2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Not Again!

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/07, 04:49 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Again!

Apparently the car gods hate me. Yesterday I got that lame ticket from the meter maid for my tint and front plate while my car was parked at a dealership and today on my way home from SW Customs I was rearended. It was on the 57S at 2:32pm just North of Placentia. Stop and go traffic, traffic stopped so did I; the guy in the white expedition behind me didnt. Didnt appear to even slow down. It was a Southern California Edison work truck, so if anyone knows how to deal with them in speeding up the process Id love any pointers you can give. Ive already called twice and can only leave messages as they have no one answering the phones. The damage: scratches across the bumper both the back and top just below the trunk, some paint removed from the edge that runs along the bottom of the license plate opening, that opening is bent, dented and paint rippled, paint chipped off the license plate letters, plate is bent, and so is the license plate frame. Basically I need a new bumper. Tried taking pics but the damage doesnt show up well enough to post since the car is black and shiny and it the dents and bends are just refracting the light causing odd reflections that look like a bad pic instead of damage.

Jeez.....Once more into the breech I suppose!
Old 8/21/07, 04:56 PM
GT Member

That royally sucks man! Your car is so badass, I actually have it as my desktop picture on my laptop.
Old 8/21/07, 04:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Meter Maid can write tickets like that
Old 8/21/07, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rapture
A Meter Maid can write tickets like that
yea seriously, id DEF fight that tint ticket. go to court and ask what the tint meter came up with and after they say one wasnt used..........ticket dismissed. they cant issue a summons for tint just by looking at it and deciding its too dark. as for the bumper, sucks the big one man. when i take mine to work (staten island to manhattan and thats only once in a blue moon) i always look in the rearview and think to myself "if you hit me ur so friggin DEAD". and let me tell you, there have been some close calls. a few times i had to rev it to get them to wake up and then they stop short.

ive come to the realization that everyone that drives a car thats filthy 24/7 regardless of make and model just doesnt care and thus, worst drivers in the world
Old 8/21/07, 05:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually they can issue a ticket for tint without a tint meter since none is allowed on the front windows at all. I did not however know that a Meter Maid could enforce such infractions. I thought they were strictly parking enforcement.

Sorry to hear about the rear ending factor. Best way to handle this is to immediately contact YOUR Insurance company and let them go after the Electric company. That is why you pay them.

Richard
Old 8/21/07, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Hate to break it to you. But I don't doubt you will have more parts to replace than a bumper cover. The actual bumper, foam, etc is likely damaged.
Old 8/21/07, 05:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

didnt know it was for the front windshield for being tinted. yea that is definetely illegal regardless. but ive gotten out of a ticket because the pig, i mean cop, didnt have a meter with him. he was ****ED and told me to remove it but no ticket was issued.
Old 8/21/07, 08:04 PM
GT Member

I don't know how you could drive such a sweet ride in So Cal. I lived there for several years and can't imagine how difficult it would be to keep a car like yours from getting damaged. Our cars picked up dozens of scrapes and bumps from commuting there.
Old 8/21/07, 08:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slipnotovk
didnt know it was for the front windshield for being tinted. yea that is definetely illegal regardless. but ive gotten out of a ticket because the pig, i mean cop, didnt have a meter with him. he was ****ED and told me to remove it but no ticket was issued.
I did not say the Windshield. I said the front windows. As in the driver and passenger windows.

Richard
Old 8/21/07, 09:23 PM
GT Member

It must be an Illinois thing, the meter maids around here don't have that kind of power.
Old 8/21/07, 10:56 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

thanks everyone, looks like this might be excuse for phase two, but didnt think it would be coming so soon

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Actually they can issue a ticket for tint without a tint meter since none is allowed on the front windows at all. I did not however know that a Meter Maid could enforce such infractions. I thought they were strictly parking enforcement.

Sorry to hear about the rear ending factor. Best way to handle this is to immediately contact YOUR Insurance company and let them go after the Electric company. That is why you pay them.

Richard
correct on that tint is illegal period, no matter what shade, on the front doors forward in Cali, but I dont think a meter maid can issue a ticket for that. I was looking into it and apparently tint falls under moving violations of which meter maids can only give citations for parking violations; which the front plate does fall under but thats easy to get signed off. This is of course assuming that it was a meter maid that wrote the ticket, which I assume it was since it was not a standard ticket and it says to go to the cbad pd department to sign it off an pay the $50 fine (much less than if a cop were to cite you). Thing that ****ed me off about that was that I was parked at the dealership.

oh and btw, there isnt an option to fight this, nor does it require paying the fine to the court like normal, it says to just go to the CPD and show proof of correction and pay $50/ticket, unless done before 21 days then its $10.
Old 8/22/07, 01:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by rrobello
...correct on that tint is illegal period, no matter what shade, on the front doors forward in Cali, but I dont think a meter maid can issue a ticket for that. I was looking into it and apparently tint falls under moving violations of which meter maids can only give citations for parking violations; which the front plate does fall under but thats easy to get signed off. This is of course assuming that it was a meter maid that wrote the ticket, which I assume it was since it was not a standard ticket and it says to go to the cbad pd department to sign it off an pay the $50 fine (much less than if a cop were to cite you). Thing that ****ed me off about that was that I was parked at the dealership.

oh and btw, there isnt an option to fight this, nor does it require paying the fine to the court like normal, it says to just go to the CPD and show proof of correction and pay $50/ticket, unless done before 21 days then its $10.
Sorry to hear about your rear-ender. The car gods are definitely not looking out for us 'Stang drivers here in Cali. I was rear-ended myself in March by a soccer mom in an SUV. $3800 worth of damage and all she could say was "it doesn't look that bad" .

I'm thinking the ticket you got was Carlsbad's version of a fix-it ticket, issued by a cop. Last I knew meter maids could not write for anything but a parking violation, but things may have changed. In any case, I feel your pain!