2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

OK I've had enough of this !

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/05, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My GT has done it but only three times in 3,000 miles. Always after a long cruise on the expressway...I pull off and stop at a stop sign and then immediately hit the gas moderately hard. Coughs for maybe a half second and then takes off.

Won't do it, if I pause at the stop OR press the gas slowly.

Other than some differential noise on deceleration at 45 mph car is solid.

Still a winner!

Ted
Old 5/10/05, 08:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by exc911ence+May 8, 2005, 10:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(exc911ence @ May 8, 2005, 10:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 05V6@May 8, 2005, 6:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-exc911ence
@May 8, 2005, 6:25 PM
Mine did it today... only seems to do it when accelerating hard in a low gear with the TC on. It's like a carb hiccups when too much gas is poured in when you floor it. It is pretty annoying.

And you have a GT, so it occurs on the 4.6 also, probably not to the extent the 4.0 is having the problem. The reason I have had it, is because today I almost got rear ended when my Mustang decided to lay down, not good!!
Yeah, and it's a 5-speed too. Had the dealer reflash the computer once and it went away... until this afternoon. The TC was turned on at the time since I'd forgotten to hit the button upon start-up. I'm going to try the Chrysler trick next time I take it out.

GottaHaveIt: (OT) You've already put 2000kms on your car in 2 weeks?? I've had mine since early March and it's only at 2800kms!
[/b][/quote]
Sorry I lied it was 1848 likos last night when I filled up at Cobble Hill Pay Less and the price there said 99.9 pr litre but at the pump was 96.9 so 5 cent lower nice huh !
Old 5/10/05, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a GT, automatic - luckily have never had this problem.
Old 5/10/05, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Hmm perhaps this hesitation issue explains something I've noticed. Since I've been driving automatics for years since my last std shift I chalked up some first gear hesitation and balking with my V6 manual as operator error but now I wonder. Occasionally (actually frequently) when I start off - whether hot or cold - in first gear the car bucks and jerks if I let my foot up at all from pressing down on the accelerator before clutching for 2nd. So long as I am increasing the acceleration it's fine. Second gear doesn't seem to be affected this way nor any others.

What do you guys think?????
Old 5/10/05, 09:36 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I think that explanation worked the first time I took Ellie in...So fine, I drove her ***** to the wall all the time.....
Nope- Choke puke....
Silly Woman- Mustangs are for men!

I am mustangless and Angry...... :bang:
Old 5/10/05, 09:50 AM
GT Member

I have a 02 Mazda tribute, this problem has occured on the tribute several times. I have taken it into the shop to have it looked at. Each time the service department finds a code in the computer and they replace something. The tribute has been into the shop no less than 5 times and 5 times they replace something. Some of the parts that have been changed are the entire computer, the fuel sensor, the throttle body etc... and it is still occuring. :bang: I am trading that car in on something new here soon.

Good luck to those with this problem, I hope ford has a better fix than Mazda.
Old 5/10/05, 09:53 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

1word: SCION
Old 5/10/05, 10:28 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 10, 2005, 9:56 AM

???....
To throw rocks at?....
Old 5/10/05, 11:35 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Burke0011+May 10, 2005, 10:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ May 10, 2005, 10:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@May 10, 2005, 9:56 AM

???....
To throw rocks at?....
[/b][/quote]

My friends brand new scion is just fineeeeeeee. No problems.
Old 5/10/05, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Drivetime@May 10, 2005, 7:38 AM
Hmm perhaps this hesitation issue explains something I've noticed. Since I've been driving automatics for years since my last std shift I chalked up some first gear hesitation and balking with my V6 manual as operator error but now I wonder. Occasionally (actually frequently) when I start off - whether hot or cold - in first gear the car bucks and jerks if I let my foot up at all from pressing down on the accelerator before clutching for 2nd. So long as I am increasing the acceleration it's fine. Second gear doesn't seem to be affected this way nor any others.

What do you guys think?????
I have this same issue on my car, the first gear buck and jerk thing. I hate it! Any solutions?
Old 5/10/05, 12:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 10, 2005, 9:39 AM
I think that explanation worked the first time I took Ellie in...So fine, I drove her ***** to the wall all the time.....
Nope- Choke puke....
Silly Woman- Mustangs are for men!

