2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

NEW Shaker question?

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/04, 07:48 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Well we've had our car for a couple of weeks, and everything seems ok, the shaker system has only spit out a few cds, but I think they are the cd's not the system. It plays other burned cds fine, so I guess it's ok for now.

The kind of annoying thing is this....

If any of you have a continuous play cd, like a mix tape or concert type cd that flows from one track to the next without stopping, the cd player inserts a pause between the tracks.

Now with a normal cd, this is probably not noticable since the cd naturally stops after each song, but if the songs are meant to flow together without a pause, then there is this pause that totally messes up the flow.

So my question is this:
Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know if this "feature" can be overriden?

Thanks!
Old 12/27/04, 08:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Using Motorola Phone Tools, I've had to make the songs longer by cutting splicing into one song (only tried it w/ about 3-5 songs @ a time).
Old 12/27/04, 08:22 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Encountered this same problem myself - able to live with it - just kind of annoying - especially if you are listening to a concept album or something where the songs are supposed to flow togther.... LOVE to find a way around this.....

Other than that, I LOVE my Shaker 1000!
Old 12/27/04, 08:25 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Is it a burned CD or store bought?
Cause a lot of CD burning software inserts a 1 second to 2 second pause between tracks.

Eliminate the pause between tracks when burning.

If its a store bought CD and its doing that, thats something new in the Shaker500, my Mach460 plays it continously no pauses...
Old 12/27/04, 09:29 AM
GT Member

I know what you're talking about with the burned cds and the pause. They are continuous cds, no pauses like a dance mix cd or maybe an opera or something with no pauses between tracks.

The cd player automatically pauses for a second by itself, I have no idea why they would have the cd player do this!

It is VERY annoying!

Any tips on how to kill this feature would be greatly appreciated....
Old 12/27/04, 09:44 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, that would be annoying.
I remember when Roxio used to put that in by default, and you'd have to change it. I think the newer versions and Nero don't do that. Could be wrong
Old 12/27/04, 09:45 AM
Bullitt Member

You could burn the show/concert as all one track....no more pause. You could use nero, ez cd creator or pretty much any cd writing program to do this
Old 12/27/04, 09:49 AM
GT Member

yep i remember that too, it's still an option with most buring software, its the track-at-once (pauses bwtn tracks) versus disk-at-once (no pauses) option.

My old accord's stereo has no problems with this. Why would it even do this, what's the point of automatically pausing? Most songs pause at the end anyways, but for the few continuous play cds, it KILLS the cd to have it pause between tracks. I might have to wirte Ford about this it's that annoying!

Oh well, worst comes to worst I can turn off the stereo and listen to the growl of the engine!
Old 12/27/04, 10:11 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

my pink floyd Cds do this.........I just learned to ignore it.
Old 12/27/04, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

That was the first thing I noticed, since the first CD I played was one of my own "mix" CDs with no gaps between the tracks. I'm not sure if the Shaker's pause between tracks is starting to get shorter, or I'm just getting used to it, but as long as it plays every CD I insert, I'll live with it. Two months trouble-free, so far.
Old 12/27/04, 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

That's completely unacceptable. Anyone know if this is just a quirk in a few installs or is this a "feature" of the shaker systems?
Old 12/27/04, 10:57 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I had bought a new ACDC cd last week- I stuck it in slot 6, and it spit it out as BAD out of the gate. I put it in and on try 3 it accepted it.

Oh and that pain in the butt little CD rewind in the middle of a song thing, bugs me.Did that on Nickelback, Elton John and the Killers(all new cds bought, stuck in shaker and never touched by anything else)

No other problems- the sound quality is spectacular.
Old 12/27/04, 02:45 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@December 27, 2004, 12:00 PM
I had bought a new ACDC cd last week- I stuck it in slot 6, and it spit it out as BAD out of the gate. I put it in and on try 3 it accepted it.

No other problems- the sound quality is spectacular.
I just bought the remastered version of BACK IN BLACK - between the remaster CD and the Shaker, it sounds AMAZING!!!!

(and I just love playing the track Back in Black while cruising in the Dark Knight II....... dang I love this car!! )
Old 12/31/04, 11:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know if the shaker 500 will play WMA files?
Old 12/31/04, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

You have got to be kidding me this can't be true. I play concert SBD recordings almost all the time. Why would any company that makes a CD player want to add gap's between tracks. Does anyone know if this is true for the standard player as well? :scratch: I ordered mine with the standard 160 watt system.
Old 12/31/04, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I know I asked this in the last post but just wanted to try one more time. Anyone that has the standard player have this problem?
Old 1/3/05, 07:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by davids2toys@December 31, 2004, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know if the shaker 500 will play WMA files?
Been answered in many threads. No WMA files, only MP3

My Shaker 500 puts a gap in the store bought CDs. Really annoying when one song ends and is supposed to lead continuously into the next song, but it stops. Disrupts the flow/feel of the music.
Old 1/3/05, 07:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am taking my car in this week to see about this issue.

Thats not so annoying as the lovely rewind feature- where a cd that has went straight from the store, to the shaker rewinds a little, sounds like a tape rewinding.....hate it.
Old 1/3/05, 07:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 3, 2005, 8:27 AM
I am taking my car in this week to see about this issue.

Thats not so annoying as the lovely rewind feature- where a cd that has went straight from the store, to the shaker rewinds a little, sounds like a tape rewinding.....hate it.
I think mine does thsi on occassion. The cd will be playing and then it will make an almost chirping sounds, really quick. I've played the stereo aoot and its only happened twice and once the cd had fingerprints on it, so I dunno.
Old 1/12/05, 09:25 AM
GT Member

Just thought I'd give this thread one last chance....

Recap:

If you have a continuous play cd (i.e. a cd that goes from one song to the next WITHOUT a pause between songs) then the Shaker will INSERT a pause on its own, effectively ruining the flow of the cd.

Does this happen with all Shakers, and is there any way to get around this?

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: NEW Shaker question?