Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, you experienced GT owners...

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/05, 12:13 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Newbie here.
Pay no mind to my post count since 99% of them have been posted right after my daily electric shock treatment.

There's a 5-spd premium GT on my scope. You might be asking yourself... SO?

So, since there's been a few setbacks to say the least, production holds, a lawsuit, paint peeling, and more TSBs than the ticking-clunking-vibing '01 Cobra, you can understand my apprehesion on taking the jump or not.

Any BS will be rewarded with a death sentence, and keep in mind the financial liabilities of your comments since you'll be dealing with an avid Law & Order junkie.

TIA for you help and comments.
Old 2/12/05, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go for it!!!! if you have the dough do it now i certainly would if i was fortunate enough to be in that position. It may not be anywhere near as fast as that cobra but it is still a very cool ride this is from my own experiance test driving one.
Old 2/12/05, 12:55 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I have had mine since Dec2. All I can say, is that I have never enjoyed driving a vehicle as much as I enjoy driving my Stang. She has over 3000 miles on her now, and each mile caused huge grins. We take her everywhere. If we go down the street we drive the Stang, we drive to Vegas, we take the Stang. My husband has a big, roomy truck. We take the Stang. LOL
Old 2/12/05, 12:59 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
George, you know you're going to buy it only to change for an 06 because you didn't like the colour.
Say from white to black..

Its up to you man, you have awsome cars, so unless you're really chomping at the bit to get one, you have time on your side right?
Old 2/12/05, 01:31 PM
FR500 Member

Don't read much into "problems" My motto is this:

Don't make other people's problems or gripes your own!

Works for me, I don't seem to have all these "problems" other people seem to have

(except for that every once in a blue moon while parking clunk in the front end)
Old 2/12/05, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

George, we go way BACK....IMBOC. Blue oval. I believe that there are fewer issues than the Bullitt with this car even being first year really is better quality. I can't imagine you would not be pleased. Good luck B)
Old 2/12/05, 03:19 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

George....you KNOW I'll only feed you crap but here it goes anyway:

The car is awesome. You know I've driven all the current mustangs. Let me tell you, this one is by far the most comfortable, solid car of them all. Interior room is FANTASTIC! I don't need to go into looks etc. because you've seen it.

As far as issues.....only ones I have are squeeking brakes sometimes and a small noise from the dash when I'm running the heat.

Other than that, I think Ford hit a homerun. I mean, take a look at the site, there really isn't that many problems....all the same minor ones like the two I mentioned. I think you really can't go wrong here.

So, enough talking already......join the club man!

Dan
Old 2/12/05, 04:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well....really don't qualify for a response since I don't have mine yet but i sure am not thinking of cancelling my order.
Old 2/12/05, 09:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Took delivery Nov. 17th. So far 4,000 miles and NO problems at all. Looks, performance, quality .. this car has it all.

The most satisfying vehicle purchase I have ever made.
Old 2/12/05, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

You're not going to wait for the new Cobra? :shock:
Old 2/12/05, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

George, had the car since Dec 16th a little over 2,000 miles on it. I agree with the above posts, the car is awsome for the money. This redesigned Mustang is a hit, from the semi retro styling to performance. At this stage in my life it is everything I want and need from a car. Because I want driving to be more than just going from point A to point B. I want it to be fun and exciting, and this car gives that to me. It is what it is, a muscle car and that makes me happy to own it. Good luck on your choice.
Old 2/13/05, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

It's nice to read so many positive comments on this car, as I wait for mine to be delivered in a week or so. It's a big risk buying the first issue of new model.
Old 2/13/05, 09:11 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@February 12, 2005, 1:58 PM
I have had mine since Dec2. All I can say, is that I have never enjoyed driving a vehicle as much as I enjoy driving my Stang. She has over 3000 miles on her now, and each mile caused huge grins. We take her everywhere. If we go down the street we drive the Stang, we drive to Vegas, we take the Stang. My husband has a big, roomy truck. We take the Stang. LOL

Don't wait. I have been a sideline Mustang fan for years. In 04' I saw pics of the 05' and some how I knew I would get it. Even though I always said I would never buy a Ford. Please don't take offense, because I drove the Mustang GT in November. Right then I knew it was going to be mine. Ended up waiting 6 weeks, but it was so worth the wait.

This is the best car I have ever driven and I have driven BMW, Mercedes, Corvettes and many other top cars. NONE of them compare. This is a true race car. I know you hear about problems, but put them out of your mind. My car has had only one minor issue, the right side passenger air vent makes a little noise on rough road, once in a while. I will be taking it in to get it fixed. Warranty, warranty, warranty.

I can't stop driving it. I wake up on the weekends and thats all I want to do. This has to be the best Mustang Ford has ever made. My tags will be "05 P51" or "05 FSTBK". Sure some have more power or more this or that, but none of them feel the way this car does. The frame is so stiff, the steering so tight and the power. Don't wait, you won't regret it. I promise.
Old 2/13/05, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by Redzz2005GT@February 13, 2005, 11:14 AM

Don't wait...
... Don't wait, you won't regret it. I promise.
Waiting makes sense in my case. For one, I can save enough to finance 45-50% with a discount and possible rebates rather than of 90% of MSRP now, just for waiting 8 or 9 months. Second, my wife will be getting a GT vert. Buying two cars from the dealer on the same day has proven to be a good bargaining chip for me in the past.
Old 2/13/05, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, regarding the issues that are being had right now, I wouldn't rush from a cobra into an 05 GT, if I were you I'd wait for the new Cobra to be introduced, and decide from there... yeah the 05 is awesome, but it won't compare to the next Cobra. Of course, I'll enjoy my 05 for quite awhile. First mustang for me, so the starting level is just right for me.
Old 2/13/05, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I have had mine since 1st week of Jan and have a couple of issues (1200Miles) :

1) Global Window up/dwn feature (resolved)

2) Loose leather upolstry on passenger's seat (resolved)

3) Exhaust rattle on cold start - possibly heat shield; temporarily resolved (it came back after a week of being gone).

4) Rattle in dash when car is in cold environment (40 F or below).. Seems like its near /above the glove box area... Have not addressed this yet with the dealer...
Old 2/13/05, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by WBstangGT@February 13, 2005, 11:37 AM
Personally, regarding the issues that are being had right now, I wouldn't rush from a cobra into an 05 GT, if I were you I'd wait for the new Cobra to be introduced, and decide from there...
My Cobra is not part of the equation, that's why I have the advantage of patience. And yes, taking the unveiling of the new Cobra in to account will carry a lot of weight in my decision. I'll have a better idea once we know what the new Cobra will be all about.
Old 2/13/05, 10:15 AM
V6 Member

Preordered my GT stick last summer, took delivery Oct. 22nd, 1100 miles (not my daily driver).
I love this car!
Yes it has some quirks including sometime rattle in seam at passenger airbag and brake squeek. However the pluses FAR outweigh the negative!
Great styling inside and out, V-8 power :worship: , sweet shifting stick, rear wheel drive and good gas mileage (~22 mpg if you stay out of the power). Also cool red seats!
This comming from a longetime multiple Honda owner!
Old 2/13/05, 01:20 PM
GT Member

I've had mine since 12/23, 2300+miles. No problems, no complaints, its a joy to drive.
Old 2/13/05, 01:30 PM
GTR Member

R u gonna trade the bullit in or keep all current cars and just add more to the garage?

Quick Reply: OK, you experienced GT owners...