2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

No Good Deeds Go Unpunished....This is sick but true

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/07, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Good Deeds Go Unpunished....This is sick but true

Well I get on the freeway this morning going to my hometown for the parade.
My new car turns 400 miles. I drive three miles and a guy coming the other wa rolls his truck. They did not get hurt really bad. Thats the good thing.
The dog in the truck is running down the road so i go head it off and catch it for the people. They are getting taken away in an ambulance. So the do is in shock, not hurt bad. Get the dog stopped and it jumps in the car and gets blood on the interior. The worst part its freaking out and ****s everywhere. No new car smell. All turned out well but had to do a lot of cleaning.
Old 7/4/07, 07:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, that's rough, but I'm glad you saved the dog!

Originally Posted by Muttleymac
My new car turns 400 miles. I drive three miles and a guy coming the other wa rolls his truck. They did not get hurt really bad. Thats the good thing.
The dog in the truck is running down the road so i go head it off and catch it for the people. They are getting taken away in an ambulance. So the do is in shock, not hurt bad. Get the dog stopped and it jumps in the car and gets blood on the interior. The worst part its freaking out and ****s everywhere. No new car smell. All turned out well but had to do a lot of cleaning.
Old 7/4/07, 07:46 PM
V6 Member

Glad you were able to clean it up. That was a nice thing to do man.
Old 7/4/07, 07:58 PM
Cobra Member

Look at it this way, ANYTHING that happens to your interior from this point on can't be nearly as bad. So, knowing that you were able to get everything cleaned up should help you relax a little when someone riding shotgun drops a fry.

Nice deed by the way! Oh, and your subject line is my mantra "No good deed goes unpunished".
Old 7/4/07, 08:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well done, drop me a PM and I will reward you for your actions taken here today.
Old 7/5/07, 04:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

That was extremely kind of you - I really appreciate what you did and it wasn't even my dog. If I were given the choice of my Mustangs or my dogs, I'd give up the stangs in a heartbeat. Not that I don't love the stangs, but the cars can be replaced. That said, I hope your interior was ok after it was all said and done. That was a very unselfish act, these days more people should follow your example!
Old 7/5/07, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Muttleymac, very nice job. I think I am speaking for all dog owners by saying THANK YOU!
Old 7/5/07, 09:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Muttleymac
Mark, you did a wonderful thing for the dog and his owners. I know it seems sometimes like "no good deed goes unpunished". But I believe you have good karma. The universe has a way of rewarding good guys like you.
Old 7/5/07, 10:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
+1 to the props you are getting Mark!

I am glad you saved the dog.

I'd rather save a dog than a person.

Here's a nanner for you!

Old 7/5/07, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Sh*t happens. :-)

Way to go, man.
Old 7/5/07, 01:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sincerely hope something GOOD comes your way. Without your actions there was a good (bad) chance of the dog getting run over
Old 7/5/07, 02:32 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments all. This country would be a better place if people just do the right thing. The mess sucked but man how would i felt it I did nothing and had to deal with with that. Not looking for cudos.
It was just a funny story I thought you all would appreciate. All your kind
word just reassures me I did the right thing when I was supposed to.
Hopefully it will come back in karma, cause I feel pretty great getting this new car anyway. Thanks again all for the kind words.
Old 7/5/07, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Hehe, just kidding man. Glad you and the dog are ok and everything got nice and clean.
Old 7/5/07, 03:16 PM

Glad i didnt have my camera for that.
Just imagine the worst and thats what it was

All over both front seats and the whole back and blood

YUK
Old 7/8/07, 02:36 PM
GT Member

If you did what came from your heart, then it can't possibly be a bad thing. Well, unless you're a cold-hearted bastard....lol
Old 7/8/07, 03:22 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Glad you were nice enough to do that. They way I look at it is, the car can always be cleaned up. I am sure the people that own the dog were thankful, and pretty sure if the dog could tell ya he would have given you a huge thanks as well. Any idea why the truck rolled?
Old 7/8/07, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

You're a good man, and now I'll help you out. Go to the nearest pet store and get some Nature's Miracle cleaner. It is enzyme-based so it will remove all the blood and poo.
http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...34374302033465
There are other brands, but this one works the best I've found so far. Even if you can't see the stuff in your car now, hit it with a blacklight, it will be bad. All those proteins will sit in the upholstry and fester until they stink again.
Old 7/8/07, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Any idea why the truck rolled?
The passenger rear tire blew and they swirved back and forth and hit the
center median, 3 feet high cement, and flipped. Had a camper on back.
The people looked ok, no protruding bones, but will be sore. The dog was
freaked out. Didn't want to get out, when they tried to get him out he
started thrashing around. I am amazed he didnt tear my seats.

I will get some of that cleaner and do the blacklight and try to get it all out.
It doesnt smell bad but the new car smell is gone and it kinda sucks
Old 7/8/07, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Infinity
You're a good man, and now I'll help you out. Go to the nearest pet store and get some Nature's Miracle cleaner. It is enzyme-based so it will remove all the blood and poo.
http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...34374302033465
There are other brands, but this one works the best I've found so far. Even if you can't see the stuff in your car now, hit it with a blacklight, it will be bad. All those proteins will sit in the upholstry and fester until they stink again.

read the instructions from the link you sent and it says that other cleaners will
chemically set stains. Hope they will come out now
Old 7/9/07, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang_Ed
Mark, you did a wonderful thing for the dog and his owners. I know it seems sometimes like "no good deed goes unpunished". But I believe you have good karma. The universe has a way of rewarding good guys like you.
But I believe you have good karma. The universe has a way of rewarding good guys like you...and My Name is Earl

But seriously, you did the right thing, how many people pass by opportunities to help in these situations? A lot, unfortunately.

Quick Reply: No Good Deeds Go Unpunished....This is sick but true