2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Not sure what's going on!

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/05, 03:48 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

OK, here goes:

Last week, the ERL said "As of March 24th, you unit is locked into production for the week of 3/21". Now she says "As of March 24th your unit is scheduled to be built the week of 3/21". She said this before I got the locked into production message too.

Checked last Wednesday with the dealer and his system showed "bucked". This morning his system still shows "bucked". Does this mean that my vehicle is stuck on the assembly line???

Now I don't know what to think, anybody have any idea what this means? I feel like I'm going backwards. :bang:
Old 3/28/05, 03:52 PM
Cobra Member

Maybe your dealership didn't want to check. Just wait, it will be over soon.
Old 3/28/05, 03:57 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Altoid@March 28, 2005, 5:55 PM
Maybe your dealership didn't want to check. Just wait, it will be over soon.
My husband works at their Lincoln Mercury dealer and he took a camera over to the Ford store so they could take pictures just in case he wasn't at work when it arrived. He saw the guy look it up, screen said "bucked".

Guess I'm just anxious, it's 71 degrees here today and when I ordered back in December I figured I'd have it by now as they told me 6-8 weeks.
Old 3/28/05, 04:10 PM

Yeah, they told me the same thing when I ordered back in December...but my order hasn't even been pulled yet!! :bang: :bang:

Hope yours gets delivered and mine gets pulled very soon!
Old 3/28/05, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good luck keep persisting w/ your dealer. Become a daily annoyance to them and they will finally FINALLY give you some answers.

Matt
Old 3/30/05, 10:17 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by groupset@March 28, 2005, 6:13 PM
Yeah, they told me the same thing when I ordered back in December...but my order hasn't even been pulled yet!! :bang: :bang:

Hope yours gets delivered and mine gets pulled very soon!
I hope your's gets pulled soon. I know how you feel. Good luck!
Old 3/30/05, 10:19 AM
V6 Member

I'm there, too. Still waiting for a build date - ordered 12/16. My dealer said NOT to worry, car is not going to be canceled AND my price will remain firm even if the car does somehow get put off until '06. This waiting is tought!
Old 3/30/05, 01:30 PM
GT Member

KUcurt - I hope you get pulled soon. I think it's crazy how long some of us have had to wait. It's nice of your dealer to still honor the 05 price for an 06 if it comes down to that. He must be pretty sure you'll get pulled soon. He probably knows his allocation for April already.

I just found out they finished building my GT today. My husband looked up the VIN on OASIS (a website technicians use the look up car history) and it has a build date now 3/30/05. Now I just hope it makes it to the dealer by the ETA 4/7/05.

Now if I could just get the ERL to update, and tell me when it is shipped.
Old 3/30/05, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Wish I was in your situation. I have had no news at all. You can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 3/30/05, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

4 lights that is
Old 3/30/05, 02:18 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the support Sonic! We'll get there eventually! As for the four lights at the end of the tunnel: How many people have come up to you asking why your car is taking so long because they've seen a bunch of new Mustangs running around? I look them straight in the eyes and tell them: MY CAR IS A MUSTANG GT - NOT A V6 MUSTANG! There is a distinct difference. Sure, there are lots of Mustangs sitting on local dealer lots - THERE ALL V6 MODELS! GTs are a rare bear!
Old 3/30/05, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep, I get that all the time Curt, people wonder why it's taking so long. If I ever saw a GT on a lot even close to what I ordered, I'd probably buy it, I'm not that picky.
Old 3/30/05, 02:52 PM
GT Member

Same response for me too,,,ordered in late December,,,still not scheduled. Call the dealer every Friday, and he says "next week for sure",,,,been doing that since February :bang:
Old 3/31/05, 12:27 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by SonicBlue05GT@March 30, 2005, 2:33 PM
KUcurt - I hope you get pulled soon. I think it's crazy how long some of us have had to wait. It's nice of your dealer to still honor the 05 price for an 06 if it comes down to that. He must be pretty sure you'll get pulled soon. He probably knows his allocation for April already.

I just found out they finished building my GT today. My husband looked up the VIN on OASIS (a website technicians use the look up car history) and it has a build date now 3/30/05. Now I just hope it makes it to the dealer by the ETA 4/7/05.

Now if I could just get the ERL to update, and tell me when it is shipped.

