2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

ordering

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/05, 02:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

how many of you ordered an 05 or 06 wjthout even test driving one first??i did and my wife thinks i'm crazy......this car was just too bad hiney for me to passup..i haven't even sat in one longer than 3 min.cuz every time i ask to sit in one the dealers act like they are doing me a huge favor and hover over me as if i'm gonna ruin it or steal it!! :angry: anyways lets hear your stories.....
Old 6/19/05, 02:09 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first one I drove, was the one I ordered. Sat in a few and that sold me on the comfort factor.

Yes it may sound nuts to some poeple, but then when they go "darn I should get one" and can't, well that says it all now doesn't it
Old 6/19/05, 02:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The first one I drove was the one I ordered in August, and I didn't drive it until November, after the paperwork was signed. After all, my car had to teach me how to drive a stick.
Old 6/19/05, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

3 test drive of the V6, one was in the snow, loved it all 3 times, but for many reasons that I have posted before we desided to order a GT. We never saw any anywhere to test drive but we ordered anyway. I have wondered if we are going to like it as much, the v6 was fast enough, but the GT is more than just speed for us.
Old 6/19/05, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I looked everywhere for a while before i found a GT. it was red on red(to red for me) but i was amazed with the car. the only thing i didnt like was that the salesman was pressuring me to pay 600 a month for the darn thing..i told him if im payin that much im goin to get an M3. im glad i orderd mine though. i like the fact that ill be getting a new car exactly how i want it and i dont have to pick off the lot.
Old 6/19/05, 02:51 PM
V6 Member

I test drove a GT coupe and a V6 vert back to back. Ordered my car from the same dealer 2 days later. This was in late March and was the first GT that I was allowed to drive.
Old 6/19/05, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered my GT a day or two after Ford released pricing. Went to the dealer, actually told them what options were available (it's scary when you know more than the dealer does, my husband thought that it was really amusing to watch the salesman look to me for information). I actually went in there with a printout of all the options that I wanted and just handed it to him.

It was a case of sight unseen ordering. When my GT came in was the first 05 I had ever seen in person and definately the first I'd ever driven. Ahhhhh it was love at first sight
Old 6/19/05, 02:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
It is not really nuts. You can order the car and not accept it when it arrives if you are not happy. So there is no risk involved.

I ordered mine and test drove it after it came in. As expected, I loved it.
Old 6/19/05, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Placed my order and waited nearly six months for it to arrive, the first one I drove was mine.
Old 6/19/05, 03:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ordered in November, the dealers only had V6's on their lots, so did not test drive. One of the better decisions I have made!
Old 6/19/05, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

After checking the options and pricing on the net went to my dealer and ordered, and then after drove a black GT manual, the only GT on the lot.
Old 6/19/05, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered, but no drivey. Sat in it, really like the way it looks and i'am positive it's way quicker than my xterra, yep I'll love it.
Old 6/19/05, 05:04 PM
GT Member

I saw the car and sat in one but could not drive it as it was the parade/ show car.. I ordered without driving and did not test drive one till they hit the lots... then I knew I had made the right choice
Old 6/19/05, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered in September. No 05's on the lot at all. I asked if I could order one and they sat me down. Started going thru the books and computer to find the price list and options. Couldn't find one so I let them make a copy of mine. 8 weeks later I sat in my GT and went home. This was the first car I ever ordered without seeing it in person.
Old 6/19/05, 06:05 PM

First GT I drove was when my ordered car came in and I took the salesman with me to fill it up. I knew last fall when I started seeing reviews of the new Mustang GT in the car mags that I was going to have one; didn't need to drive one first. I didn't have to put any money down on my order, so I could have walked away from it if I didn't want the car. Fat chance.
Old 6/19/05, 07:44 PM
GT Member

No test drive here....Order mine the day the order guide appeared on this site..Printed it and took it with me Then waited for the price list to come out..Took that to the dealer and had them put there price for the car in writing..had them sign that.. First time I ever sat in one was mine the day it was delivered to the dearship..It was love at first sight
Old 6/19/05, 07:48 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Me and Dan were lucky enough to drive a Mustang GT before they were released to the public.

Other than that, I didn't do a testdrive at the dealer, I just walked in, gave him my option codes and deposit.
Old 6/19/05, 07:52 PM

No test drive here. Did sit in one for about 30 seconds and got to see the full spectrum of colors on V6's. For me, color was the most difficult choice.
Old 6/19/05, 08:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Boltzman@June 19, 2005, 3:03 PM
how many of you ordered an 05 or 06 wjthout even test driving one first??i did and my wife thinks i'm crazy......this car was just too bad hiney for me to passup..i haven't even sat in one longer than 3 min.cuz every time i ask to sit in one the dealers act like they are doing me a huge favor and hover over me as if i'm gonna ruin it or steal it!! :angry: anyways lets hear your stories.....
I ordered my 2005 on June 1, 2004. The only car I'd even seen was a test mule at the 40th Anniversary show in Nashville in April. I finally got to sit in one in July when the preview caravan came to town. Mine arrived at the dealership on October 27 and I (test) drove it around the block when I arrived the next day to do the deal and take it home!

I have not regretted this total act of faith - it's one heck of a car! Incidentally, it's my fourth Mustang and my first new car in 35 years.
Old 6/19/05, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered the car first, then a week later I was able to actually test drive a yellow GT manual. So I didn't even drive the auto until I drove my car when it came in. After six months of ownership, the car still puts that smile on my face like it did back in mid December.

Quick Reply: ordering