Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Here

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/04, 05:05 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey All,

As you can tell, this is my 1st post. Yesterday, I placed my order for my 05' Mineral Grey. Although I think the GT is an awesome looking vehicle, the V-6 fit my tastes better. I have been lurking for a bit, waiting to see some good pics of the 05's. The pics of the Turner South Film shoot "pushed" me over the edge (But I did not need much).

I have owned a Mini Cooper for the past two years and have enjoyed it's fun factor, but knew as soon as I saw the auto show pics of the new pony, that it's time was short lived (Mini). Thanks to this site and others, I was able to make a decision in regards to which car to order. I wil say though that there was no real bickering about price on the order. According to the sales manager at the dealership, only six had been ordered since June, with two of them already built and awaiting transport.

I'd like to hear from some of you regarding "everything" about the new 05's. I think I was as versed about the car as anyone in the dealership, perhaps more. I have owned two mustangs prior to this order, both were 66 classics (sold during hard times I'm afraid).

Pony..
Old 9/26/04, 05:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats and welcome ! Just check out all the forum pages, and Brad's timeline and you will learn a ton about the car. Great choice on Mineral Grey ! That is the color I ordered also. I can relate to your story about the mini-cooper and how you are able to replace it having seen the new Mustang. I also had a fun little car (Audi A4), and as soon as I saw the new Mustang, I knew the Audi would be short lived. It is gone, and I don't miss it a bit, knowing that a beautiful new Mustang is on the way. Like you, I also had a '66 (V8-289). It was my favorite car. Well, I bet you can't wait for the new one to arrive - I know that I am going nuts with the wait. Good luck !

Old 9/26/04, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Those Mini's handle like go-karts! Let's hope the new Mustang's handling has been refined enough to the point where you don't ever miss the Cooper.
Old 9/26/04, 09:32 AM
FR500 Member

yea i got the privilage to drive a mini and wow its fun to drive and i can tell it handles like a charm