2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not sure I can hold out another week

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/05, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it has been roughly 11 days since my car shipped out. Last Thursday the ERL could no longer find my order so I thought it might have been delivered. So all day and night on Thursday (I work overnight on Thursdays) the thought of picking up my car slowly implanted itself into my head. Imagine my let down when I stayed up Friday morning and called my dealer to ask if my car had arrived, only to hear "Nope, don't ya think I would have called you? It is still on a rail car" :bang: :bang: :bang:

My wife is about to kill me or go nuts entirely, not sure which, but either would be interesting to see. I thought that the tail end of the wait would be the easiest.....nope.....WRONG!
Old 4/19/05, 12:20 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ugh I just got off the phone with my salesman and he said it has an ETA of 4/30. I was shipped out on 4/10. Anyway he said it "usually comes in sooner" and would be in "any day now". :bang:

This wait is friggin killing me. My heart rate has literally been racing all day. My ball and chain does not want to hear about the car anymore. She just wants it to get here so I shut up.

I should have asked for a rail car number
Old 4/19/05, 01:09 PM
GT Member

I feel ya man. Last week sometime, my dealer told me that my ETA was for sometime the week of 4/25 so I prepared myself mentally for the two week wait. Then, yesterday, he called me and said that it would be coming in earlier than previously expected. He said it could be here as early as tomorrow (which would be today) or Wednesday, but it would definitely be here before the end of the week. Now the excitement is eating me up inside. It won't be long now, but it doesn't look like it's going to be today . Tomorrow maybe
Old 4/19/05, 01:16 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm literally on 24 hour standby. They will be calling my cell and work already knows when I get the call I'm gone for the day

By the way my salesman commented to me that they are selling 06s now and if I wanted to I could sell my car for a profit. I promptly laughed and told him he was CRAZY!!!
Old 4/19/05, 01:19 PM
GT Member

Not to offend anyone but some of you people act like your waiting for an organ donor to save your life... Its a car people, Its just a car.
Old 4/19/05, 01:25 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by jwede@April 19, 2005, 2:09 PM
So it has been roughly 11 days since my car shipped out. Last Thursday the ERL could no longer find my order so I thought it might have been delivered. So all day and night on Thursday (I work overnight on Thursdays) the thought of picking up my car slowly implanted itself into my head. Imagine my let down when I stayed up Friday morning and called my dealer to ask if my car had arrived, only to hear "Nope, don't ya think I would have called you? It is still on a rail car" :bang: :bang: :bang:

My wife is about to kill me or go nuts entirely, not sure which, but either would be interesting to see. I thought that the tail end of the wait would be the easiest.....nope.....WRONG!
Dustin,
At least you have confirmation it is on the rail car. I just got off the phone with my salesman and he said no rail car assignment yet. You and I had the same scheduled build week. I now have NO idea how much longer I have to wait. At least yours is in transit.
Old 4/19/05, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sharkstang@April 19, 2005, 1:22 PM
Not to offend anyone but some of you people act like your waiting for an organ donor to save your life... Its a car people, Its just a car.
WOW! Thanks for the input!
Old 4/19/05, 01:39 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by sharkstang@April 19, 2005, 2:22 PM
Just a car?!! BLASPHEMER!!!!. :P j/k
Old 4/19/05, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes, it is a car, but not just any car. It is the best designed Mustang to come down the pike since the mid 80s GTs; that is 20 years for those that can count!

I really feel for those that have been waiting since last fall and still do not have their rides. Dealer allocation stinks ... PERIOD!

Wouldn't it be nice if Ford sold direct through outlets and all that was left was paperwork at the end? That way, first come first served regardless of location. Just a thought.

EK
Old 4/19/05, 02:10 PM
FR500 Member

my friends cant stand me either lol. this way when it comes, we'll get it and shut up
Old 4/19/05, 02:11 PM
V6 Member

I gotta weigh in here - I understand the agony of waiting (especially when you're getting to the finish line), but remember many of us reading this are just hoping to get the 2005 Mustang we want - period.

Patience, grasshopper..........

Brad
Old 4/19/05, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by No05ForMe@April 19, 2005, 2:14 PM
I gotta weigh in here - I understand the agony of waiting (especially when you're getting to the finish line), but remember many of us reading this are just hoping to get the 2005 Mustang we want - period.

