2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ordering Soon, Color ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/07, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the Money, go with the CS and Drop the Shaker 1000.

I also say go with Vista, such a Good looking car. I personnally think Torch Red is the only way to go, but that Vista Blue catches my eye too.
Old 9/19/07, 10:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I had it to do over I would have gotten the Legend Lime but anyway I think Vista Blue is what I would order now.
Old 9/20/07, 01:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Take it from another Air Force Guy, don't bother with the CS, it's way too much money for no additonal performance. Get a good GT premium with the options you want and add on the things you like later. I would say use some of the money you save to get a Bamachips 93 octane Race tune/JLTII combo and spank the crap out of any GT/CS right away. Remember, us "public servants" can't print our own money, and I'm guessing you want to have enough left over for gas and insurance...

Personally, I waited an extra year to get a Tungsten vert w/ red interior and it is one of the classiest looks for this car. That red interiror has gotten many mixed reviews, but I love mine and I think the car would be less without it. Does it say "Agreessive Driver, Look At Me?" Well, yes....

Just some advice, and another thing to consider, you probably can't get the deep waxed shine on a white car that you can on something darker. And believe me, when you work all day to clay bar and zaino this thing, you're going to want to see your reflection in it! But, if you do got with White, get the blue stripes painted on!!

-Darth
Old 9/20/07, 05:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

IMO, Shaker 1000 is way overpriced. The 500 sounds great! The 1000 is only the addition of the sub in the trunk, which you can add yourself for much less than Ford wants. Unless you're into thumping the whole neighborhood with rap, you'll find the 500 is more than enough. Also, I vote for the charcoal interior. Much sportier.
Old 9/26/07, 05:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Well since you are ordering the GT/CS, it'll probably be a couple of months before you have the Mustang in your possession, so I would say order the GT/CS with the Shaker 1000. Then out of each of your paychecks, set a little bit aside ($50 - $75) to offset the cost of the Shaker and when you go in to sign the papers on your GT/CS put that cash down with any additional money you plan to put down as a downpayment. It won't take care of all the debt but should get a good chunk of it out of the way, so that way you'll have the best of both worlds.
Old 9/26/07, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Darth Stang
Take it from another Air Force Guy, don't bother with the CS, it's way too much money for no additonal performance. Get a good GT premium with the options you want and add on the things you like later. I

-Darth
This is really an opinion issue...performance is great, but the not the intent of a CS/GT....Besides, the CS/GT pkg is a STEAL!!! There is no way you could go out and piece that kit together for anywhere near $1895. If performance is what you are after then why bother with a premium? Just go buy a deluxe GT and go mod crazy....

Personally I am getting a new CS/GT this year and I am still stuck on color as well....I am leaning towards grabber orange though....

Good luck with what ever you buy!
Old 9/27/07, 08:02 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

1) Go with Performance White w/charcoal interior and bright satin IUP. The bright satin is the only way to go with charcoal leather, otherwise it looks like a toomb. After 2 years, I still don't regret getting PW, in fact I'm as in love with it today as I was when I picked her up.
2) If you go with a CS, I quite like the Dove, however, the door panels need to be black if you can retrofit.
3) If you go with regular charcoal interior, consider getting door welts as they really help with brightening the interior (without having to choose one of the colour schemes that makes the doors beige or grey - which looks silly IMHO)
4) take it from me, the Shaker 1000 is NOT worth the money. Had I the option, I would have spent the money on a oem nav system instead. Really, all you get is 2 10" subs which I have to turn down to well below half most of the time anyways, and I like listening to base heavy music.
5) SPOILER DELETE!!!!!!!!!! I get so many compliements on it.

Trust me

Kristina

Originally Posted by Darth Stang
Just some advice, and another thing to consider, you probably can't get the deep waxed shine on a white car that you can on something darker. And believe me, when you work all day to clay bar and zaino this thing, you're going to want to see your reflection in it! But, if you do got with White, get the blue stripes painted on!! -Darth
Again, personal opinon here but -- although i can't quite get the same deepness on my PW as i could on my previous car (black), you'd be surprised at how shiny you can get a white car. On the second point, I bought white with the intention of putting blue stripes on it, but after seeing every other white S197 around here with stripes, I decided to be a bit different and keep it oem, and am happy I did. Many many people tell me it's good that I didn't do stripes as my car looks quite clean and clsassy without them.

So, those are my $0.02/humble opinion
Attached Thumbnails Ordering Soon, Color ?'s-detailingshop1sm.jpg   Ordering Soon, Color ?'s-tan1sm.jpg   Ordering Soon, Color ?'s-welt1.jpg   Ordering Soon, Color ?'s-welt4.jpg   Ordering Soon, Color ?'s-welt3.jpg  

Old 9/27/07, 08:07 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

double post
Old 9/28/07, 05:48 PM
GT Member

Vista Blue.. I have it with dark charcoal leather... nice!!!
Attached Thumbnails Ordering Soon, Color ?'s-pic009.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 9/28/07, 06:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have the black interior and love it (Premium package). Recently drove a 08 Vista (looked just like Sandy's above outside) with the light brown interior and honestly I found that I really like the solid black (charcoal) look. Just feels more "hot rod" to me.

Please keep in mind that I am a yeller driver too and known to be...

Take your time and go look at each option on other cars before choosing. It is a big decision and one that must be considered carefully...get exactly what you want...
Old 9/29/07, 11:04 AM

Thanks everyone for your help/opinions! I do have to say, some of these cars look pretty awesome, but after thinking about it I just went with my original idea, along with some changes.

