2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The owner told me this

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/05, 08:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey everyone I have been activly persuing my Mustang order now that Vista Blue's are being produced. I called the ERL today and she told me there was no information on my car at all. When I called my salesman (read: Nicest guy on earth) he was shocked and spoke to the owner about it. The owner told me that the car would be delivered the week of first full week of september. He said that ford told him that was the " estimated time of destination".The owner is a firend of the family and I have no reason not to believe him but I never heard of this before. So I turn to you the faithful Mustang owners/sellers. Can someone tell me if what he said is to be believed. KC? ISELLFORD? a little help please.
Old 8/19/05, 08:57 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

sometimes when the car gets shipped the ERL loses all information about the order. The ERL is pretty useless after you know the car was built. If he's saying the first of september, then you car has already been built and is on the way. The ETA for me was wrong and the car came a week earlier.
Old 8/19/05, 09:00 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks I hope your right I really have faith in this guy. I appreciate all the feedback I can get.
Old 8/19/05, 09:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Keepin' a good thought for you, Tom!
Old 8/19/05, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey everyone I have been activly persuing my Mustang order now that Vista Blue's are being produced. I called the ERL today and she told me there was no information on my car at all. When I called my salesman (read: Nicest guy on earth) he was shocked and spoke to the owner about it. The owner told me that the car would be delivered the week of first full week of september. He said that ford told him that was the " estimated time of destination".The owner is a firend of the family and I have no reason not to believe him but I never heard of this before. So I turn to you the faithful Mustang owners/sellers. Can someone tell me if what he said is to be believed. KC? ISELLFORD? a little help please.

==================================================

Originally posted by dustindu4@August 19, 2005, 8:00 PM
sometimes when the car gets shipped the ERL loses all information about the order. The ERL is pretty useless after you know the car was built. If he's saying the first of september, then you car has already been built and is on the way. The ETA for me was wrong and the car came a week earlier.
==================================================
When I picked up my DORA and VIN on 11/4/04 (ordered on 10/20/04) my salesman told me the car was being built as of 10/27, but based on information from this site (delays in production of Mustangs w/ IUP and Spoilers) I figured he was wrong...and when I got home and called Ford that confirmed that my car was on a Temp Delay, and remained in that status until the ERL message changed to scheduled for build week of 11/14.
The ERL updated to 'produced and shipped via convoy' to 'arrived at the ramp'.
Old 8/19/05, 11:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you've called the ERL, then I assume you have a DORA. If you have a DORA, then Ford has received your order. Somewhere around this forum there's a phone number for Ford Customer Service Center. Try and find that and call them. Usually they're useless, but in this case they may be able to help you... good luck!
Old 8/20/05, 04:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@August 19, 2005, 11:04 PM
Keepin' a good thought for you, Tom!
Thanks!
Old 8/21/05, 04:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Ford Customer Relationship Center phone number is in my signature. They have been very helpful to me.
Old 8/22/05, 08:50 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the help. I picked up my DORA and it had a partial VIN on it. Whats that mean?
Old 8/22/05, 09:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't mean anything. All orders start with a partial VIN. Those are the parts of the VIN that all cars of that model share (e.g. 6 for year, T85 for vert, etc).
Old 8/22/05, 10:00 AM
Cobra Member

This is kind of an easy answer I just need someone who sells Fords and is willing to put their word against my dealers. I just want to know if I am getting fed BS or if I can actually be excited about my car coming. KC or Isellford PLEASE help!
Old 8/22/05, 11:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by vistablue mustang@August 22, 2005, 10:03 AM
This is kind of an easy answer I just need someone who sells Fords and is willing to put their word against my dealers. I just want to know if I am getting fed BS or if I can actually be excited about my car coming. KC or Isellford PLEASE help!

I have no way of knowing if your dealer is being straight with you or not. If the dealer himself says he has an ETA of the 1st week of Sept then the car has to already be in some stage of scheduling with a VIN number.
If i were you, I would take my order info and call that ERL to see what they say.
Old 8/22/05, 01:38 PM
Cobra Member

I would like to thank everyone for their input and help through this process. Isellford thank you ever so much for getting back to me. Yeah I know I sound way too nice but hey give thanks when it's due I always say. Mods shut this one down.