Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

next upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/07, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
next upgrade?

ok guys, i need help deciding what to get next. and some info on whats available, and worth the cash.

i have: shaker hood (for looks mostly) hurst shifter, JLT II CAI and sct xcal with brenspeed tunes.

i plan to do this: axlebacks (for the sound, most likely MAC's) UDP's, aluminum driveshaft, eventually an x pipe, and way down the road a paxton.

so... i have 300 bucks right now. i was really looking forward to getting the mac's but after all the reading about the steeda udp's they sound like a better deal for now.. i mean better sound or 10hp at the wheels? i am leaning towards the udp's right now.

what else is there for hp gains thats reasonably priced? and will work with my combo? (shaker)

i have an 05 gt with a 5 speed....

thanks in advance guys.
Old 9/10/07, 04:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe this will sounds silly but for 300 bucks i would do the axle back dude...i'm sure the gain is insignificant if there even is any with axlebacks, but you definitely "feel" like there is becuase of the new sound and grunt. The placebo effect of a mod can sometimes be much more than any true performance mod.

Just my .02...and since we're on my penny thoughts...just throwing it out there...but give the FRPP GTAs some thought. I listened to many different axlebacks to get the right sound and for me it was the GTAs. Great sounds, great look, no drone (rare!), and piece of cake install. Again, just my .02...alright, at this point it's like .03 but still worth nothing!
Old 9/10/07, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Anonimac
Maybe this will sounds silly but for 300 bucks i would do the axle back dude...i'm sure the gain is insignificant if there even is any with axlebacks, but you definitely "feel" like there is becuase of the new sound and grunt. The placebo effect of a mod can sometimes be much more than any true performance mod.

Just my .02...and since we're on my penny thoughts...just throwing it out there...but give the FRPP GTAs some thought. I listened to many different axlebacks to get the right sound and for me it was the GTAs. Great sounds, great look, no drone (rare!), and piece of cake install. Again, just my .02...alright, at this point it's like .03 but still worth nothing!
+1 on the GTAs. You mentioned paxton s/c so ne sence in UDPs you'll just have to change it back Spyders D/S is 479.00 Good headers are a bit more. So the GTA are a good way to get rid of your money.
Old 9/10/07, 06:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
+3 on the GTA's
I don't have the UDP's myself, but you'll love the added 'growl' the GTA's will give you. They are not obnoxiously loud but also have NO drone.
Old 9/10/07, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

get the gtas man. i have them, you won't regret it. to me, it's the perfect amount of growl without all the drone of some of the other mufflers out there...
Old 9/10/07, 08:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

you guys really think the gta's are that great? i did consider them before, but after listening to the mac clips and others i thought i liked the way they stay with a low grumble the best. i have had lots of flowmaster 40's on other vehicles, including my 65 stang, so i really considered them too. is there any good gta clips out there? whats the best price on the gta's and where from?

its hard to tell what mufflers to get when you cant stand by the car, or ride in it.

i was about ten seconds away from buying the udp's and figured i would get some opinions.... my dream is to go FI but it wont be for a few years at least, if even then. so for now i want to stick with basic bolt ons that are relatively safe. that extra 10hp is really calling my name...
Old 9/10/07, 08:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

well when i get mufflers, i will get the gta's. i would rather go with a ford part anyway....

now i just have to decide what i want more.... hp or that beautiful sound.
Old 9/10/07, 09:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i have been reading a lot about the gta's and they do sound really good....

i want the exhaust to be a little louder at idle/cruise, enough to be noticable
and when i floor it i want them to scream!!!!

the stock exhaust has a good sound, and even is almost loud enough for me, it definately gets peoples attention, i just want something different than a stock GT's
Old 9/10/07, 09:32 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The gta's will not be too much louder than the stock exhaust, they have a nice tone but they are mellow. The mac's will give you a deep aggressive sound that you will definently notice. I love the mac's but I also love the frpp/stingers better You will also get drone with the mac's but that's no biggie. I would place the flows in the same category as the gta's... they were my first exhaust.

Adam
Old 9/10/07, 09:33 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh yeah, go with an exhaust first
Old 9/11/07, 07:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

I also say do the exhaust first. Check out some Bassani clips. I LOVE them. They are a little more $$ but worth it to me.
Old 9/11/07, 08:41 AM

I vote Exhaust!! I love my Stingers
Old 9/12/07, 01:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would never had changed my exhaust had it not been the test drive I did in a SGT. I did the GTA's and FRPP X pipe for under $325 and the smile on my face and tone of kicking her into overdrive running the road brings my Stang to life!
Old 9/12/07, 10:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

ok, i think you guys talked me into it, im gonna get the GTA's as soon as the paycheck hits. i have a little extra coming from a tdy last week.
Old 9/12/07, 10:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm late to this party but I also recommend axlebacks.

IMHO the underdrive pulleys were a waste of money. I didn't feel any more "hp" as a result of them.
Old 9/12/07, 01:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
I'm late to this party but I also recommend axlebacks.

IMHO the underdrive pulleys were a waste of money. I didn't feel any more "hp" as a result of them.
Agreed...i always want to say that but feel like i'm gonna get flamed for even suggesting that here.
Old 9/12/07, 01:13 PM

SLP i love the way my car sounds. it gets me firm.

but they are 340. so maybe not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AupRN3hHsK0
Old 9/12/07, 01:25 PM
Cobra Member

i looooooove slp i tihnk im gonna get as much N?A HP as i can because i love the sound of a cam! but i've heard the GTA's and they sound really good too but im more of a "wake your enighbors up" kinda guy
Old 9/12/07, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by boduke0220
i looooooove slp i tihnk im gonna get as much N?A HP as i can because i love the sound of a cam! but i've heard the GTA's and they sound really good too but im more of a "wake your enighbors up" kinda guy
the red gt in my video is cammed, blow by racing cams. they arent that impressive tho.

SLP for the win
Old 9/12/07, 06:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i heard slp's tonight for the first time in person... the vid does them no justice. they are so **** loud. man those things scream. i dont want them that loud, sorry.

Quick Reply: next upgrade?