2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

ORDER CODES FOR 2007 MUSTANGS!

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/06, 07:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ March 1, 2006, 9:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Actually, the black carpet is what I was told by someone at AAI.
[/b][/quote]

Really, great info, thanks Jason. Didn't know you have a friend in AAI [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about transmission? Any hope of an "Autostick" style feature being added to the 5-speed auto? Also, I'm assuming this "CONCEPTS" system isn't accesible by the general public.
Old 3/1/06, 03:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Captain Spadaro @ March 1, 2006, 4:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What about transmission? Any hope of an "Autostick" style feature being added to the 5-speed auto? Also, I'm assuming this "CONCEPTS" system isn't accesible by the general public.
[/b][/quote]

Michael, nothing on a "manumatic" or select shift auto tranny in the near future. And about the "CONCEPTS", sorry, its only for dealers. It's how we price out cars, order cars, check order status, everything really. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 03:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Awesome news Jeff!

Now I just have to wait for the order banks to open for the Shelby....

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Wonder if the GT will also get the 6 speed manual like the Shelby. Also if the fabric vert top will be available like the Shelby instead of the vinyl.
Old 3/1/06, 03:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

So I missed the bus on this one............. what/who is AAI
Old 3/1/06, 04:06 PM

Auto Alliance is where the Mustang is built in Flat Rock, MI.
Old 3/1/06, 04:07 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black06inGT @ March 1, 2006, 9:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yea I wonder what they will cost too, I just ordered my 06 and it wont be in until mid to the end of april, should I wait and just order an 07 if they have heated seat and satellite radio???? OH what to do??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I was going to cancel my order for my 06 to get the heated seats, compass mirror and maybe 20hp; but then another member sent a link for heated seats ($180), and the mirror is available as well so I left my order alone. My pony is being built on 3/6 si I should be driving it a week or so later - not waiting 6 + months for an 07. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 04:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Twehttam @ March 1, 2006, 3:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Auto Alliance is where the Mustang is built in Flat Rock, MI.
[/b][/quote]

thanks I wasn't sure what it was
Old 3/1/06, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

dangit, just when i buy the 06 they release all this stuff for 07.
Old 3/1/06, 09:00 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,777 Likes on 2,057 Posts
Go into Conceps and see what Colors are available only on the GT/CS

kc
Old 3/2/06, 05:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kevin, I am one of the sick ones who actually like that spoiler, any part number info yet?

Ooops-Wrong thread-need more coffee I guess. I was refering to the spoiler on the Valencia Orange pony... Sorry.
Old 3/2/06, 06:28 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,777 Likes on 2,057 Posts
No Listing on Spoiler Yet!
Old 3/2/06, 06:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks-will look in correct area next time!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 06:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(principalpony @ March 1, 2006, 6:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was going to cancel my order for my 06 to get the heated seats, compass mirror and maybe 20hp; but then another member sent a link for heated seats ($180), and the mirror is available as well so I left my order alone. My pony is being built on 3/6 si I should be driving it a week or so later - not waiting 6 + months for an 07. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Before I visit my dealer to grab an 06... what's with the slide in commetn of the HP upgrade? that one slipped under the radar... Is that a possibility?

I can totally handle an 06 as none of the "new" options offer me much here in Florida, but I always could use more HP!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Anybody else with thoughts on that one???
Old 3/2/06, 08:40 AM
Cobra Member

One other option needed is a power passenger seat! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] If thoses extra options were to become available it would cause me to consider one as a new daily in spring of O7. Presently I'm thinking Fusion or MKZ, possibly the Edge.

I tend to believe offering to many options on a Mustang would cut into sales of Fusion and MKZ by Ford's way of thinking and therefore may not go that route. Although having more offerings could help sales overall. So I hope they do so.
Old 3/2/06, 09:21 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
<div align="center"><span style="color:red"><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">2007 Mustang Option Groups</span></span></div>
Comfort Group: Homelink Rearview Mirror, Heated Seats, 6-Way Power Passenger Seat

Premier Interior Trim: Soft-Touch on IP, Console & Arm Rest, Aluminum Pedals

Color Accent Package: Replaces ISAP, Includes Contrasting Color Cloth Seats

Driver Ornamentation Package: Fleet Only, Old ISAP

GT Appearance Package: Hood Scoop, Chrome Rolled Exhaust Tips, Intake Cover with Inset Pony

Black Dash Panel: Canceled, May Return for Job 2

Chamois is a new light tan interior color; I hear it looks awesome.

California Special will have two-tone leather seats, but no suede inserts. Available in black/camel or black/dove. The GT/CS will come with 64W Bullitt wheels.

The spoiler we saw on the Grabber Orange V6 will be part of the V6 Exterior Sport Appearance Package only. It will not be an option on GT, and it will not be available until Job 2.
Old 3/2/06, 09:50 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 2, 2006, 11:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
<div align="center"><span style="color:red"><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">2007 Mustang Option Groups</span></span></div>
Comfort Group: Homelink Rearview Mirror, Heated Seats, 6-Way Power Passenger Seat

Premier Interior Trim: Soft-Touch on IP, Console & Arm Rest, Aluminum Pedals

Color Accent Package: Replaces ISAP, Includes Contrasting Color Cloth Seats

Driver Ornamentation Package: Fleet Only, Old ISAP

GT Appearance Package: Hood Scoop, Chrome Rolled Exhaust Tips, Intake Cover with Inset Pony

Black Dash Panel: Canceled, May Return for Job 2

Chamois is a new light tan interior color; I hear it looks awesome.

California Special will have two-tone leather seats, but no suede inserts. Available in black/camel or black/dove. The GT/CS will come with 64W Bullitt wheels.

The spoiler we saw on the Grabber Orange V6 will be part of the V6 Exterior Sport Appearance Package only. It will not be an option on GT, and it will not be available until Job 2.
[/b][/quote]

AWESOME INFO!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] I like the Premium interior package, but that's about it. i don't see the need for the other stuff... Hmmmm. Should I wait or go for it now????

Incidentally, what's the "soft touch" like? Is it a feel or a texture thing?
Old 3/2/06, 09:53 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It's a feel thing. It's kind of like a leather covering.
Old 3/2/06, 10:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 2, 2006, 11:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's a feel thing. It's kind of like a leather covering.
[/b][/quote]

Since I've never really fondled the inside of a current Stang... I'm going to say pass. Although I like the aluminum pedals....

I had a covering similar tio that on a 1984 Supra and it did not hold up very well to wear and tear. I ended up covering it with a soft towel.

How easy would it be to get the Homelink mirror aftermarket and install it? Same question for aluminum pedals...

And just to satisfy my HP hunger... We don't expect any "modest" gains in HP for a 2007 stock GT.. Right?

Quick Reply: ORDER CODES FOR 2007 MUSTANGS!