2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ok, I Gotta Admit

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/04, 12:06 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got an update from my dealer... My car is still on scheduled to be built on 11/22...

But, going through all these posts, and seeing everyone getting thier cars, I am just green with envy. I want my baby! I know, Patience is a virtue.. But, I am not a virtuous gal darnitt!

I have been looking all all the dealerships within a 300 mile radius of me, and I cant find the exact car I ordered. So, if I do break down and go get it somewhere else, I will be settling... for either no My Color, or V6, or light graphite interior, or cloth seats, or something...

I dont know if I am going to survive the next 3-6 weeks waiting for my car.

Am I the only one who is so jealous instead of thumbs up to those on the road, I am muttering under my breath explatives? I mean, I am excited to see them, and happy for those that have them, but... darn it, I WANT MINE!

Ok, rant over, back to your regularly scheduled program.
Old 11/16/04, 12:08 PM
GT Member

You think you got it bad, ...how 'bout we who ordered Verts ???
Old 11/16/04, 12:12 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Or how about people like me that ordered in May and will be getting our cars in a few weeks. You think you have it bad, I am on medication and soon will be moved into a padded cell.
Old 11/16/04, 12:13 PM
FR500 Member

Jessica... don't settle. Especially on the V-6. Trust me, the GT is well worth the wait. That's easy for me... I got my car 4 weeks ago. But trust me... don't settle. Just wait it out... will be well worth it in the end.

And by the way, I have my car and I still get jealous. I saw my first Mustang the other day... satin silver GT... passed right by me. I was like, "what the... I thought I was the only one". And it's only gonna get worse.
Old 11/16/04, 12:15 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just be patient... 6 months from now you will regret settling on a V6 auto as opposed to your car.
Old 11/16/04, 12:17 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

At least your not seeing verts on the road! I have to look at pics of my car on here, I have to see them on the road... and have to literally talk myself down from driving to the local dealer and buying one at MSRP or more.
Old 11/16/04, 12:19 PM
Cobra Member

Stay strong. Don't do it. Doooon't....
Old 11/16/04, 12:22 PM
FR500 Member

Well Jessica, look at it this way the ONLY way you are going to get yours EXACTLY how you ordered it, is wait for the 4-5 weeks it'll take to get there.

I'm right there with ya, build date the same as yours..... it's getting closer though, 4-5 weeks ain't nuthin. before you know it, you'll be driving it!

I know darn well there is no way I can settle on this car, I want everything I ordered and I'm not about to let the twisted psychology of "Got to have it NOW" win over on this one.

I'll race you to the finish line
Old 11/16/04, 12:22 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Thanks guys... I am glad I am not one that ordered in May and still waiting. I think I would have caved a long time ago...

I can also admit that I want some of the attention you folks are getting!! I am not afraid to admit I am an attention *****, by the time I get mine, they will be common place...

I made hubby sit and watch all the commericals last night... again. LOL. He wants me to get my car just so he can have his wife back!

Adrenalin, I got some Haldol, Depacote, and Ambien... Dont ask me how, or why.... I can hook you up man!
Old 11/16/04, 12:25 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@November 16, 2004, 1:25 PM
Thanks guys... I am glad I am not one that ordered in May and still waiting. I think I would have caved a long time ago...

I can also admit that I want some of the attention you folks are getting!! I am not afraid to admit I am an attention *****, by the time I get mine, they will be common place...

I made hubby sit and watch all the commericals last night... again. LOL. He wants me to get my car just so he can have his wife back!

Adrenalin, I got some Haldol, Depacote, and Ambien... Dont ask me how, or why.... I can hook you up man!
I don't care how or why, all I care about is "Do you take VISA?"
Old 11/16/04, 12:29 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I have a couple of very dear Canadians friends... tell ya what, in honor of them, we can do a trade. I need some smokes, what do ya say???
Old 11/16/04, 12:30 PM
FR500 Member

Actually, I don't think they'll be commonplace until sometime next spring, I haven't seen one driving on the road yet around here. Don't worry you'll attract enough attention on your own, with or without that car
Old 11/16/04, 12:36 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

LOL SixtySix, thanks..

I'll race ya to the finish... But, I wont put any money on it. You AZ folks have been getting them sooner than us in So Cal. My dealers allocation is a mess, because all of his allocated were pre-ordered, and then they ended up with more orders than allocation... blech! Its a nightmare. If I had known better I would have ordered from a little podunk dealship in like central Cali, and I would have had it weeks ago.
Old 11/16/04, 12:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I know it stinks. My dealer said mine is enroute. I looked at his dealer inventory today and found this:

My Car

Why can't it be here. It has been enroute for a week now. He is checking into it to see where it is.
Old 11/16/04, 12:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Think of us that want a Mustang, but are not in a position yet to order/buy one.

You think you have it bad... <_<
Old 11/16/04, 12:47 PM
GT Member

I 've been waiting so long, that I feel like a neutered dog. Things that usually make me mad....nothing.
Things that usually make me happy....nothing. Things that make me sad....nothing. I don't even know how I make it through work each day. I had 60 of my favorite CD's stolen, and was I mad? Not really.
Feeling like this stinks. I know once I get my Stang (hopefully sometime this week) I'll get back into the groove of things. Most likely with an extra bounce to my step.

UNTIL THEN........nothing.
Old 11/16/04, 12:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell 'em Ghost!
Old 11/16/04, 12:51 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Oh, now see, if I couldnt even order one for months, I would just avoid anything Mustang. I have no patience as it is, and that would just drive me to drink.. wait, I already scare my canadian friends... suffice it to say it would drive me insane.

My dealer is sooooooooo nice about all of it. Calls me, placates me as best he can. He has gotten to the point where he just reads the screen from top to bottom for me, cuz he knows I will be calling otherwise! I cant believe he isnt avoiding me at all costs by now.

All of my friends now give me updates, "hey I saw a cool blue one.." to which I cant help but correct them, "Sonic Blue" without even thinking... Or, "that dealer has a dark grey with foglights" Again, I am muttering "Mineral Grey GT".

My best friend called one day a little confused (She's blonde, its not hard. j/k!!!) "The red they are using looks different on the V6 than the V8... how come?" Sigh. Torch Red, and Redfire are offered on both models...

Its an illness, maybe I should keep all my drugs for myself!
Old 11/16/04, 12:55 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I absolutely feel your pain tenfold.

Some stinkegg in my neighborhood has brought a silver one home, guess I gotta move now or go insane. Too bad it isn't a present for me

To boot: You all may remember the screaming yellow GT I talked about- 5k over sticker for 33k total.....NO Iup, No upgrades etc......

Today my mother and I were going to go to the mexican joint for lunch, and I glance over to where we were about to park, THAR SHE BLOWS. I feel bad for the person who bought it, but envious at the same time. After I collapsed in pain from it not being mine..... My mother was impressed, until I told her what they paid for it.

So that is a Total of THREE in my town so far, none mine. Dadblastit, and even if I wanted today, circumstances beyond my control have rendered it impossible for a few more months.
Old 11/16/04, 12:56 PM
FR500 Member

I wouldn't say an illness... more of an obsession.

Quick Reply: Ok, I Gotta Admit