2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

OK I've had enough of this !

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/05, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if Ford still does this, but when I had intermittent problems with my 91 Stang (losing power intermittently on acceleration), they hooked up some kind of a recording computer to the car (in the kick panel where the car computer is). The recorder read all sensor values etc, and whenever I experienced the problem I was supposed to note the time/day. After a week, they removed the computer, read the stats (codes, sensor readings, etc.) for the time period around when I said the problem was happening, and they were able to identify the problem (in my case, the MAF sensor was acting wierd). They replaced the part, and I didn't have any more problems. Just a thought... I agree, it is a VERY dangerous situation when it happens, especially when you are trying to cross lanes of traffic, or merging into a through-lane from a stop. Best of luck with your new car.
Old 6/18/05, 08:29 PM
GT Member

Yep same thing happened to me, twice in the last two weeks... I hate when my wife asks about the car noises (you know, the vibrating transmission plate that's still vibrating after the bolts were installed, the diff whine, etc ...) then this "What's wrong with your car" look...
Old 6/18/05, 08:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine,May 10, 2005, 7:38 AM
???....
To throw rocks at?....
My friends brand new scion is just fineeeeeeee. No problems.
[/quote]

Just me but I could have a ton more problems with my mustang before I would even think about a scion. Maybe Its just me but I bought the mustang because its an american made ford mustang. Its sad to hear people are so upset with their mustang. I worked for ford as a mechanic for years before i Joined the military and I couldnt dream of owning anything else.