2008 Mustang GT California Special Coupe
Vista Blue w/ Black/Parchment Interior
Manual Transmission
Active Anti-Theft
Interior Upgrade
3.55 Axle
Comfort Group
Charcoal Aluminum Panel
Ambient Lighting
No GT Appearence Package, I just don't like the idea of a non-functional scoop sticking out of the hood of the car. Car has been ordered and I just can't wait to get it! It's been a couple years since I've driven a stick so I've been practicing a bit on some friends cars.

So, let the mod ideas begin! I don't plan on doing any major mods immediately. I'm going to be using this car as a DD and I wanted the warranty to stay in effect for the length of its terms, so any immediate mods need to be minor and/or quickly removable. I'm currently looking at the CAI and tuner combos over at bamachips. Is there any real difference between the JLT, C&L, and C&L "Racer" intakes? Also, is there any real [beneficial] differences between the X2, X3, and Predator tuners?

Also, as far as exhaust, I'm just completely in the dark on that subject. Should I be OK with some better sounding axle-backs or do I need to go for headers, x/h-pipes, long tubes? Also, what's involved in the installation of these? I remember the days of helping my friend swap out exhaust on his cars and they all required decent amounts of welding, but I'm under the impression that the changing of the axle-backs is simply a remove and bolt on procedure. Is this right?

Thanks for you help again guys!

Edit: Oh yeah, no Shaker 1000, I'll throw in my own subs. Would one 12 be enough or should I go for two 10's? Or hell, all three?
Old 9/30/07, 12:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think you will be happy with the GT/CS.

I also have extended warranty (75K) and use mine for a DD. I went with the C&L Racer and 91 Race tune from Doug. While I am not sure how much you will feel with the stick, it is night and day with an auto...

If exhaust sound is the question, there are many threads comparing different types. I like my MAC's and are a good balance between deep throaty sound but does not break neighbors windows...

Sounds like your ride will be really cool...look forward to pics!
Old 9/30/07, 05:03 PM

THe shaker 1000 is a ripoff. It's not even a real extra 500 watts - its 500 watts PEAK. I spent about the same money (a grand) on a decent 1000 watt rms / 3000 watt peak sub, 1000 watt rms amp, and scosche custom fit enclosure (they make one that fits into a nook/crannie in your trunk).

And I play my bass pretty loud, but with my windows rolled up, I don't wake anybody. This mustang is.. as kevinb put it.. built like a bank vault. I can barely hear anything outside of the car - I can only hear a mild very very quiet muffled sound of a beat outside, while inside I'm getting a scalp massage from the moving air.
Old 10/1/07, 10:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Definitely go with the Vista Blue. Having owned a white car for 4 years, I can say with absolute confidence that the only color that's harder to keep clean is black. And unlike black, you cant really tell that white is dirty until its really dirty. In between dirty and clean it just looks dingy. IMO, Vista is a much sharper looking color. I was neck and neck trying to decide between Vista and Tungsten (ultimately went with the grey because I wanted my own Eleanor, but sometimes I wish I had gotten the blue). Go with blue.
I've never heard the Shaker 1000, but the Shaker 500 suits my needs just fine. Yeah, as far as I know the only difference between the 500 and the 1000 is the subs in the trunk with associated amplifiers. I wouldn't worry about blowing up the 500. Realistically, the CS is a better buy than an upgraded stereo. Worse comes to worse, you could always upgrade the stereo later.
Old 10/1/07, 02:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Great Choice!!

"So, let the mod ideas begin! I don't plan on doing any major mods immediately. I'm going to be using this car as a DD and I wanted the warranty to stay in effect for the length of its terms, so any immediate mods need to be minor and/or quickly removable. I'm currently looking at the CAI and tuner combos over at bamachips. Is there any real difference between the JLT, C&L, and C&L "Racer" intakes? Also, is there any real [beneficial] differences between the X2, X3, and Predator tuners?"

CAI and tuners should not void anything, but if you are worried you can always flash back to stock and replace the air box. I use the JLT2 and Xcal 2 and for my auto it was like night and day! Not sure about the difference in tubes, but the X2 or X3 will allow you to program and fine tune more options, plus they can have files downloaded pretty easily. I love my Xcal 2, I will never own another muscle car without one!

Also, as far as exhaust, I'm just completely in the dark on that subject. Should I be OK with some better sounding axle-backs or do I need to go for headers, x/h-pipes, long tubes? Also, what's involved in the installation of these? I remember the days of helping my friend swap out exhaust on his cars and they all required decent amounts of welding, but I'm under the impression that the changing of the axle-backs is simply a remove and bolt on procedure. Is this right?

I've spent so much time under my car its a shame, especially because before I bought this car I'd never done anything but changed oil...The exhaust is a snap to work on, literally! Everything is clamped on, so you can mix and match! The only thing you might have to do is cut the piping with a pipe saw if you want an X-pipe, but that literally took me 6 minutes to do when I put my prochamber on. There are lots of good how-tos on this site, just print and follow, I even lowered my car that way. The auto hobby shop will be your second home...The axlebacks (FRPP GTA's or Corsas) are really simple to do, but it's kind of backbreaking the first time because you have to manhandle the stockers off. After that, most aftermarkets slide on and off pretty easily. Start with those and work your way up to headers and x/h pipes, cause you may be happy with just a siple change. I think I went through four combos before I was happy. This car is exactly what it claims to be--Modular!!

-Darth