2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ok experienced Mustang owners...need opinion

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/05, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a perfect world I would have a well lit side picture of a Tungsten Grey, windows down with the red leather interior, and stock wheels. My dilema is that I ordered an 06 Tungsten with the ICAP, but I am starting to reconsider based on some of the pics I have seen.

First I havent seen any legitamate coupes in "real" lighting, only high intensity show lighting. Second I dont know if the ICAP is going to look as good in the darker Tungsten as it does in the Satin Silver. I love the red leather, but the one thing that is holding me back is whether or not it will look good planted in my 06 GT. This is the biggest and most important car purchase I have ever made and I want to make sure its absolutely right. I have time to change my order but dont want to get locked in and then pissed off when its not to my liking.

Right now I am killing myself trying to decide:

SS with ICAP
TG with ICAP
TG with Dark Charcoal

Any feedback or help is appreciated beyond belief. Thanks
Old 8/1/05, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know what you mean, it is tough to order w/o seeing it first. If you like the icap that much, you should get it!
Michael
Old 8/1/05, 02:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone has doubts and does a double-take on their decisions. In my experience if you stick with your first instinct it all turns out for the best. It'll look great and you'll love it
Old 8/1/05, 02:47 PM
Cobra Member

I realize it is a different color, but I saw ICAP on mineral gray and I thought it looked great. I guess mineral gray is as close to tungsten as we had in '05, so if it is an indicator, I think it will look awesome. If it were me, I would probably go with my first instinct as well. I am not really a fan of the satin silver because, well to me, it is too satin.....not enough metallic and shine in it, but that is just one man's humble opinion.
Old 8/1/05, 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know how you feel, I was in the exact same boat when I order my 05 back in October last year. Mineral Grey with the ICAP. I though it might be too much, but when it arrived I couldn't have been happier and many people also think it is perfect.

Now I know you are talking a different colour, but I think it would look good. I say do it and love it when it gets here. Also, make sure you post some pictures.

PS, kinda stinks being the guinea (sp) pig doesn't it!
Old 8/1/05, 03:00 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
From the color combos I've seen so far, yours is probably the best if you like the red seats and inserts. My personal choice would be the dark charcoal but my preference is always the dark colors.
Old 8/1/05, 03:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Either one would be good with ICAP in my opinion. Your won't go wrong with either color in my opinion. If the 06 TG ends up close to the show car pictures shown during 2004, it will be a awesome color.

Have you considered also ordering the IUP ?

As others have mentioned, your 1st instincts are normally the route to go. Order what makes you happy and don't worry about the rest.

I have a 05 GT, SS, ICAP, IUP and Love It.
Old 8/1/05, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought the same thing about the Silver being to bland but I actually think it looks sharp now. Decisions decisions
Old 8/1/05, 03:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes I actually did get the IUP, Anti theft and the only other variable I am thinking about is upgrading to the fanblades. I ordered on Xplan so I could definetly hack the price, but I think the stock wheel color will almost match the TG perfectly. That and i am not a tire expert but I assume that the 17 inch tires will be a little less costly to replace.
Old 8/1/05, 03:25 PM
GT Member

Well, I've seen the ICAP in person (though not on Tungsten Grey) and I didn't like it at all. I'd go with Dark Charcoal. But again that's just my opinion. I'm also probably going with the cloth interior becuase it's cooler in summer and warmer in winter, and some people would say I'm nuts for that
Old 8/1/05, 03:32 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got Torch Red w/ ICAP. I will admit that the best color I've seen w/ ICAP is the Mineral Gray... The silver looks awesome too... What's this mean? Tungsten will look great too. Definately get the ICAP, you can't go wrong w/ either color. If me, I'd go TG.
Old 8/1/05, 03:33 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by grendel@August 1, 2005, 4:28 PM
Well, I've seen the ICAP in person (though not on Tungsten Grey) and I didn't like it at all. I'd go with Dark Charcoal. But again that's just my opinion. I'm also probably going with the cloth interior becuase it's cooler in summer and warmer in winter, and some people would say I'm nuts for that
:crazy:

j/k!
Old 8/1/05, 03:50 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@August 1, 2005, 4:36 PM
:crazy:
j/k!
Yeah, the leather looks 100x better, but after frying and freezing my hiney on the leather seats in my Honda for the last year (light grey yet) I think my wife's got a point when she keeps telling me to go cloth. Guess I need to make up my mind real soon since I'm going to order the car in about an hour
Old 8/1/05, 03:53 PM
I lust for a M24

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR ORDER!!!
Old 8/1/05, 04:09 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

You'll regret not getting the ICAP. If I could count the number of times people have complimented me on it. It just "makes" the interior IMO.
Old 8/1/05, 04:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Agreed... IMO the ICAP is the way to go.

I knew I wanted ICAP before I chose my exterior color... it's definitely a head-turner (and the red seats aren't as gaudy as they sound like they'd be ).
Old 8/1/05, 04:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I was going to get the ICAP in my car, until I saw it in person at the CA auto show last year. I then switched to the dark charcoal.

Go with your personal wants. I wanted a spoiler delete WAY before anyone thought it would look good. In fact, when I ordered my car that way...all the salesmen and some people on this board tried to talk me out of it. But after I got the car....the salesmen all said I made a better choice (well, maybe because they wanted me to buy the car still). But anyway, choose what you like. The Red and TG color combo could be sweet. BUT, if you are going to mod your car with a color scheme...you may want to reconsider. Alot more goes with black interior than red.

good luck
Old 8/1/05, 05:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@August 1, 2005, 5:53 PM
I was going to get the ICAP in my car, until I saw it in person at the CA auto show last year. I then switched to the dark charcoal.

Go with your personal wants. I wanted a spoiler delete WAY before anyone thought it would look good. In fact, when I ordered my car that way...all the salesmen and some people on this board tried to talk me out of it. But after I got the car....the salesmen all said I made a better choice (well, maybe because they wanted me to buy the car still). But anyway, choose what you like. The Red and TG color combo could be sweet. BUT, if you are going to mod your car with a color scheme...you may want to reconsider. Alot more goes with black interior than red.

good luck
Exactly what happened with my spoiler delete... salesman actually asked me "are you sure your gonna buy this car?"... like he would have trouble selling it without a spoiler!
Old 8/1/05, 06:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

The pictures that are flying around do not do the color justice.
They are taken with digital cameras which do not translate true color as well print film, not even close in my opinion. The color is awesome at worse. Get the ICAP and don't look back.
Piece of cake, right?

Good luck.
Old 8/1/05, 08:01 PM
GTR Member

My opinion is tungsten
icap :notnice: ...sorry but i prefer dark charcoal

Quick Reply: Ok experienced Mustang owners...need opinion