2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ordering Soon, Color ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/07, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ordering Soon, Color ?'s

I'm looking to order an 08 'Stang here pretty soon , and I'm leaning towards these options:

GT w/ Manual
Anti-Theft (14A)
Int. Upgrade Pkg. (18G)
3.55 Gears (455)
Premier Trim Pkg. (68B)
Charcoal Alum. Panel (67D)
Comfort Group (53B)
Shaker 1000 (918)

However, I can't seem to decide between Vista Blue or Performance White . I'm leaning more towards Vista Blue.

My biggest problem though is that I can't seem to find pictures of the different interior color options here. I was going to go with just the Vista Blue with the Dark Charcoal seats, but since I'm getting the Premier package, I may as well consider the other colors. Does anyone have any color combo suggestions and/or photos of the different colors? Thanks guys.
Old 9/15/07, 02:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Simple Answer: just add, /CS , after the GT.
Old 9/15/07, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Simple Answer: just add, /CS , after the GT.
If only it'd fit into my budget.

I could squeeze it, but I'd have to get rid of the Shaker 1000, Premier Trim Pkg, and the 3.55 gears..... Crap, now you've got me thinkin.
Old 9/15/07, 03:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol i'd get a base GT and go mod crazy with the few $$ i'd saved..unless it was a daily driver then i get as much comfort as i could. or if it was a semi-daily drive i'd get a little of both
Old 9/15/07, 03:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got in a Performance white with red interior and charcoal dash panel. With spoiler delete, no scoop, and 18" bullitts it looks fantastic. You really can't go wrong with any of the interiors with white, but the red explodes when you open the door. With Vista, I would do an all-charcoal interior no question, with the charcoal dash panel. The premier trim package is worth its weight in platinum. You could skip comfort group and just do heated seats to save a few bucks and skip the shaker to save quite a bit. Candy red with red or chamois interior looks very classy too. Not to mention vapor silver....
Old 9/15/07, 04:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinb120
Performance white with red interior and charcoal dash panel. With spoiler delete, no scoop, and 18" bullitts it looks fantastic. You really can't go wrong with any of the interiors with white, but the red explodes when you open the door.
+1
Old 9/15/07, 04:52 PM

I can agree that the Performance White with Red interior would look pretty sweet, I just can't bring myself to actually get that combo because that'd be just a tad bit too loud for me. And, from trying out the different stock radios at the dealer, I can't pass up a Shaker 1000. I'd rather keep everything stock (except for a few small performance mods.)

More than likely I'll just end up going for the Vista Blue and Charcoal combo, as it seems like the nicest set up. I am curious how the Dove interior looks in a Vista Blue (but a non-CS Dove interior.)
Old 9/15/07, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

My vote goes to performance white. I nearly chose that when I ordered mine, but went with WVB instead.
Old 9/15/07, 06:00 PM
V6 Member

I like the Black/Dove Premier Trim interior (even better with the two-tone GT/CS seats). That might look good with Vista Blue.
Old 9/15/07, 06:08 PM
Cobra Member

My personal pick would be Vista Blue with all Charcoal interior. That combination looks awesome together.
Old 9/15/07, 06:25 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
go with the Vista!
Old 9/15/07, 09:27 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting the Vista Blue. I'm really interested in seeing the Dove Interior with the Vista Blue Coupe though. I've only seen the Dove CS Interior. Anyone got pics of the Premier Dove w/ Vista Blue?
Old 9/15/07, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Airforce,

I can't remember the title of the thread, but it was something like "interior options decoded"...do a search for that because someone one this board put together pictures of a lot of the different interior packages.

I hope that helps a little. I don't think you can go wrong with either blue or white, but I'd go with blue.

Have fun ordering it, I'm hoping to order mine by the end of the year.
Old 9/15/07, 11:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Vista Blue is what made me order a 2006 GT. Never looked back either.
Old 9/15/07, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by BossDawg
I can't remember the title of the thread, but it was something like "interior options decoded"...do a search for that because someone one this board put together pictures of a lot of the different interior packages.
After some searching based on this info, I did find this link:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51347
which I am assuming is what you were thinking about. This actually shows me exactly I was looking for, thanks!

After looking over those, I can safely say that the pure black interior looks the best to me. I was hoping that the Dove interior looked more like what the Ford website depicted for Dove during the 2007 MY. I would love to have an entire charcoal interior w/ the GT/CS Dove seats, only having the Dove accents on the seats. But at any rate, looks like I'll be going for Vista Blue w/ Dark Charcoal Interior.

Any suggestions as to whether or not the Ambient Lighting and HID Packages are worth it?
Old 9/16/07, 12:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Performance White is the way to go with medium parchment interior, very classy!
Old 9/16/07, 09:23 AM
GT Member

Make it the best of both worlds. Go with Vista Blue and add some white racing stripes down the middle. Or Vise Versa. But I'd go with the blue if I had to choose between the two.
Old 9/16/07, 09:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Good choice. Vista. and with the full charcoal interior, all you have to do is think "Katzkin". Your seating questions will be answered. and, you can do it your way.
Old 9/16/07, 11:12 AM
GT Member

As an owner of a variety of Stangs over the years, various red 65s, a black '02 Gt, and another red '87 GT, and as the current owner of a Torch Red '06 GT, I say go nuts and do the Performance White.

This Torch is sweet, and I'd do it again, no problem, but when If I ever trade this one in for one last Mustang it might just be Performance White.
Old 9/18/07, 09:10 PM

Thanks everyone for your opinions as well as minor guidance here and there. I've been thinking a lot though and I've been changing my mind (don't you hate that?) I've got a couple final questions left.

After looking at many-a-photos, I'm really interested in getting a CS. If I do get the CS, I'd have to get rid of the Shaker 1000 because of budget restraints. So here's my questions:

What's the difference between the Shaker 500 & 1000? The subs in the trunk? Does the 1000 really sound all that much better than a 500 (I've only tried a 1000, so I can't really say myself)? If it's simply the subs in the trunk, I have a box, a sub, and an amp laying around that I could possibly fit in there.

For the money, what's worth more? The Shaker 1000 or the CS Package? Personally, the CS Package just look awesome, inside and out. If I got the CS Package, I'd definately get the Vista Blue, but I'm still not sure about Dove or Parchment. But there's something about a stock 1000 watt [peak] sound system that perks my interest.

I dunno guys. It's a budget crunch for me, and I just have no idea what I'd like more. I'm assuming the CS would be the way to go, but I don't want to push the 500 to the brink of blowing.

What do you all think?

Quick Reply: Ordering Soon, Color ?'s