Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Partshopper Buyer Alert

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/06, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Partshopper Buyer Alert

I ordered a CDC Classic Chin spoiler on July 13, 2006. The website had a great price and free shipping so I ordered one. I waited 2 weeks and still no chin spoiler had been delivered nor did I receive an email with any sort of update. I called twice and was told each time that it would be sent the next day. I went to their website to see if there was any sort of order tracking but when I went to the spoiler page, it said they were backaordered until the 2nd week of August. I ordered mine long before this showed up and they ran my credit card the day after my order so I was under the impression that it was on it's way.

Now I am getting aggitated because I have been charged and then lied to twice. I email them and ask what the deal is and receive a response that says they had alot of orders and it would ship when it arrives but no solid idea of when or any explaination of why I was charged so soon. So on August 21st I receive an email that tells me the parts has shipped and includes a UPS tracking number. I put the tracking number into the UPS website and it comes back as invalid.

Sooooo I email Partshopper again and ask for the correct number and the response is that it IS correct and I should not be so impatient as it takes a few days to get into the system. Well I know that is bullchit as I use UPS alot ant it shows up very quick. So for the last few days I keep checking the number and still nothing. I call UPS customer service and in 2 seconds the guy tells me that a number is missing. (By the way the rep for UPS was awesome and tried without success to help find the number)

I emailed Partshopper once again and ask for the entire tracking number but that email goes unanswered. I give them a call (my dime since they have no 800 number) and nobody answers so I do not know if the are closed or what. The answering machine says leave a message but no additional info. I decided to give CDC a call to not only complain about their reseller but to ask for the tracking number. I got the num ber in under a minute and now have been able to track my shipment. What a PITA!!!

I just wanted to post my negative experience and warn others. I personally will never order from them again. There are many parts shops locally and on the internet which do a much better job.
Old 8/25/06, 01:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Just out of curiosity... when did they actually ship your order?
Old 8/25/06, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

The part was actually drop shipped from CDC and it was sent on Aug 21st. It is scheduled to be delivered to me today. We will see.
Old 8/25/06, 03:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hope it shows up, Bob. You need to bring that Stang out to Hooters on Thursday nights. Are you going to the Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway on Sep 9th?
Old 8/25/06, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Hope it shows up, Bob. You need to bring that Stang out to Hooters on Thursday nights. Are you going to the Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway on Sep 9th?
I almost went 3 weeks ago but something came up at the last minute. I will try and make it soon.

I had not heard about the Laps for Charity, sounds very cool. I will have to check with my wife to see if we already have plans. Thanks for the info.

Bob
Old 8/25/06, 03:37 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I've dealt with Partshopper on a couple of different occasions with no problems. My chin spoiler came from them also, and most anything CDC you order from another company is drop shipped from CDC. I hope it works out for you. I feel like Partshopper will make it right for you.
Old 8/25/06, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I received my spolier about 20 mins ago but it did not come with any of the kit parts, they as well as the instructions were missing. I went to the CDC website and downloaded the instructions to see what was missing. I sent CDC an email asking for the kit which consists of;

* Push-Pin Retainer (2)
* 1 - Roll of 1/2"X44" 3m Acrylic Bonding Tape (#950010)
* 2 - Alcohol Packs
* 1 - Adhesion Promoter Pack

I have to get it painted before I install it so by then the parts should be in.

Bob
Old 8/25/06, 04:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Glad you got your merchandise. I sympathize with you. I do a lot of internet shopping and sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get anywhere with these people. Sometimes the service after the initial order/purchase is so horrible you wonder how they stay in business. I mean here we are just begging to give them money and they act like we owe them or something. Sorry for the rant but you touched a nerve!
Old 8/25/06, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by garyb900
Sometimes the service after the initial order/purchase is so horrible you wonder how they stay in business. I mean here we are just begging to give them money and they act like we owe them or something. Sorry for the rant but you touched a nerve!
Amen Brother!!
Old 8/25/06, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

In your next email to Partshopper you should attach a link to this topic. That may get thier attention. I just removed that site from my favorites.
Old 8/25/06, 09:02 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a bad experience with Partshopper too. I ordered the 18" chrome bullits that had the cobra on them(this is what it showed on their website)
When I got the rims,they came with a set of cheesy looking Buick type red white and blue stripes.When I called them they said that they were not responsible for the centercaps. .It seems Ford got on their *** about using their trademark logo. Long story short,they ended up changing the pic on the website and the ****head guy send me a whopping 5% coupon after I *****ed. He would have gotten an *** whooping if I saw him in person
Old 8/25/06, 10:43 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the warning. There's nothing better than word-of-mouth advertising.
Old 8/26/06, 01:54 AM
Bullitt Member

i was gonna order some hood pins from them but then i ordered them from mustangs unlimited
Old 8/26/06, 12:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd forget about parts shopper, and go with Mustang Tuning. Free shipping from them as well, and their prices are very competitive. Sorry about your troubles with Parts shopper.
Old 9/13/06, 04:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I finally got my install kit directly from CDC yesterday. Talk about BS, waiting and waiting and many telephone calls and emails. Atleast I got everything but it is my last order from partshopper.
Old 9/13/06, 05:55 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best third party place i've dealt with is AUTOANYTHING. They are fast and very courteous and always trying to please customer
Old 9/14/06, 08:10 PM
GT Member

Hey Bob,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. My web shop does not carry this particular item and I'm still adding products weekly. Quick and reliable service is key to any business, especially online business.
Next time you need something to tune your Mustang, please check me out.
Thanks.
Old 9/14/06, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WindveilBlue
Hey Bob,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. My web shop does not carry this particular item and I'm still adding products weekly. Quick and reliable service is key to any business, especially online business.
Next time you need something to tune your Mustang, please check me out.
Thanks.
Will do, thanks.
Old 4/23/07, 08:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Angry

Im in the mits of dealing with them right now on a CDC classic chin spoiler also. Was told by Mike that it would be a week to week and half wait. And so far its been two weeks and still no word.

I just sent another e-mail early this morning that went unanswered. Im beggining to get frustrated. I also wasn't aware at the time that partshopper gave TMS discounts. So in that same e-mail today I asked if I could benifit for being a member. We'll see how that goes.

*sigh* 99 bottles of beer on the wall 99 bottles of beer, take one down...
Old 4/23/07, 10:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

WOW sorry to hear about this fella's! I hope in the end it works out ok, but I won't be ordering form parts shopper anytime soon.