2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

OK I've had enough of this !

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/05, 09:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mike McRann+May 8, 2005, 8:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike McRann @ May 8, 2005, 8:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-05V6@May 8, 2005, 4:00 PM
:notnice: I'm pretty much tired of the way my 05 falls on it's face whenever it feels like doing it! You guys all know the drill, after coming to a stop, usually after a high speed cruise on the interstate, my Mustang starts to go, then falls on it's face only to recover very quickly. Now something is WRONG with these cars! Is FORD listening???? Doesn't matter if the traction control is on or not, it will do it without notice. As I said seems to pretty much be a given that after a run on the interstate, the next complete stop, it will fall on it's face when you TRY to move. Ford should know by now that this is a problem, and they should have a fix in the works. I call my dealer, and he says, Ford has nothing in the data base on this problem, WTF!!!! :bang: Do any of you folks have any info on this problem? Seems most of the time you folks know more about what is happening inside Ford than Ford does. Oh ya it's a V6 with auto, and traction control, other than this problem, I love this car!!!!!
I've never had any problem like this with my 05 Mustang GT. All I can suggest is taking the car to the dealer and ask them to find the problem and fix it.
Posting a message letting people know about a problem is a good idea in that it lets other owners know about problems to watch out for...but other then that it doesn't do you any good in fixing the problem by posting on the internet.

It's kind of like posting a message here when you have chest pain and asking us what the problem is when it's in your best interest to go the the hospital.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks for your insight Mike, so I guess we only post all the glory of driving an 05 Mustang and leave all the problems many of us are having for the dealer to fiqure out. Or as is the norm, let the dealer shrug their collective shoulders and say "It works fine for us". Thanks Mike happy motoring there bud.....and that pain...it's not in my chest it's a little lower and to the rear, if you get my drift.
Old 5/8/05, 09:30 PM
GT Member

Man,

I am surprised with so many people having various problems ford does not have a recall??? I have not really noticed anything too unusual with my car yet but I haven't really drivin it much and I drive very casual anyway's. I am sure there are some underlying issues but nothing Ive noticed. I can say I will be pissed if I start noticing problems. Based on the reviews of this new mustang I can honestly say I am surprised there would have been this many problems even for a 1st model year. Ford should start to focus on quality control rather then rushing to get orders filled or the dealers service centers will be piled to the ceiling with 05's.
Old 5/8/05, 09:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
OH Great does this mean I have a suprise in store I've got about 2,000 kilometers on it and nothing like that as yet ? about what kilos or miles have people started to take notice as the more we can find out it may help Ford with its fix of thus said problem.
Old 5/8/05, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 05V6+May 8, 2005, 8:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05V6 @ May 8, 2005, 8:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mike McRann@May 8, 2005, 8:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-05V6
@May 8, 2005, 4:00 PM
:notnice: I'm pretty much tired of the way my 05 falls on it's face whenever it feels like doing it! You guys all know the drill, after coming to a stop, usually after a high speed cruise on the interstate, my Mustang starts to go, then falls on it's face only to recover very quickly. Now something is WRONG with these cars! Is FORD listening???? Doesn't matter if the traction control is on or not, it will do it without notice. As I said seems to pretty much be a given that after a run on the interstate, the next complete stop, it will fall on it's face when you TRY to move. Ford should know by now that this is a problem, and they should have a fix in the works. I call my dealer, and he says, Ford has nothing in the data base on this problem, WTF!!!! :bang: Do any of you folks have any info on this problem? Seems most of the time you folks know more about what is happening inside Ford than Ford does. Oh ya it's a V6 with auto, and traction control, other than this problem, I love this car!!!!!

I've never had any problem like this with my 05 Mustang GT. All I can suggest is taking the car to the dealer and ask them to find the problem and fix it.
Posting a message letting people know about a problem is a good idea in that it lets other owners know about problems to watch out for...but other then that it doesn't do you any good in fixing the problem by posting on the internet.

It's kind of like posting a message here when you have chest pain and asking us what the problem is when it's in your best interest to go the the hospital.
Thanks for your insight Mike, so I guess we only post all the glory of driving an 05 Mustang and leave all the problems many of us are having for the dealer to fiqure out. Or as is the norm, let the dealer shrug their collective shoulders and say "It works fine for us". Thanks Mike happy motoring there bud.....and that pain...it's not in my chest it's a little lower and to the rear, if you get my drift.
[/b][/quote]

If I offended you I'm sorry as that was not my intent. I have a few things going on with my car that the dealer is going to take care of when the parts come in. But the things I'm dealing with are not safety related like your issue with the car losing power, or April's issue with a loose steering wheel.

