2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No DORA for me

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/05, 10:48 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I went to the dealer and requested a DORA but they said they don't get that until the car is serialized. They did give me an updated VOC and using the info on there I checked on my vehicle using the number and it was C/U. As long as I can check on the car with the number it isn't really necessary to get a DORA, or am I missing something?
Old 3/6/05, 11:49 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if you have the order number and stuff, you really don't need the DORA if you already called it in and it's C/U
Old 3/6/05, 12:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally posted by dustindu4@March 6, 2005, 12:52 PM
Well if you have the order number and stuff, you really don't need the DORA if you already called it in and it's C/U
I also don't have a DORA from my dealer, but my VOC has the order number for my car. What is the phone number you called at Ford to check the status of your order. That would eliminate getting different stories at the dealer. Thanks so much. This forum is very helpful.
Old 3/6/05, 12:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Scarpi+March 6, 2005, 3:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scarpi @ March 6, 2005, 3:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dustindu4@March 6, 2005, 12:52 PM
I also don't have a DORA from my dealer, but my VOC has the order number for my car. What is the phone number you called at Ford to check the status of your order. That would eliminate getting different stories at the dealer. Thanks so much. This forum is very helpful.
[/b][/quote]

We aren't supposed to give the number on this site, but I think linking is ok:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=34764
Old 3/6/05, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HVCruiser@March 6, 2005, 12:51 PM
So I went to the dealer and requested a DORA but they said they don't get that until the car is serialized. They did give me an updated VOC and using the info on there I checked on my vehicle using the number and it was C/U. As long as I can check on the car with the number it isn't really necessary to get a DORA, or am I missing something?
The dora also can verify that what you order, is indeed what was submitted. there's been people who wait several months and when their car arrive , it was wrong. They
should let you view this for that reason. :mellow:
Old 3/6/05, 01:03 PM
FR500 Member

hey bill me and u ordered the same car, i got the side air-bags and the bullitts but we ordered like a week and a half apart...where u from?? lets see if we get some of the same info. when u get serialized that may mean im due. not sure tho but keep me updated
Old 3/6/05, 02:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by HVCruiser@March 6, 2005, 1:51 PM
My salesman told me the same thing. I must be missing something too as I thought this document was an order receipt acknowledgement that the dealer received as soon as a vehicle was ordered.
Old 3/6/05, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 6, 2005, 3:06 PM
hey bill me and u ordered the same car, i got the side air-bags and the bullitts but we ordered like a week and a half apart...where u from?? lets see if we get some of the same info. when u get serialized that may mean im due. not sure tho but keep me updated
Greg,
I'm about 35 miles west of pittsburgh pa. I'll let you know we it happens here.
Old 3/6/05, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rickoshay+March 6, 2005, 4:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rickoshay @ March 6, 2005, 4:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HVCruiser@March 6, 2005, 1:51 PM
My salesman told me the same thing. I must be missing something too as I thought this document was an order receipt acknowledgement that the dealer received as soon as a vehicle was ordered.
[/b][/quote]
Yes you are right, you should have been able to get that the next business day.
Old 3/6/05, 02:47 PM
V6 Member

Either the dealer doesn't know what is going on or they are trying to hide something. Given that my car was ordered I am guessing they just don't know too much.
Old 3/6/05, 03:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your salesman is blowing smoke. I placed my order on the 12th. It was submitted on the 18th and the dealer had the DORA on the 19th. And I had it on the 21st. And yes, I knew my order would not be placed until the 18th, because they only place new orders on Tuesday. My dealer was very up front with me the whole time.
Old 3/6/05, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm not sure if my experience was typical, but I go the DORA just a day or two after the VOC. Didn't even have t ask for it. You should follow up if you want it.
Old 3/6/05, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

The one thing that a DORA will give you is, at least mine does, it has your name on it.

I would be skeptical that they really ordered the car for you. Push them like heck. Don' back off. If they ordered it, they have it.
Old 3/6/05, 05:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@March 6, 2005, 4:18 PM
The one thing that a DORA will give you is, at least mine does, it has your name on it.

I would be skeptical that they really ordered the car for you. Push them like heck. Don' back off. If they ordered it, they have it.
So far I have only gotten a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation (which has the dealer code on it). Additionally the dealership has given me the order number. Since it's only been 2 weeks since my order, calling the VOPC number to listen to the Evil Robot Lady may be masochistic, but it at least reassures me that there is an order and someday there will be a car.

Even with access to VOPC, I'll probably call the dealership here and there just to make sure they don't forget about me. Once they give me the VIN, I will feel like I am in the home stretch.
Old 3/6/05, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HVCruiser@March 6, 2005, 12:51 PM
HVcruiser - Just got that same thing as you: Vehicle Order Confirmation with all the info you got as well - Has my last name on it, order number, priority 10

I guess we are good to go - Mine does not say dora on it any place.
Old 3/6/05, 09:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG+March 6, 2005, 10:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBONSIG @ March 6, 2005, 10:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HVCruiser@March 6, 2005, 12:51 PM
HVcruiser - Just got that same thing as you: Vehicle Order Confirmation with all the info you got as well - Has my last name on it, order number, priority 10

[/b][/quote]

That's reassuring.

Maybe things are done a little differently in Jersey.

It will be interesting to see which one of us gets our car first.
Old 3/7/05, 06:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG+March 6, 2005, 8:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBONSIG @ March 6, 2005, 8:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HVCruiser@March 6, 2005, 12:51 PM

[/b][/quote]

If the dealer faxed over the DORA, the time/date stamp may be covering up where it says "DORA". That's what happened to me. I've seen others though that said it lower and toward the middle of the page. I guess it varies.......
Old 3/7/05, 06:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HVCruiser+March 6, 2005, 11:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HVCruiser @ March 6, 2005, 11:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by KBONSIG@March 6, 2005, 10:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-HVCruiser
@March 6, 2005, 12:51 PM

That's reassuring.

[/b][/quote]

What dealer did you order from ? I hope the we get our cars at the same time. Do you have a NJ COST SURCHARGE $157.00 on your VOC ? I have no idea what this is for ?
Old 3/7/05, 07:10 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG+March 7, 2005, 9:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBONSIG @ March 7, 2005, 9:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by HVCruiser@March 6, 2005, 11:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-HVCruiser

That's reassuring.

What dealer did you order from ? I hope the we get our cars at the same time. Do you have a NJ COST SURCHARGE $157.00 on your VOC ? I have no idea what this is for ?
[/b][/quote]

Lasron Ford in Lakewood.

Yes, I also have the NJ Cost Surcharge on there. Not sure what that is either.

I noticed that on my updated VOC my priority went from 10 to 22.

Could that mean I am 13th on the list?
Old 3/7/05, 12:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HVCruiser+March 7, 2005, 9:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HVCruiser @ March 7, 2005, 9:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by KBONSIG@March 7, 2005, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by HVCruiser@March 6, 2005, 11:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-HVCruiser

That's reassuring.

Lasron Ford in Lakewood.

Yes, I also have the NJ Cost Surcharge on there. Not sure what that is either.

I noticed that on my updated VOC my priority went from 10 to 22.

Could that mean I am 13th on the list?
[/b][/quote]

My dealer said that he was going to look into finding out about the NJ CHARGE. Does your VOC have at the bottom - S005 INQUIRY IS COMPLETE

Just called - as of 3/3 C/U - Hopefully not too many of these to come.

Quick Reply: No DORA for me