Brad
Patience....it will be about 5 months to the day of ordering....oh, I've had patience.
Old 4/19/05, 02:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ekessler507+April 19, 2005, 4:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekessler507 @ April 19, 2005, 4:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sharkstang@April 19, 2005, 1:22 PM
Yes, it is a car, but not just any car. It is the best designed Mustang to come down the pike since the mid 80s GTs; that is 20 years for those that can count!

I really feel for those that have been waiting since last fall and still do not have their rides. Dealer allocation stinks ... PERIOD!

Wouldn't it be nice if Ford sold direct through outlets and all that was left was paperwork at the end? That way, first come first served regardless of location. Just a thought.

EK
[/b][/quote]

That wont happen but what I would like to see since the demand is high and they cant fill all orders is to allow us to do a search for the car we want nation wide on the Ford website. Right now it is area specific. I have spent many an hour searching the USPS website for zip codes of cities on the east coast and then going to the ford site and seeing who had what. So much more time consuming this way. I understand they do it to protect area distribution but it would be nice for a temporary search nation wide.
Old 4/19/05, 05:09 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mister_e@April 19, 2005, 3:12 PM
I feel ya man. Last week sometime, my dealer told me that my ETA was for sometime the week of 4/25 so I prepared myself mentally for the two week wait. Then, yesterday, he called me and said that it would be coming in earlier than previously expected. He said it could be here as early as tomorrow (which would be today) or Wednesday, but it would definitely be here before the end of the week. Now the excitement is eating me up inside. It won't be long now, but it doesn't look like it's going to be today . Tomorrow maybe
Great for you but stinks for me. I am just wondering how someone who had a build date a week later than me can get their car delivered by today or tomorrow, and my dealer doesn;t have a firm date for when mine will be delivered. Guess my salesman is just a bum!
Old 4/19/05, 06:38 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by NuPony05+April 19, 2005, 6:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NuPony05 @ April 19, 2005, 6:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mister_e@April 19, 2005, 3:12 PM
Great for you but stinks for me. I am just wondering how someone who had a build date a week later than me can get their car delivered by today or tomorrow, and my dealer doesn;t have a firm date for when mine will be delivered. Guess my salesman is just a bum!
[/b][/quote]

I understand. I think what's really helping expedite my order is my salesman. He's the fleet manager at our dealership and my family has a bit of history with him; we've been buying cars from him for years, so he does a little extra to keep us happy.

I really feel bad for all the people who have been waiting longer than me. My wait was not very long at all compared to some of these people, but it still felt like forever so I can only imagine what the rest of you are feeling.
Old 4/19/05, 07:44 PM
GT Member

Bless all-a-ya! I've been comparing my stats to you guys for a couple weeks! We all had similar dates... then ya'll get released... blah, blah, blah and I'm thinking "what's going on with mine?" ERL has said "as of 4/9 produced" for the last week or two. Were new ERL updates terminated????

I'm sorry ya'll got strung along (teased) more than I, but don't even worry about it! I've was thinking there's a huge prob with mine and that everyone else's is on it's way. Hey Duster, my wife is cool but not for much longer! I told her today... one more week big deal, but if I wait one more week just to hear two more weeks... I'm toast!!

Good luck guys!!
Old 4/19/05, 08:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Well Gary that is not true. It is not just a car it is just THE car for some folks. Do you have yours or just hanging out here on this forum?
Old 4/19/05, 09:46 PM
GT Member

HOT DOG! Evil status just changed!!!! "As of April 18 your vehicle has been shipped via convoy"!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll go check too! Finally! :w00t: :worship: :w00t:

I mean it... a couple hours ago I was nutin but produced, for two weeks! Good things are coming for lots of ya!!
Old 4/19/05, 09:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys, mine was built the week of April 4th and I was given an ETA of 4/25. Well i got the call this afternoon around 4 that it is here and will be ready tomorrow. I am so sad though, this was the worst week cuz I have a lot of work and events going on, and the dealer is a good hour drive from here. Looking like I may have to wait until Saturday to pick up my car.

Oh yeah and I am in Texas so ya'll northerners should be getting a call!!!
Old 4/20/05, 09:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by jwede+April 19, 2005, 2:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwede @ April 19, 2005, 2:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-No05ForMe@April 19, 2005, 2:14 PM

Brad
Patience....it will be about 5 months to the day of ordering....oh, I've had patience.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I know how you feel.. I started this back in early December and I heard from the sales manager that it's possible that it (my 2nd attempt to order a GT,BTW) will be built in late May/early June.
I am ahead of you on one count- my wife wants this car as bad as I do!!!

Brad

Quick Reply: Not sure I can hold out another week