If any of those things happened with my car it would go to the dealer for service as soon as possible.
As to my comment comparing chest pain and someone going online looking for help with a driver of a car with mechanical problems doing the same thing, I was trying to make a point...take the car (or yourself) to a professional (doctor or mechanic) to find out what the problem is.
Old 5/8/05, 09:48 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My only issue is every time I bring Ellie in, the good ole boys at the service department where I got her basically tell me I am a woman and don't know any better.
I already had it in for this issue in January when it freaked out on backing up.

I did get my shaker fixed, but the dealer uses independent contractors for it.
Old 5/8/05, 09:54 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by sharkstang@May 8, 2005, 9:33 PM
Man,

I am surprised with so many people having various problems ford does not have a recall??? I have not really noticed anything too unusual with my car yet but I haven't really drivin it much and I drive very casual anyway's. I am sure there are some underlying issues but nothing Ive noticed. I can say I will be pissed if I start noticing problems. Based on the reviews of this new mustang I can honestly say I am surprised there would have been this many problems even for a 1st model year. Ford should start to focus on quality control rather then rushing to get orders filled or the dealers service centers will be piled to the ceiling with 05's.
It's the nature of this problem, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 the highest priority, this problem would be around a 10. It is VERY intermittant, most folks don't drive their cars in a manner to get it to malfunction ( I can get it to malfunction, I even know at this point when it is very likely to malfunction, but this is just my car other cars may be different) Anyway, I have to keep the throttle basically in one position for about 20 minutes (as in interstate driving) before it will malfunction. So if I don't drive for extended periods cruising with very little change in throttle input, my car works fine. In fact, I have been living with it, my motivation today was the car behind me, that came very close to being in my back seat because of this hiccup. There is another factor at work here, we (Mustang owners) are reluctant to have strangers wrenching on our babies, or worse, to be without your baby because the service department has it. So we tend to live with the minor intermittant problems. Of course this is a problem in that Ford doesn't get a good look at just how wide spread a problem may be. I guess in effect we are shooting ourselfs in the foot. This is why my dealer says that Ford knows nothing about it.
Old 5/8/05, 09:57 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mike McRann+May 8, 2005, 9:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike McRann @ May 8, 2005, 9:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 05V6@May 8, 2005, 8:22 PM
Originally posted by Mike McRann@May 8, 2005, 8:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-05V6
@May 8, 2005, 4:00 PM

If I offended you I'm sorry as that was not my intent. I have a few things going on with my car that the dealer is going to take care of when the parts come in. But the things I'm dealing with are not safety related like your issue with the car losing power, or April's issue with a loose steering wheel.

If any of those things happened with my car it would go to the dealer for service as soon as possible.
As to my comment comparing chest pain and someone going online looking for help with a driver of a car with mechanical problems doing the same thing, I was trying to make a point...take the car (or yourself) to a professional (doctor or mechanic) to find out what the problem is.
[/b][/quote]
No Mike, no problem, not offended just having a little fun with it. Take care...
Old 5/8/05, 10:10 PM

My wife has the V6 also and I have noticed this problem of power dipping from a slow stop. I have found that if I turn off the overdrive while driving in the city the car does not power dip anymore. When I turn the OD back on it starts dipping again. Hope this helps.
Old 5/8/05, 10:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 8, 2005, 8:51 PM
My only issue is every time I bring Ellie in, the good ole boys at the service department where I got her basically tell me I am a woman and don't know any better.
I already had it in for this issue in January when it freaked out on backing up.

I did get my shaker fixed, but the dealer uses independent contractors for it.
The dealers here do the same thing...they have an independant contractor working on the radios...and the person is only at the dealer from 11am to 1pm on weekdays, so the only way I'd be able to take car of the Shaker is to leave the car after work and get a rental...and this would happen twice, once to get it checked out, and the second time when they put the new one in the car.

To get the Shaker checked out I was able to get off a few hours early one day...but when the front end parts come in the car goes to the dealer in the evening and get a rental for a day.

As to the problems with the service department you have, I would try a different dealership's service department.
I've had problems with service departments (taking all day for an oil change...scheduling warrenty work, taking the car in and waiting a few hours only to find out they couldn't do the work that day), so I went to another dealer and got better service...(oil changes done in less then an hour, warrenty work done when scheduled).
Old 5/8/05, 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05V6+May 8, 2005, 6:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05V6 @ May 8, 2005, 6:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-exc911ence@May 8, 2005, 6:25 PM
Mine did it today... only seems to do it when accelerating hard in a low gear with the TC on. It's like a carb hiccups when too much gas is poured in when you floor it. It is pretty annoying.
And you have a GT, so it occurs on the 4.6 also, probably not to the extent the 4.0 is having the problem. The reason I have had it, is because today I almost got rear ended when my Mustang decided to lay down, not good!!
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, and it's a 5-speed too. Had the dealer reflash the computer once and it went away... until this afternoon. The TC was turned on at the time since I'd forgotten to hit the button upon start-up. I'm going to try the Chrysler trick next time I take it out.

