2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie ? on order for GT Convertible...

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/05, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok....I'm obviously a newbie!!! But I love this site and y'all seem to know tons more than me! I'm a little worried about all the talk about getting your orders late. I've order a 2005 Mustang Premium GT Convertible which they say we will get mid April to May. I few facts I have: Dealership from Texas...DORA has date of 2/24 and processed on that date, listed as Dealer Submitted with a Priority 10. It has a VIN# but is short.... Any help from y'all would be appreciated......reassurance would be awesome! This is a graduation gift for my daughter and it would be the pits not to have it by the end of May....
Old 3/6/05, 09:32 PM
Cobra Member

Heck of a graduation gift!!! What is she graduating from?
Old 3/6/05, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Priority 10 is good, best you can get from a dealer. You don't have a VIN yet, that is just the first part, same for all 05 verts. The secret here is allocation! Have the dealer lay out how many orders he has, how many ahead of you (shouldn't be any if you are 10) and what his allocation outlook is. And start running searches and doing lots of reading here. And welcome!
Old 3/7/05, 06:58 AM

Well... Thanks! We know the dealer and we mentioned to him last Fall we were looking to buy one and he only has one allocation and we are number one for him. He called as soon as his rep called him about getting one. And she is graduating high school in May....going to Texas Tech next fall.
Old 3/7/05, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

Don't suppose you are looking to adopt a son are you?!
Old 3/7/05, 11:21 AM
FR500 Member

man, high school graduation gift? she is so lucky to have parents that are willing to do that for her....by the way, I am up for adoption if u need a son in the family....me and tim will come
Old 3/7/05, 11:27 AM
Cobra Member

So for the end of college she will get a cobra? Then masters a Shelby cobra? Then PHD a Ford GT?
Old 3/7/05, 11:31 AM
FR500 Member

hahahaha...that would be awesome
Old 3/7/05, 11:43 AM

I ordered a conv GT on 2/26 and got my VOC that day. The dealer said that they have 9 GT orders in but that I was the first conv GT order. The VOC has an Order No. of 0001 (?) and a Priority of 22. I tried the order number of 0001 with the dealer number on the automated line and it says that there is no order of that number. Go figure. I thought I would at least try.

I just asked my salesperson to fax me the DORA thinking it would have the real order number and he said that he won't have the DORA until two weeks before delivery! He told me the wait is about 4 months.

-weldp
Old 3/7/05, 11:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by weldp@March 7, 2005, 12:46 PM
I ordered a conv GT on 2/26 and got my VOC that day. The dealer said that they have 9 GT orders in but that I was the first conv GT order. The VOC has an Order No. of 0001 (?) and a Priority of 22. I tried the order number of 0001 with the dealer number on the automated line and it says that there is no order of that number. Go figure. I thought I would at least try.

I just asked my salesperson to fax me the DORA thinking it would have the real order number and he said that he won't have the DORA until two weeks before delivery! He told me the wait is about 4 months.

-weldp
He is wrong or lying. The DORA is received the day after the order is placed.
Old 3/7/05, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by weldp@March 7, 2005, 1:46 PM

-weldp

I would be concerned. Educate yourself some more by doing lots of reading here. You might want to have a sit down with this dealer and get ready to go elsewhere. Good luck.
Old 3/7/05, 01:14 PM
FR500 Member

wow drew ur car came very fast
Old 3/7/05, 01:43 PM

[/quote]

I would be concerned. Educate yourself some more by doing lots of reading here. You might want to have a sit down with this dealer and get ready to go elsewhere. Good luck.
[/quote]

So I talked to the sales person again and he reiterated that they would not have a DORA until 2 weeks before delivery. He then said that he would fax me something that had the order number on it. He faxed me something that looks like a print out of a text screen that is labled "Single Vehicle Detail Information". It does have an Order Number which is R followed by 3 digits. Does this seem correct?

