2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New info from Ford Brodcast on Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/04, 03:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi again fellas. I had listed a post on Saturday about there being a Ford dealer broadcast regarding the new Mustang. I just finished watching it, and took some notes, and wanted to post what I learned. This post is a long one, but I wanted to add as much as I could to help us all out. Answering questions on the broadcast was Paul Russell, Brand Manager of Mustang and Ford GT. Here is the info I got.
-First, just sales stats that show Mustang sales are 50% over last year this time for the year.
-average length of time on lots is 8 days
-and an interesting stat, that 49% of trade-ins are from non-Ford customers, people who never owned a Ford before, so this is pretty good.

Now the info we all want to know, the CONVERTIBLE.
-The car will debut in LA at the LA auto show, then go to Detroit for the NAIAS. Job #1 is now listed for early Febuary, which really doesn't change from the January 31st date. Mr. Russell said you should be see Convetibles in the end of March/to early April 2005 in showrooms. Off course this can change, as we all know.
-Also stated that the order banks had been accepting convertible orders since very early September. I believe him, as I ordered a vert for a customer on the 9th of September. He went on to say that very shortly, (a few weeks, to a month from now?) that system fill for verts will start, so if you want to order them, get them in now, and those who have an order in, maybe in a few to several weeks, the MAT HOLD will lift, and you may see VIN's in early to mid January. He also mentioned that the pricing will hopefully be out by the end of the year.

-Next issue was commodities. First and formost was answers to IUP availability. Paul said that by late December/very early January, the factory will be at double the capacity for IUPs They are dealing directly with suppliers, and if this goes okay, then that they will lift the hold on V6's with IUP, meaning you may be able to order V6 w/IUP in early January. I asked a question regarding ICAP in V6 models. We all know that the IUP needs to be ordered to get the Red leather. They are trying to change that so you can get the Interior Color Accent package with the new Interior Sport Appearance Package! I hope this happens.
-Next was spoilers, and he didn't really go indept about it, so I take this as meaning the delay may be straightened out. The reason for it was all the retail GT orders with them being standard, left very few for the V6 models. Again, He didn't elaborate on this.
-He knows about the lack of a interior trunk release. May be a fix in place, but he doubts it very much.

And lastly, a salesperson called in and asked about SE models in the future. They wouldn't go into future options on the '06, but did say 18" wheels are coming, as we already know this, and they have some things in line to, as he puts it, dress up the V6. Maybe 17", maybe? They also stated that the Mach 1 is being thought of, and may be in the works, but no definnitet. The Mach 1 is always in the minds of the product guys, so it may happen. This may be the model to bridge between the GT and upcoming Cobra. Will this happen, who knows.

I hope you like the info I got, and I hope you find it useful. If some of you didn't read my last post on this, I am a salesperson, young at 28, but I love cars, and I always try to keep informed and educatedabout the cars I sell. I am a "car guy" 100%, and want to help my fellow enthusiasts out. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, and I will check this post tomorrow, or you can send me a PM. Thanks everyone. Please let me know if this info was helpful.
Old 12/6/04, 03:08 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a lot Jeff. Matches what I've heard perfectly, namely, that there will be cosmetic upgrades (18" rims, V6 pony type package maybe) for 06MY. Ford is concentrating on the Cobra and SE's right now are still a bit off.

The convertible will give Ford something to show at NAIAS.
Old 12/6/04, 03:10 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks Jeff!
GT Member

wow thats a lot of good info
better order that vert now to get what you want
GT Member

Thanks for the info! It does match a lot of what we've been hearing, but I think this helps put an "official" stamp on it!
Old 12/6/04, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

YES that means I can expect my vert to arrive on time as planned late march early april, thanx for the good news
Old 12/6/04, 03:24 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you for the info!
Old 12/6/04, 03:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Always nice to be updated from the inside.
Old 12/6/04, 04:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05fordgt@December 6, 2004, 4:06 PM

And lastly, a salesperson called in and asked about SE models in the future. They wouldn't go into future options on the '06, but did say 18" wheels are coming, as we already know this, and they have some things in line to, as he puts it, dress up the V6. Maybe 17", maybe? They also stated that the Mach 1 is being thought of, and may be in the works, but no definnitet. The Mach 1 is always in the minds of the product guys, so it may happen. This may be the model to bridge between the GT and upcoming Cobra. Will this happen, who knows.
Well, that sort of jives with what's posted here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....pic=10660&st=0

I just hope the Mach 1 comes in Redfire and still has the option of the red interior. The "nostril" scoops from the concept would look dynamite on a new Mach 1, too!

But personally, I'd rather NOT have a black hood or shaker scoop on this new car - I don't think it quite integrates properly with the new design, despite its retro cues.
Old 12/6/04, 05:06 PM
GT Member

Hey, thanks so much. Great information!
Old 12/6/04, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Excellent info! Thank you for sharing it and thanks even more for being educated in what you sell. I have given serious thought to going to work for one of the local ford dealers, because most of the ones there just don't know anything about them. I think someone like you would do very well. Too bad you're in PA. I'd buy from you.
Old 12/6/04, 06:54 PM
GT Member

Just a question: What is the Interior Sport Appearance Package?
Old 12/6/04, 07:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Thanks, Jeff, for taking good notes and keeping us informed. Ditto--it is always good to get confirmed info from the "inside".
Old 12/6/04, 08:06 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue6@December 6, 2004, 8:57 PM
Just a question: What is the Interior Sport Appearance Package?
IUP lite, Diet IUP, etc. It's a leather and satin ont the steering wheel and shifter. IUP w/o My Color, Dash Trim, etc.
Old 12/6/04, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Jeff,
Really appreciate you taking the time to update all of us die hards.
It helps the head rest a little easier on the pillow now.

Did they give any indication what an average delivery from order date is? I've seen some here as quick as 6 or 7 weeks and some as many as 12
Old 12/6/04, 08:14 PM
FR500 Member

good write up. this definitely puts me at ease
Old 12/6/04, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

YES! HOPEFULLY, FINALLY i will maybe get my V6, WITH IUP! i hope they are able to lift the hold! If i ordered Oct 27 and the hold is lifted in jan. When could i expect to see my car feb? march?
Old 12/6/04, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Jeff for taking the time to post this info. The only other thing that was stated very clearly is that there will definitely be a new Cobra. I know you mentioned the Cobra in your post but I wanted to bring up that their was a question about the Cobra, and it was exciting to hear the Mustang manager say there IS a new Cobra and it will be awesome.
Also, the Mustang Source web site was mentioned and recommended by the Mustang manager as a great source of info.
Congratulations, Brad.
Old 12/6/04, 10:11 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by BEK355@December 7, 2004, 12:19 AM
Also, the Mustang Source web site was mentioned and recommended by the Mustang manager as a great source of info.
Congratulations, Brad.
That's great

Quick Reply: New info from Ford Brodcast on Mustang