Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G.T
sweet combo..
it's a pitty how both drivers are disabled
lmao , nice cars
Old 2/8/07, 09:36 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, sweet. From that angle, I almost like the GT500 better!
The American Racing Shelby Razor wheels are just awesome!
I'm getting a set for myself.
Old 2/8/07, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

not bad at all , now if someone had a mustang gt/cs , a regular gt and a v6 next to it that would be eye catching lol
Old 2/8/07, 03:26 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I dont like it when people park in handicapped spaces, is it really all that much further to walk. And those people who drive around for five minutes searching for a parking space 2 feet closer to the store. I never park close, mostly because I dont want people parking next to me. And noone should ever park in the fire lane.
Old 2/8/07, 05:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
I just use my mom's handicapped mirror thing
that`s a good way to lose your mothers her handicapped pass if you use it and she is not there.......

Originally Posted by outdoorstom
You're kidding, right?? The theatre is not open.....why would a handicapped person need to park there?
you would be the person i block and hang my pass and laugh as the cop writes you a ticket...because your too cool to park in a regular spot when there`s so many..and leave the handicapped person that really needs the spot to walk any further than they need too.........
Old 2/8/07, 10:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I am on our local town's car show committee and one day every year we shut down the entire downtown area to traffic and hold our car show. We park cars in every nook and cranny of the downtown area - most of the time at different angles than is normal to park there. We also park show cars in the police spots, the mayor's spot and all the handicapped spots because, well, IT'S A CAR SHOW!!! That first pic was proably taken during a car show and the parking lot was being used for that purpose.
Old 2/9/07, 04:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Embalmer
I am on our local town's car show committee and one day every year we shut down the entire downtown area to traffic and hold our car show. We park cars in every nook and cranny of the downtown area - most of the time at different angles than is normal to park there. We also park show cars in the police spots, the mayor's spot and all the handicapped spots because, well, IT'S A CAR SHOW!!! That first pic was proably taken during a car show and the parking lot was being used for that purpose.
Although I am not on any show committees I would agree with that. All the small local car shows I have been to they park cars everywhere they can get them. Usually theres more cars that there is space. And dare I go out on a limb here but if it's a car show and the purpose of the show is too walk around and drool over cars then I don't think it really matters were you park handicap or not because you are going to be going from one end to the other. The very purpose of the handicap spots is to have you closest to the business, if you are not there for the business(i.e. closed) then in all reality I don't think it matters. If they really wanted to make the car show handicap friendly they should put some handicap spots right in the center, not up at the building. Again I'm not condoning using handicap or fire lanes for parking and I NEVER do and it pi$$es my of when I see others do it but if I took a car to a show and thats were they told me to park I would have no problem with it for the purposes of the show.
Old 2/9/07, 05:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Interesting discussion. Here are a couple more tidbits.

This event is NOT organized. Essentially, it’s a bunch of guys showing up for coffee at Starbucks (near the theater). There are dozens of other spots available at the time. I think the reason some guys park in those spots is that they are on level ground as opposed as the others which are on a slight incline. Or they think it's a better location to show off their cars.

To me, parking in a spot reserved for handicapped when the business is closed is like speeding when there is no one else on the road. It’s tempting and you may get away with it. You may somehow justify it to yourself, but that doesn’t make it legal.

As I posted above, what if a handicapped person wanted to come by to see the cars? They would need to park further away on the incline (quite a bit tougher for many disabled folks). Shouldn't those spaces be reserved all the time?
Old 2/9/07, 07:32 PM
Cobra R Member

I park in the fire lane all the time but I am a hypocrit. Park there and one day I'll put this bumper to use!http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...340_7_full.jpg