GT coupe
5spd manual
Black, Vista, or Alloy
Dark charcoal interior

Really wanted options:
IUP
Active Anti-theft
spoiler delete

Found a vista gt premium, IUP, spoiler delete but no 3.55's or active anti-theft. 3.55's ehhh I'll grab some 3.73's and put 'em in, not huge. But I think I really wanted the Active anti-theft... probably trivial to some but I do drive into NYC/Queens quite a bit and would have been nice to have. Deal breaker? Keep looking?
Old 7/19/07, 03:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I custom ordered mine and actively skipped it myself. I would say IUP is a must-have, not so much AAT. Would probably help a tiny bit on your insurance though. 3:55's for $100 is another must-have IMO. I ordered like 8 GT's with JUST those exact 4 options you have listed(albeit deluxe with cloth and S500) so I can do up some with glassback roofs, custom leather, ducktails, shakers, wheels, etc without the price going through the roof.

You are pretty much going to have to order a car like that, Saleen 'blanks' are the same as that as well. If you find them on forddirect.com 99.9% of the time they are going to Saleen.
Old 7/19/07, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're talking '07 leftover then I'd go for it. You can't beat the incentives. You'll lose them if you go for an '08. I think your ROI would be infinity.
Old 7/19/07, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

It's your money (or multi-year financing), so order exactly want you want. Well worth the short wait that exists now. Some of us waited for MONTHS.
Old 7/19/07, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yea, then again if you want an 07. People keep saying 'Ill wait until September to get a great deal on an 07", we have 4 07 GT coupes left.
Old 7/19/07, 04:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RobK
If you're talking '07 leftover then I'd go for it. You can't beat the incentives. You'll lose them if you go for an '08. I think your ROI would be infinity.

That's the exact reason I am looking dealer stock. Xplan, $0 down, 0% for 36 months.. going to be a big monthly payment but I doubt I will get a better deal otherwise.
Old 7/19/07, 04:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
That's the exact reason I am looking dealer stock. Xplan, $0 down, 0% for 36 months.. going to be a big monthly payment but I doubt I will get a better deal otherwise.
Then what the heck are you waiting for? Go get it!
Old 7/19/07, 04:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Any photos yet?
Old 7/19/07, 05:01 PM
Cobra Member

Then what the heck are you waiting for? Go get it!

I was just told about this one tonight. Still trying to search for the perfectly optioned car, this car does peak my interest though. I wish there was a better search of dealer lots, but the ford site only does it by 5 dealers at a time, or you can search each area dealer seperately.

Let me pick my options, and color choices and set a search area, and tell me straight up what dealers match my options! C'mon Ford, get with the internet age! I've already searched through 40+ dealers
Old 7/19/07, 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
I 've already searched through 40+ dealers
I searched within a 250 mile radius a few weeks ago and bought my GT "stripper" -Deluxe, black, man. trans and no options. I spent the better part of a morning doing this search but would rather have done this than sat at a dealer while they did the search. There was only one car that met my criteria - bought it 100 miles away and drove it home.
Old 7/19/07, 06:27 PM
GT Member

Car alarms can be installed easily aftermarket. Other things like gears are harder to do after the fact, unless you have a good installer in your area. IUP is even harder. Besides if a professional thief really wants your car, is active vs non-active alarm really going to make a difference?
Old 7/19/07, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by citizen arcane
I searched within a 250 mile radius a few weeks ago and bought my GT "stripper" -Deluxe, black, man. trans and no options. I spent the better part of a morning doing this search but would rather have done this than sat at a dealer while they did the search. There was only one car that met my criteria - bought it 100 miles away and drove it home.

Did you find a good way to search all dealers at once? Ford site is not exactly easy to use, and autotrader even if you select options, will spit out every dealer with ANY mustang because its not just a single car ad
Old 7/19/07, 07:55 PM
Cobra Member

For starters I'd talk to the dealer that has the one that's close. Then have them do a search for you. It won't take that long, though they likely won't be too motivated to go get it for you if they do find it.
Old 7/19/07, 08:17 PM
Cobra Member

For starters I'd talk to the dealer that has the one that's close. Then have them do a search for you. It won't take that long, though they likely won't be too motivated to go get it for you if they do find it.

I am not a fan of *most* dealers/salesmen.

"Hi I want a black GT coupe 5spd"
"Oh boy do I have the car for you! It's a Red convertible with automatic transmission! This car has 415hp and dual exhaust!"

If I stand on my roof I can see a dealership.. but I won't even go there for parts let alone a car.

The car I listed above is actually a salesman on a local stang site, his dealership is like 45 minutes from here and he is looking for me. But I would rather search from my home base. Even another stang enthusiast is still a salesman and getting xplan it's not like his dealership is really going to hunt and swap cars for the sale.
Old 7/20/07, 06:42 AM
Cobra Member

Still trying to find the perfect optioned car on a lot :arg:
Deluxe coupe vista OR black (they have white and red optioned exactly the same too)
dk chc cloth, shaker 500, IUP, 3.55, spoiler delete.
So compared to the other car I just listed.. I give up leather in exchange for the 3.55's, but also do not have to pay for sidebags and sirius. Saves about $900 which I could turn around and spend on the MRT mach 1 seats
Still no active anti-theft though
Old 7/20/07, 06:52 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinb120

You are pretty much going to have to order a car like that, Saleen 'blanks' are the same as that as well. If you find them on forddirect.com 99.9% of the time they are going to Saleen.
I've never seen a spoiler delete that was not a "blank" or a customer order.
The managers don't order them for the lot because they don't think they have the look to sell quick.
Old 7/20/07, 06:58 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I dont think that I would pass up a deal like that for AAT, if you can get zero percent for 36 months, the price you save on interest could go for an aftermarket AT system, which would probably be better anyway.
Old 7/20/07, 09:10 AM
Cobra Member

So I just talked to a dealer, and he said he could still order me an 07 at xplan with the 0% financing! I thought it had to be dealer stock, but I am guessing they did not use all of their allocation and would order it as a dealer stock car and then just hand it to me. Going to go talk with him in person.
Old 7/20/07, 09:39 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought '08's were already showing up, how's he going to order the '07?

I added the alarm/keyless entry to my '01 Tacoma by buying the module on e-bay and plugging it into the stock wiring harness, so it was all stock parts. Can that be done with the AAT on the Mustangs? Maybe get the dealer to add it in (along with your 3.73's) in the deal.

But if you can order an '07 exactly how you want it, go for it!
Old 7/20/07, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
I thought '08's were already showing up, how's he going to order the '07?

I added the alarm/keyless entry to my '01 Tacoma by buying the module on e-bay and plugging it into the stock wiring harness, so it was all stock parts. Can that be done with the AAT on the Mustangs? Maybe get the dealer to add it in (along with your 3.73's) in the deal.

But if you can order an '07 exactly how you want it, go for it!
I am not holding my breath on this. I am going to go talk to him in person, get it all written out and then make a decision. I will NOT be ordering on the first visit IF this is all true.

Plus I need to figure out how I am going to decide between black and vista.. at this point a coin flip is my best solution.. they both look amazing.

Quick Reply: No active anti-theft..deal breaker?