2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Passenger seat lower

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/06, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger seat lower

Does anyone know why the passenger seat is lower than the Driver side?
Old 6/26/06, 08:10 PM
Bullitt Member

In my '05, the passenger seat is lower as well. I wondered about this for a while untill I read here somewhere that this is because the driver seat is power and the passenger side isn't.
Old 6/30/06, 09:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Uhmmm, that's so if you have a hot babe in your car, you get a better "angle". Lol.

Oh yeah, and maybe the mechanisms for the power seat make it higher, too.
Old 6/30/06, 09:10 PM

in my 06...they are the same height....it may just how you have the two seats adjusted
Old 7/4/06, 11:53 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally Posted by RedneckPony
in my 06...they are the same height....it may just how you have the two seats adjusted
not in mine. power driver seat is higher, even when i have it set to be as low as it can go.
Old 7/29/06, 10:22 AM
GT Member

Anyone heard of anything legitimate beging done to raise the passenger seat? I read a post by one guy who made some brackets himself, but I'm not sure how well that would stand up to scrutiny if (God forbid) there were an accident and something failed.

Just wondering, because my wife really loves the mustang, but dislikes riding in it because she sits so low. Just a 2 inch boost would be great.
Old 7/29/06, 10:32 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Its lower because the drivers seat can be moved up and the passenger seat cannot.
I do not like sitting in the passenger seat!
Old 7/29/06, 12:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Her own drink holder to.

Old 7/29/06, 02:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wonder if an 07 seat could be swapped in with the power adjusters...???
Old 7/29/06, 05:46 PM

My passenger seat is lower in my 06 as well.
Old 7/31/06, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tedz Pony
Anyone heard of anything legitimate beging done to raise the passenger seat? I read a post by one guy who made some brackets himself, but I'm not sure how well that would stand up to scrutiny if (God forbid) there were an accident and something failed.

Just wondering, because my wife really loves the mustang, but dislikes riding in it because she sits so low. Just a 2 inch boost would be great.
I have the part numbers for the '07 passenger side power seat track, the switches, the wire harness, and the plastic switch shield (which is the moulding that goes around the base.)

My wife is short too... has a problem with car sickness, and now we just found out I'm gonna be a daddy. I gotta hurry and do the mod before she pukes in the car.

I'm suprised this hasn't been moved yet.. but here's the link to Interior Mods... where I put the part numbers.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=47455
Old 7/31/06, 01:31 PM
GT Member

My female friends say the same thing about my pass seat. When I let my BF drive my car I also notice how low it is. I'me with Tedz - A 2" boost would be great. BF is tall enough that the lower seat doesn't bug him when he rides.
Old 7/31/06, 01:38 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Eh- screw the passengers!

I have my 05 seat up high and the pass. seat is about 3 inches lower.
In the 06, Its a PITA just to see above the dash. I don't like being the passnenger- so I normally just say Screw it and drive mine instead and let HIM be the passenger.
Old 7/31/06, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Passenger seat "booster" the professional way! If the seat is to be raised, a solid material (i.e. steel) needs to be added between the hard mounted floor and the seat base. In addition, longer bolts will need to be used. To insure that a collision will not remove the seat from the base, you must use HIGH GRADE bolts (5 or 8) as the shear strength is greater than that of the original hardware and the elongated bolts will need to have a greater shear strength to achieve the equivalent breaking force.

I have an 06 GT, a tall wife, and no kids, so no plans on doing this.

I have some buddies that hook me up with Stainless Stuff (custom) when I need something and they love to do it because IT'S A MUSTANG!

www.ssollc.com and ask TODD to figure something out - Let them know Shaun sent you and they will take care of you. Any problems - email me and I'll drive over there and kick Todd's butt!
Old 7/31/06, 08:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp
Passenger seat "booster" the professional way! If the seat is to be raised, a solid material (i.e. steel) needs to be added between the hard mounted floor and the seat base. In addition, longer bolts will need to be used. To insure that a collision will not remove the seat from the base, you must use HIGH GRADE bolts (5 or 8) as the shear strength is greater than that of the original hardware and the elongated bolts will need to have a greater shear strength to achieve the equivalent breaking force.

I have an 06 GT, a tall wife, and no kids, so no plans on doing this.

I have some buddies that hook me up with Stainless Stuff (custom) when I need something and they love to do it because IT'S A MUSTANG!

www.ssollc.com and ask TODD to figure something out - Let them know Shaun sent you and they will take care of you. Any problems - email me and I'll drive over there and kick Todd's butt!
why not just put in the power seat base for an '07?
Old 8/1/06, 05:22 PM
GT Member

Check the prices - About $550 parts alone
Old 8/2/06, 07:33 AM
Cobra Member

Check the prices - About $550 parts alone
I think it's worth the cash... to do it right. But.... I guess that's just me. Shaun Beauchamp has another suggestion.. send him a PM and see what he can do for ya.
Old 8/2/06, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Did they end up fixing the problem for '06 / non power '07 or does this problem remain?

I want to do the power seat conversion but man, that is a bit pricey.
Old 8/3/06, 06:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Did they end up fixing the problem for '06 / non power '07 or does this problem remain?

I want to do the power seat conversion but man, that is a bit pricey.
I wasn't aware there was a "problem"... are you talkin' about the saet just being lower? It's just because the seat track on the power seats sits up higher.. I doubt they changed it, but I can't say for sure.
You are inquiring about a non-power seat track that sits a little higher, I assume? I'll see if the part number is any different.
Old 8/3/06, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

yeah.. just confirmed. the part number for '05, '06, and '07 is all the same.. however it's listed as an '06 part number now.

Quick Reply: Passenger seat lower