2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Owner GT/CS Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/08 | 04:53 PM

New Owner GT/CS Convertible

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself, I recently sold my last toy car which was a 2005 Chevy SSR because I wanted to replace it with a new Mustang GT Convertible. I did a lot of looking on eBay, Ford.com and local Dealer lots. After about a month of looking I came up with a list of must have options. After searching Dealer inventories from coast to coast I found the perfect car at a Dealer in New Jersey. Since I live in Long Island, NY a purchase from NJ was easy. The Dealer was so desperate to sell one more car before the end of January they drove it out to me on 1/31/08 so I could sign the papers before the end of the month.
Here is a list of most of the factory equipment it came with.

2007 GT Convertible
5-Speed Manual
Redfire Clearcoat Metallic
Black Roof
Black/Parchment Interior
Interior Upgrade Package
GT California Special Package
Comfort Group
Shaker 1000 Audio System
Wheel Locking Kit
Active Anti-Theft System
Cloth Convertible Top
Front Side Air Bags
Convertible Soft Boot
Sirius Satellite Radio
Woven Charcoal Aluminum Instrument Panel
Anti-Lock Brakes

The Redfire, Black/Parchment interior, Cloth Top and Charcoal Instrument Panel were all must haves for me. It really makes me feel good just to look out the window at it, which I find myself doing a lot. I better enjoy driving it now, I know once the temperature goes over seventy degrees I wont see very much of it or my wife until next Fall.

Never being one to leave well enough alone, I have started my usual “light modifications”. I never do anything which cannot easily be returned to factory original and I save everything I remove or replace. This way if the next owner doesn’t like what I have done, He or She can change it back to as built.

This is what I have done so far
Installed a 2008 Factory Navigation Radio/CD (much nicer than other factory units I have had)
Had the air cleaner and fuse box covers painted to body color, (I will buy a spare set so this can be put back to unpainted)
Factory Shelby GT500 rear mud flaps (not much to them)
NXT Generation Mustang Hood Lift Kit (very nice item)
Shelby Aluminum shift boot trim cover
Factory wheel spinner center caps
Chrome tail light trim bezel covers
SilverHorse Racing honeycomb rear deck trim panel, (between the tail lights), (I did not use the mother-in-law tape which came with the panel; instead I used 2” wide magnetic tape to hold it on. This way I can remove it to wash the car.)

Because I’m such a nice guy, I did my wife a big favor and gave her a birthday list of Midwest Auto Gear items to get me, just to make her life easier.

Coming from Midwest Auto Gear
Ford California Special Plenum Cover with Matching Fuel Rail Covers
Radiator Cover (Redfire)
Radiator Extension Covers (Redfire)
Shock Tower Covers, GT (Redfire)
Mirror Covers (Redfire)

When all is installed and we have better weather, I will post some photos.

I have been reading this forum for some time now, and I must say I have enjoyed it very much. The SSR forum was so full of off topic BS and bickering that I stopped going on it long before I sold the Truck.

Thank You Very Much For Your Time.
Old 2/18/08 | 05:00 PM
V6 Member

Congradulations, looking forward to some pictures. Welcome to the forums
Old 2/18/08 | 07:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Welcome and Congrats.
Anywhere near Bridgehampton?
Old 2/18/08 | 07:36 PM
Post *****

Welcome. Thats what I like about this forum, nice people enioying nice cars, no BS.
Great looking vert, I love my GT/CS, but sometimes
i do wish it was a vert.
Old 2/18/08 | 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by karman
Welcome and Congrats.
Anywhere near Bridgehampton?
West Islip
Old 2/18/08 | 08:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Nice CS! You have just taken over as the "Mod King"
Old 2/20/08 | 06:36 AM
V6 Member

Honeycomb Tailight Panel

jrys - I have the same car and color minus the shaker 1000 and CS. I am really interested in your honeycomb panel attachment by magnetic tape. I have been considering the purchase of the honeycomb panel but have been put off by comments about drying it after a car wash. Has the magnetic tape worked out well, where did you get it and where did you attach it on the panel. Appreciate any advise.

Ron
Old 2/20/08 | 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by ronslakie
jrys - I have the same car and color minus the shaker 1000 and CS. I am really interested in your honeycomb panel attachment by magnetic tape. I have been considering the purchase of the honeycomb panel but have been put off by comments about drying it after a car wash. Has the magnetic tape worked out well, where did you get it and where did you attach it on the panel. Appreciate any advise.

Ron
Ron,
So far the magnetic tape has worked fine; I put the honeycomb panel on about two weeks ago. I purchased the tape from Granger Supply. I used the 2" wide magnetic tape. I put the magnetic tape in the same locations the two faced tape was on the panel. The only hard part was removing the original tape from the panel.
Old 2/20/08 | 01:16 PM
NTTAWWT

Wow, sounds like you've working on quite the beautiful project. I'm waiting to see some pics of the engine bay when it gets done! Congrats and welcome to TMS