2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The PAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/05, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a major deal closing at work today and was going to go put a deposit on a white 05 GT vert tomorrow. The car was sold this afternoon. Oh, the pain, the pain!

So now the question is order an 06 or go for one of the yellow verts on the lot up the street... I don't mind the yellow, but owning a yellow and black car in Pittsburgh... don't know... it's a bit much.
Old 7/28/05, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by grendel@July 28, 2005, 3:42 PM
I've got a major deal closing at work today and was going to go put a deposit on a white 05 GT vert tomorrow. The car was sold this afternoon. Oh, the pain, the pain!

So now the question is order an 06 or go for one of the yellow verts on the lot up the street... I don't mind the yellow, but owning a yellow and black car in Pittsburgh... don't know... it's a bit much.
Yea, I have the same issue with yellow. It's very flashy, and it's not quite a muscle car color, but I think it's a cool color. I'm just not sure if it is something I will grow out of and think it's a trendy color that will fall out of style. Then again, I personally am not a fan of white cars. I'd take yellow over white anyday.
Old 7/28/05, 04:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well 2005 will be a landmark year for the Mustang, but if you don't care about that and just like the body stlye, I'd order an '06 so you can get exactly what you want
Old 7/28/05, 05:05 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by cyoon@July 28, 2005, 5:55 PM
Yea, I have the same issue with yellow. It's very flashy, and it's not quite a muscle car color, but I think it's a cool color. I'm just not sure if it is something I will grow out of and think it's a trendy color that will fall out of style. Then again, I personally am not a fan of white cars. I'd take yellow over white anyday.
I kind of like the yellow... but Pittsburgh has 3 pro sports teams whose colors are black and yellow/gold so I'd have every redneck in the city shouting sports team slogans at me all year round.

I'm a football and hockey fan, but not THAT big a fan if you know what I mean
Old 7/28/05, 05:26 PM
Cobra Member

If ya like the color, I would go for it regardless of it looking like Terry Bradshaw's car. Besides, I bet most people won't make the connection...at least not as many as you think.
Old 7/28/05, 06:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by cyoon@July 28, 2005, 6:55 PM
Yes. Yellow (and black) is no color for a Mustang.

Old 7/28/05, 07:41 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

What in the hades is wrong with Yellow? Yellow Rocks!
Old 7/28/05, 10:43 PM
GT Member

Well, looks like signing got pushed back until tomorrow morning... If all goes well I'll be ordering a Tungsten Grey GT vert either tomorrow afternoon or Saturday.

If all doesn't go well I'll probably be too drunk to post for a while
Old 7/28/05, 11:33 PM
GT Member

I ordered a legend lime V6 from the picture in the catalogue. A few weeks before my car came in, I started to stress about the color and what to do if I hated it. Now I have no idea what would happen to the value of the car, but I decided then that if I hated the color, I would take the car and get it painted.

I realize you've seen the yellow and you know exactly how it looks, but is there any reason why you can't get it painted?

With mine, I got lucky. When I saw the legend lime car in the lot, I thought the color was shocking, but I didn't hate it. Each day I like it more and now I'm thrilled with my choice, but knowing I had the option made a difference.

Like I said, I have no idea what changing the color would do to the value of a car, but I don't buy cars to sell them. I try to keep mine until they're about to die, so resale isn't something I stress about.
Old 7/28/05, 11:41 PM
I'm people, and I like.

I agree... Yellow is an amazing color!

It looks muscular to me

Of course, it is all up to you. Just trying to put things into perspective

But yea, a black and yellow car in Pitt is pretty funny. Go Pens!
Old 7/29/05, 05:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@July 28, 2005, 7:29 PM
If ya like the color, I would go for it regardless of it looking like Terry Bradshaw's car. Besides, I bet most people won't make the connection...at least not as many as you think.

Are you kidding? THis is Pittsburgh. People would make that connection if it was just plain black. They think bumblebees are fans.

(Grendel? Do you mean McKrackin Ford? They have 2 yellows as of today when I drove by. I also saw one at Woltz and WInd about a week ago and can't remember what color. I think I also saw a Red Saleen at McKrackin but I didn't stop in and couldn't be sure while going past.)

(Today meaning yesterday. Night shift screws you up.)
Old 7/29/05, 06:42 AM
GT Member

We drove about 30 minutes to a Ford dealer just so we could take one for a test drive. They had a Yellow V6 auto and and redfire V6 manual. My wife doesn't drive a stick so we took the yellow out and bought it on the spot. Yellow would have been my last choice but now that we own one, I couldn't imagine owning any other color.

1st thing we did was join the Yellow Mustang Registry. We joined the group for the Ford Nationals at Carlisle PA and all I can say is wow - 54 yellow Mustangs pulling in together. Quite the site. And the members are a great group of people...
Old 7/29/05, 08:05 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Back In November Brad gave a heads up a load of 05s was headed my way.
I ran out and waited on them to arrive.
Eleanor rolled off......I fell in love with her but she was sold. PLUS at the time I was ordering my own in January for my Birthday.

Financing on Eleanor fell through for the person who ordered her....
Eleanor sat on the showroom floor waiting.
My husband totaled his truck..
Handed me a check...
I went to get my mustang.......And out of all of em Eleanor stood out as MINE. So I picked her up and drove her home and have never been happier.

I was very anti yellow- I thought it was too LOOK AT ME........But I couldn't imagine any other color now.