I am mustangless and Angry...... :bang:
Don't feel alone I as well am MustangLess but Happy as it is not life threatening Yet, I took mine in for a tiny defect and the Mad Shopping cart that got away from a 911 Porche owner, then I went up stairs got in anther and cuffed myself to the wheel ok you can take it and some inner guilt thing declined and took the Transit Bus so nice to have a Driver. Hopefully your Ellie will be back in Mommys hot little hands soon. Chin Up
Old 5/10/05, 12:28 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

This blows. :angry:
Her whole life I have never been far from her. I watched her come off the truck, get detailed and driven onto the showroom floor.
Even before she came home I visited her twice a week!
I never even park her where I can't see her from the store.

And she's getting mangled up right now in the car hospital, and I betcha dollars to donuts they say:we couldn't find anything wrong.
Old 5/10/05, 05:08 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 10, 2005, 5:19 AM
I didn't begin to tick till I cracked 7,500 miles.......Then again it took me 7,500 miles for Alabama hot weather to hit. I still only use the AC to cool down the car then I roll down the window...So it doesn't much account for it.

Brakes embarassed me from day 1.

Had shaker replaced in March(trouble free now)

Hesitates on Acceleration=like its hiccuping

POPS when I put it in park

Has trouble going in reverse.

Has anyone noticed its mainly the job 1 mustangs acting a fool? Most of us with issues took delivery before Christmas.
Thats a good observation, my Stang rolled off the line 11/04/04, do you think they made a change on subsequent builds...hhhmmmm
Old 5/10/05, 09:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 10, 2005, 12:31 PM
This blows. :angry:
Her whole life I have never been far from her. I watched her come off the truck, get detailed and driven onto the showroom floor.
Even before she came home I visited her twice a week!
I never even park her where I can't see her from the store.

And she's getting mangled up right now in the car hospital, and I betcha dollars to donuts they say:we couldn't find anything wrong.
April
I would suggest you and others purchase a shop manual for your car and devote some quality time to reading it. This is one thing you really have to make you mind up to do. We all start some where. Most of us boys at the bottom and learn the trial and error method on our motorbikes, cranky lawn mower and later on that old ride we wanted to go fast. I have read sections of mine and when I go to the dealer I know what I am talking about because I reread the approbate section the night before. Your service adviser has to know a little about all Ford cars. You only have to concentrate on one and that will make you much better informed than him. You should see their face when you tell them precisely what is wrong and what page number to reference in the shop manual. I wish I had a key to their computer so I could read the service codes. I will work on that one. On my last visit with another car I found one real smart Tech. That had purchased a GT for himself. He knows his stuff.
Old 5/10/05, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

My 78 Mustang II has the same problem, Im not worried. As long as I ain't "found on road dead" Im fine!
Old 5/10/05, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well It hurt to see this open surgury here but at least it aint a human ?
Old 5/11/05, 04:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

My 4.6 has hesitated a few times but only when first started. I chalked it up to the engine not being warmed up a little.
Old 5/11/05, 05:02 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am tentatively pleased with the diagnosis......
Fix Eleanor, you keep me happy.

BUT I can't get it to hesitate on command no matter how hard I try. Tried twice now-both times she said I ain't gonna!
Old 5/11/05, 06:31 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 11, 2005, 5:05 AM

BUT I can't get it to hesitate on command no matter how hard I try. Tried twice now-both times she said I ain't gonna!
If your car acts like mine does, you will have to drive it at pretty steady state speed for about 20 to thirty minutes. You'll have to take it up on 65 with a tech with you and cruise. Try not to make too many throttle inputs, it will do it at the first off ramp. Good luck.
Old 5/11/05, 07:07 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by 05V6+May 11, 2005, 6:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05V6 @ May 11, 2005, 6:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@May 11, 2005, 5:05 AM

If your car acts like mine does, you will have to drive it at pretty steady state speed for about 20 to thirty minutes. You'll have to take it up on 65 with a tech with you and cruise. Try not to make too many throttle inputs, it will do it at the first off ramp. Good luck.
[/b][/quote]

I got her to a yellow blur on 65 yesterday. 12 miles of fun. She did everything but hesitate. Only usually when she's cold and first out of the garage.