-weldp
Old 3/7/05, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

As I said before, there is no reason for you not to have a DORA one workday after the order is placed. I got mine, as have most others on this forum, the day immediately afterwards. As far as the order number, at least in my case, the number was four digits and there were no letters. I would be very concerned that your order has not been placed, or the salesman has no clue what he is talking about. Either one is bad news.
Old 3/7/05, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by Altoid@March 7, 2005, 1:30 PM
So for the end of college she will get a cobra? Then masters a Shelby cobra? Then PHD a Ford GT?

Nope!!! :nono: Then she's on her own! I've done my part by paying for the college education and car! By then she'll probably be putting me in the nursing home! :angry:
Old 3/7/05, 03:11 PM

TexasMom05: Here is my experience with the same car in Texas.

I went the opposite direction as you out to East Texas. There is a Ford dealer in Longview. Nobody was even willing to talk anything but MSRP in the Dallas area but this salesman was ordering hardtops for $750 over invoice and said he would order me one for that. I jumped on that but was still expecting something to go wrong given all the horror stories you hear on these forums.

But I had almost scary perfect luck. The car came in 7 weeks after ordered and they honored the price we had agreed on. The car is perfect. None of the problems that have been mentioned on the forums. Mine is exactly like what you are ordering except that mine is a manual.

Your daughter will be very happy!!!
Old 3/7/05, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a 05 'vert GT on order too. My dealer also told me "around April" but that is based on their normal experience. Ordering a '05 Mustang doesn't fit the normal experience.

I also have weird Priority numbers. My original VOC (vehicle order confirmation) had me at 40 - this is really bad. Then I realized that we forgot something, so my second VOC the next day had me at 25 - not horrible. Then my DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledgement) had me at 30. Oh well...

Good luck. I hope you get it in time. I would think it'll be exciting for both of you. I just hope you can turn the keys over to her after driving it there.
Old 3/7/05, 05:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 7, 2005, 3:17 PM
wow drew ur car came very fast
Greg, I don't have it yet. Stuck at the ramp since 1 March. I did do better than many here and was prepared to wait longer but glad I won't have to. Still snow on the ground here so I will probably park it most of the time. When it's this close you start to become sleep deprived!
Old 3/7/05, 05:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by weldp,March 7, 2005, 3:46 PM

[/quote]

So I talked to the sales person again and he reiterated that they would not have a DORA until 2 weeks before delivery. He then said that he would fax me something that had the order number on it. He faxed me something that looks like a print out of a text screen that is labled "Single Vehicle Detail Information". It does have an Order Number which is R followed by 3 digits. Does this seem correct?

-weldp
[/quote]

Doesn't sound right to me. As you have seen, everyone should get DORA as soon as they drop the order into the system. They are either uninformed or full of crap. My order number was also 4 numbers, no letters. See, what many of us suspect is that your dealer is not actually dropping your order in the system. They may be putting others in ahead of you and playing dealer games to maximize profit. You could be waiting a very long time. At least try some other dealers in your area and see what they tell you. Good luck.
Old 3/13/05, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by TexasVert@March 7, 2005, 5:14 PM
TexasMom05: Here is my experience with the same car in Texas.

I went the opposite direction as you out to East Texas. There is a Ford dealer in Longview. Nobody was even willing to talk anything but MSRP in the Dallas area but this salesman was ordering hardtops for $750 over invoice and said he would order me one for that. I jumped on that but was still expecting something to go wrong given all the horror stories you hear on these forums.

But I had almost scary perfect luck. The car came in 7 weeks after ordered and they honored the price we had agreed on. The car is perfect. None of the problems that have been mentioned on the forums. Mine is exactly like what you are ordering except that mine is a manual.

Your daughter will be very happy!!!
Thanks TexasVert! That makes me feel a little better! I do consider myself lucky after reading this forum and we got a similar deal like you did! No talk whatsoever about MSRP...just invoice! I'm crossing my fingers on the delivery date....but after your post it sounds more reasonable!

Quick Reply: Newbie ? on order for GT Convertible...