them on "audiophile" equipment? [TURNTABLES] Yes, I have one! Basically it's an ordinary turntable, thats been upgraded with better components, eg: counterweight, antiskate, etc. , and also calibrated to pick up the slightest of noise.

And Yes, there are some who will go aftermarket . $1300.00 upgrade? I can see where the price is justified.

But like someone else said on one of these posts before, for the majority, the 1000 is a nice upgrade.

What kind of problems are people going to get into swapping systems?[someone already commented on wiring a while back]
I am sorry but you are wrong. Audiophile is a subjective term. Anyone can call a set of speakers Audiophile quality. There is no specs that determine whether a speaker is Audiophile or not. Anyone can spend money on quality parts. Anyone can buy a a 300 horse power car. However, horse power is something you can measure. Audiophile is not it is subjective. What I may think are good speakers, you may not like. What I think is Audiophile, others may not. To buy something because it says Audiophile on the box is like buying a honda that is riced out. Doesn't mean its fast.....

It seems like you have a lot of money to throw around to buy nice equipment. But you have no clue about what you just bought. Anyone who knows anything about audio would laugh at you.

Yes, You can buy a whole lot of equipment for a grand, but it still won't sound like audiophile! Audiophile is top of the line! Period!

And no Audoiophile is not the name of the company that makes them. That is crazy where do you people get your information? Infact if you google Shaker 1000 you can find the company that made the speakers.

Seriously, lets stop the spread of completely wrong information.
Old 10/27/04, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Lynx4Ben@October 27, 2004, 3:56 PM

I am sorry but you are wrong. Audiophile is a subjective term. Anyone can call a set of speakers Audiophile quality. There is no specs that determine whether a speaker is Audiophile or not. Anyone can spend money on quality parts. Anyone can buy a a 300 horse power car. However, horse power is something you can measure. Audiophile is not it is subjective. What I may think are good speakers, you may not like. What I think is Audiophile, others may not. To buy something because it says Audiophile on the box is like buying a honda that is riced out. Doesn't mean its fast.....

It seems like you have a lot of money to throw around to buy nice equipment. But you have no clue about what you just bought. Anyone who knows anything about audio would laugh at you.
And no Audoiophile is not the name of the company that makes them. That is crazy where do you people get your information?
Then why did I go online and just found a place to buy audiophile brand speakers?
Old 10/27/04, 04:11 PM
GT Member

1ss
Old 10/27/04, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I`m not going to sit here and argue with you. Obviously you Know everything.
Old 10/27/04, 04:24 PM
GT Member

Look this forum is about providing information so people can make good choices. You and the other poster are doing a disservice to the other members by posting incorrect information.

I know that Delphi makes the head unit.
Old 10/27/04, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lynx4Ben Speaker Quality? Crazy? Your wrong! There is a difference! Please let me explain.
Went into an audio store a while back. No one was in the store at the time, except this salseman and myself. There were 2 audio systems side by side. One was a JVC, the other a Sony. Same wattage. Asked the salseman why the Sony was priced more than the JVC? He replied " It's a better machine". No way I replied! O yes! he replies! Then I say to him, that not only is the JVC a better machine, but I will prove it to him, if he would allow me. He replied, "Sure, I would like to see this". I walked over, cranked the Sony to 12 o'clock on the dial. Turned the JVC to 12 o'clock on the dial also. You could hear the Sony starting to distort. The JVC never flinched. Then I cranked the Sony up between 3 and 4 o'clock on the dial. Likewise with the JVC. No comparison. The Sony could'nt hold a candle.

Matter of fact, the Sony had so much distortion, had to shut it off. Salseman would'nt talk to me and kicked me out. Sony makes a very nice product. It was ALL in the speakers! not the unit. He's a salseman, not me! Some salseman?

If you have been into the Car audio business for a long time, you above all, should know this! And you say that there is no standard to what audiophile quality is. Your wrong. Audiophile quality is the highest standard that I know.

If there's something higher, I would like to know what it is?
You sound like the salseman
Maybe you should think about looking into another line of work!
Old 10/27/04, 04:38 PM
GT Member

Then why did I go online and just found a place to buy audiophile brand speakers?
Because somebody named their company Audiophile in the hopes of convincing people who do not know better that they make high quality audio components. Audiophile (the descriptive identifier, not the company) is a relative term claiming something is high quality. It is like saying your car is "fast" without giving stats on horsepower, torque, mph, etc. It doesn't mean anything. The Shaker 1000 is incredibly overpriced, it can't cost ford more than $100 over the price of the base audio system. If it is worth the money to you to avoid the after-market hassle thats fine, but don't kid yourself into thinking you are getting a bargain or top of the line equipment.