GottaHaveIt: (OT) You've already put 2000kms on your car in 2 weeks?? I've had mine since early March and it's only at 2800kms!
Old 5/8/05, 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by donkey+May 8, 2005, 9:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(donkey @ May 8, 2005, 9:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not to jump on another "something is wrong" bandwagon, but this has happend to me a few times. Each time it was on a downshift and the engine seemed to miss or just die for a second. Has not happened since it has warmed up though...going to be asking dealer about this at the 15k service. I thought this was a pretty known issue with a tsb/fix already released?
[/b]

Originally posted by 05V6@May 8, 2005, 9:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sharkstang
@May 8, 2005, 9:33 PM
Man,

It's the nature of this problem, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 the highest priority, this problem would be around a 10. It is VERY intermittant, most folks don't drive their cars in a manner to get it to malfunction ( I can get it to malfunction, I even know at this point when it is very likely to malfunction, but this is just my car other cars may be different) Anyway, I have to keep the throttle basically in one position for about 20 minutes (as in interstate driving) before it will malfunction. So if I don't drive for extended periods cruising with very little change in throttle input, my car works fine. In fact, I have been living with it, my motivation today was the car behind me, that came very close to being in my back seat because of this hiccup. There is another factor at work here, we (Mustang owners) are reluctant to have strangers wrenching on our babies, or worse, to be without your baby because the service department has it. So we tend to live with the minor intermittant problems. Of course this is a problem in that Ford doesn't get a good look at just how wide spread a problem may be. I guess in effect we are shooting ourselfs in the foot. This is why my dealer says that Ford knows nothing about it.
[/quote]

Ok I came off the freeway a couple of weeks ago and came to the stop sign.... stoped...
Went to go across against on coming traffic and it happened... but again a second later it kicked in...
Thank God I didn't get hit by on coming traffic.....
It was kind of scary....
I agree this is a priority 10 issue.
Old 5/8/05, 10:46 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I have never experienced this in my gt with manual transmission. 3900 miles on it now.
Old 5/8/05, 10:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have 21,000 miles....
Old 5/9/05, 04:57 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I replaced the muffler with the MagnaFlow Axleback and have not had the problem of hesitation since.
Old 5/9/05, 05:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

They have a ragged up yellow mustang at my dealer for sale-- She's like the neighborhood bike, everyone has taken her for a ride. PLUS she sat in a grocery store on display for a month. I would love to take it while my poor sick Eleanor got all her bugs worked out.

There is a HUGE ford dealer 1/2 hour from me that I am in pretty good with. If the good ole boys give me the runaround I will be taking her there.

My hubby said I HAVE to bring her in today cause he's worried for my safety with all this BS going on. There is NO reason for her to be pulling to the left, with every single problem I am having coming from the front left side(brake squeal,tick,pop). I haven't ran over anything, I haven't dumped her over, or jumped a curb. The hesitation I notice when I drive her like Earnhardt. Only notice it in Stop and go traffic.

Problem being- When I took her in for the hesitation and the odd tranny problem, I took the service guy on the test drive of his life and my danged Eleanor didn't act up once.
Old 5/9/05, 09:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm taking mine unit in for some paint work and I could use a loaner for an hour or two so just to be on the safe side I'll take a set of police hand cuffs I have and sit in the GT tester and cuff myself to the wheel Umm I don't have the key so now you'll have to loan it to me for a bit.
Old 5/9/05, 11:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Gee im getting nervous about getting a 06,sure hope all these problems are worked out by next fall.Has anyone had a trouble free 05 yet?
Old 5/10/05, 12:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

never had a problem with that here, well only when TC is on
Old 5/10/05, 04:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 9, 2005, 11:22 PM
...Has anyone had a trouble free 05 yet?
I hesitate to say it (don't want to jinx myself) but no problems of a mechanical nature after two months and almost 900 miles. No ticking or popping from the front end, no skipping CDs, no trouble filling the gas tank.

Being a first year car, however, I did purchase an extended warrantly. In the past I have felt they are overpriced and took my chances without one. Since there is so much to go wrong with these cars I went with the warrantly this time.
Old 5/10/05, 05:16 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I didn't begin to tick till I cracked 7,500 miles.......Then again it took me 7,500 miles for Alabama hot weather to hit. I still only use the AC to cool down the car then I roll down the window...So it doesn't much account for it.

Brakes embarassed me from day 1.

Had shaker replaced in March(trouble free now)

Hesitates on Acceleration=like its hiccuping

POPS when I put it in park

Has trouble going in reverse.

Has anyone noticed its mainly the job 1 mustangs acting a fool? Most of us with issues took delivery before Christmas.