Congrats Val! I'm a bit concerned because ERL has said the same thing for 3 weeks... "As of 3/10 your unit is scheduled to be built the week of 4/4." Sure this is great news but I would at least expect "As of 3/25... or "locked in,"... something!!

Dealer SAYS he doesn't see a build date yet... just knew when order was pulled. Anyone else seeing/hearing this after ERL gives a build week???????????????????
Old 3/31/05, 09:57 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by McDGT@March 31, 2005, 2:30 PM
Congrats Val! I'm a bit concerned because ERL has said the same thing for 3 weeks... "As of 3/10 your unit is scheduled to be built the week of 4/4." Sure this is great news but I would at least expect "As of 3/25... or "locked in,"... something!!

Dealer SAYS he doesn't see a build date yet... just knew when order was pulled. Anyone else seeing/hearing this after ERL gives a build week???????????????????
:scratch: Let me see if I can remember the week and a 1/2 of H E double hockey sticks i've just been through. From Feb 26 when I got a scheduled build week of 3/21, until the build week, it said the same thing "As of Feb 24, your unit is scheduled to be built week of 3/21".

During the build week I got Locked into production for the week of 3/21, then at the end of the build week it went back to scheduled for week of 3/21. I was told by the dealer that it was "Bucked" on 3/23.

This week on Wednesday (29th) called dealer, and he said still says "Bucked". :bang: I'm like WTF bucked still 6-7 days The ERL was no help, still said scheduled week of 3/21. Then today (31st) it changed twice, this morning I heard "As of 3/30. Your unit has been released from plant." Then tonight is says "As of March 30, your unit has been shipped via Convoy Carrier."

Car was acutally finished on 3/30. I have an ETA of 4/7. This has been a really hard week for me. I felt like I was going backwards for a few days, like the GT was stuck on the "line" somewhere or they just plain dont know where it is. If it don't make it here by 4/7 I'm gonna go insane.

So basically it sounds like you are right on track. Good luck with your build week, I sure hope yours goes better than mine did!
Old 3/31/05, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SonicBlue05GT+March 31, 2005, 10:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SonicBlue05GT @ March 31, 2005, 10:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-McDGT@March 31, 2005, 2:30 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:scratch: Let me see if I can remember the week and a 1/2 of _____ (H E double hockey sticks) i've just been through. From Feb 26 when I got a scheduled build week of 3/21, until the build week, it said the same thing "As of Feb 24, your unit is scheduled to be built week of 3/21".

During the build week I got Locked into production for the week of 3/21, then at the end of the build week it went back to scheduled for week of 3/21. I was told by the dealer that it was "Bucked" on 3/23.

This week on Wednesday (29th) called dealer, and he said still says "Bucked". :bang: I'm like WTF bucked still 6-7 days The ERL was no help, still said scheduled week of 3/21. Then today (31st) it changed twice, this morning I heard "As of 3/30. Your unit has been released from plant." Then tonight is says "As of March 30, your unit has been shipped via Convoy Carrier."

Car was acutally finished on 3/30. I have an ETA of 4/7. This has been a really hard week for me. I felt like I was going backwards for a few days, like the GT was stuck on the "line" somewhere or they just plain dont know where it is. If it don't make it here by 4/7 I'm gonna go insane.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good luck! I sure hope your build week goes better than mine did!
[/b][/quote]
================================================== ===
I ordered my 05 Mustang on 10/20 and was told it would arrive in 6 weeks. I picked up my DORA and VIN on 11/4 and was told 'your car is already being built as of 10/27', but since I already knew about all the delays in production from this site I called Ford Customer Service to confirm the build information and was told 'temporary delay', and remained in that status until early December when I got a build date.
Of course when I called the dealer about the delay he said 'I don't see any delays on your car'.

As to Customer Service...in the middle of the build week I called them and got several stories about the car and delivery dates...'it's being built now, and after final inspection the car will ship on 12/20 and arrive anywhere from 1/3 to 1/7'.
This was on 12/15 (build week was 12/13), but later that night according to VOPC the car was shipped via convoy as of 12/14 and arrived 12/28.

As to the VOPC, I guess that since it's a 'dealer only' number that customers are not supposed to use Ford doesn't care what information is added since only dealers are using the information...not the customer.

Since your car was shipped on 3/30 don't be surprised if it's not here by 4/7.
My car took two weeks to arrive, other people got their car in a week while others had to wait three weeks or more.