-Mike
Old 10/27/04, 04:43 PM
GT Member

Lynx4Ben Speaker Quality? Crazy? Your wrong! There is a difference! Please let me explain.
Went into an audio store a while back. No one was in the store at the time, except this salseman and myself. There were 2 audio systems side by side. One was a JVC, the other a Sony. Same wattage. Asked the salseman why the Sony was priced more than the JVC? He replied " It's a better machine". No way I replied! O yes! he replies! Then I say to him, that not only is the JVC a better machine, but I will prove it to him, if he would allow me. He replied, "Sure, I would like to see this". I walked over, cranked the Sony to 12 o'clock on the dial. Turned the JVC to 12 o'clock on the dial also. You could hear the Sony starting to distort. The JVC never flinched. Then I cranked the Sony up between 3 and 4 o'clock on the dial. Likewise with the JVC. No comparison. The Sony could'nt hold a candle.

Matter of fact, the Sony had so much distortion, had to shut it off. Salseman would'nt talk to me and kicked me out. Sony makes a very nice product. It was ALL in the speakers! not the unit. He's a salseman, not me! Some salseman?

If you have been into the Car audio business for a long time, you above all, should know this! And you say that there is no standard to what audiophile quality is. Your wrong. Audiophile quality is the highest standard that I know.

If there's something higher, I would like to know what it is?
You sound like the salseman
Maybe you should think about looking into another line of work!
Tell me how to measure Audiophile then. I'm sick of trying to be nice. YOUR AN IDIOT. Want to buy some busted speakers in my basement. If I write audiophile on them in a magic marker they will be worth 1000 bucks. Distortion on the other hand is somthing you can measure. One speaker can have less distortion than anouther. Why don't u do a search on yahoo shopping for "Audiophile". Go buy a 10 dollar pair of "Audiophile" headphones.

Actually distortion is measured as a ratio. (THD).

Here is a set of "Audiophile" headphones

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cjm-head.../sehdauhe.html

In fact Sennheiser names all their headphones "Audiophile" But this 70$ pair couldn't touch thier $1000 pair. Yet they are both "Audiophile". Wait I get it its a marketing gimmick so ignorant people like you jump all over it.
Old 10/27/04, 04:45 PM
GT Member

And for your info I don't work in car audio. I did competitions for 7 years.
Old 10/27/04, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have been in audio a long time! Go back 4 or 5 post and have a look you moron!

And as for the speakers in your basement, good place for them; that's probably where they belong !
Old 10/27/04, 05:08 PM
GT Member

Once again I didn't say work. I have been doing competitions for 7 years. Anyway, why don't u answer my question. How do you measure audiophile? Since that is your standard for buying equipment.

[QUOTE]Yes, You can buy a whole lot of equipment for a grand, but it still won't sound like audiophile! Audiophile is top of the line! Period! [QUOTE]

Let me take the time to laugh some more at your ignorance.

I'm am done with you. Your level of comprehension is too low.
Old 10/27/04, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

[quote]Originally posted by Lynx4Ben@October 27, 2004, 5:11 PM
Once again I didn't say work. I have been doing competitions for 7 years. Anyway, why don't u answer my question. How do you measure audiophile? Since that is your standard for buying equipment.

[QUOTE]Yes, You can buy a whole lot of equipment for a grand, but it still won't sound like audiophile! Audiophile is top of the line! Period!

Let me take the time to laugh some more at your ignorance.

I'm am done with you. Your level of comprehension is too low.
You don't measure audiophile you moron. Like mcomb said it's all about high quality components that go together to make up the sound.

And as far as having lots of money, Even if I did, it would be none of your business.
Also, I have'nt ordered anything yet, and when I do, that also will be none of your business!
So the way I take it is: According to you, If anyone on this board has bought the 1000 system, they have more money than they know what to do with? Wow!

If that's the case, maybe the people should'nt get the IUP also !
Old 10/27/04, 05:49 PM
Banned

Hi.

(Just thought in a thread with this much flaming I should be involved)
Old 10/27/04, 05:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL
Old 10/27/04, 05:57 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Merlot@October 27, 2004, 3:48 PM
Like mcomb said it's all about high quality components that go together to make up the sound.
Hahahaha, I was agreeing with Lynx4Ben not you In this context audiophile means nothing. Its freaking marketing speak!

-Mike

Quick Reply: People with the Shaker 1000 system