2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/04, 02:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, my name is Dave, I am new here at the forum, actually, I am new to the ford world. I am basically a GM guy, always had hotrod chevys of some sort, I presently own a 60 Vette for a toy, also , a 94 harley. I drive a 98 nissan maxima daily, it just reached 100000 k, I was planning on a few more years on it but about 2 months ago a local chevy dealer had a screaming yellow 04 mach1 with 1000 miles on it that they took in trade, I took it for a nice beating, I mean ride, er sorry, lol. Well , that was it , I was hooked, I could have got a brand new mach1 with rebates and X plan for 1000 more with 0 miles, I was looking into this, and then i found out the insurance rates on the mach1 one were nuts compared to the gt. Now the new GT is the same HP as the mach 1but it has the GT rate much cheaper, about 350 a year to be exact, and to boot , I love the style of the 05 much better. With the X plan I was only a few dollars away from the 04 mach1 price anyway, soooo, for the last 3 weeks i have been wrestling with the color choice, i really like the screaming yellow the best, but i ended up ordering the mineral gray, i consider the redfire, siver and the light blue also, I also wanted something that would stay cleaner without constant washing.I wanted the attention, but i did not want the police attention if you get my drift, So i ordered it today,I'm still not sure i made the right choice, but i ran out of patience,plus they were the only dealer offering the me the x-plan price, so i jumped before i lost the oppurtunity. Gray, gt, premium, active alarm, int upgrade, wheel locks.... paid just under 27000, X-plan, out the door, should take 6 to 8 weeks, I'm phyced!
I was a little disapointed with the dealer though, I knew a hellava a lot more than they did about the car, They really knew nothing about the alarm, and pretty much most of the options that their private book said was available, was not, just the 2 things i got, wheel locks and alarm, i passed on the shaker 1000, to much x-tra $, so i stayed with the 500, never heard it, i hope it sounds good. All the other stuff that was listed in the book they told me would start to be available after the new year, I wonder if the chrome spinners that will be available will go on the stock wheel, i think that will look good, I also wonder why they went up in horsepower and down with the rear tire size, I would definately like to upgrade on tire size, also maybe to fill the large airgap between tire and body. What is the biggest tire I could put on the back without screwing anything up, I did like the chrome spoke wheels with the spinner but they wanted 350 a wheel...no way! I actually think the wheel that came on the V-6 with the spinner would look smokin on the car, if it was available, i would have got them.
Future plans for the car, tire size upgrade, silver stripes of some sort to dress it up, maybe a slight exhaust mod to make it a little louder, maybe a few bolt ons to make it a little faster, Always keeping in mind this will be my everyday driver for 9 months a year.
Any suggestion or insight to any of the subjects i mentioned will be appreciated. I have got a lot to learn, Thanks a lot...signed, A new Ford guy
Old 12/8/04, 04:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your order ! Also, I admire your pick of colors for the new Mustang. I also have MG, and it is really sharp looking. I know the wait will seem long, but believe me it will be well worth it. B)
Old 12/8/04, 05:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the loooonnnngggg wait! But I promise it will be worth it

The Boss Hog
Old 12/8/04, 05:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Glad to have you here, welcome to the Mustang herd!
Old 12/8/04, 05:40 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard!!
Old 12/8/04, 05:44 AM

Hey Dave, welcome. From one x-GM supporter to another, "and he said "let there be blue oval and there was and it was good."
Old 12/8/04, 06:00 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome aboard. I am too an X-Chevy guy that owns a harley (V-Rod)
Old 12/8/04, 06:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Welcome Dave! I too am a GM fan turned Ford Blue. Nothing against the GM line per se; just that GM has grown so out of touch with the real-world, everyday performance market.

After all - how many can afford a $40k+ Caddy that is 'performance oriented'? And for me, the name "Cadillac" NEVER brought to mind images of affordable, performance oriented, sporty automobiles. And what they are offering now (CTS-V, etc) are not what the majority of the buying public wants.

Regarding another GM product - how many can buy a $50k Vette? They are gorgeous and the new Z06 promises to be a real ground pounder - but at most likely ~$60,000???? Too rich for my blood!

GM has simply forgotten (at least for now) the 300hp affordable ($25k) buyer.

So, welcome to what I've found to be the absolute friendliest and most informative performance enthusiast/Mustang board on the entire Web. These guys are great sources of information and Brad does an excellent job as do all the moderators. I would also like to encourage you to become a Team Mustang Source member by donating $15 (or more if you like) to the Site. It is worth every single penny!

Again, glad to have you here.
Old 12/8/04, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Yet another happy welcome from a former GM family that will soon have 3 mustangs in the driveway. (Dad, Mom, and myself are all getting '05s)
Old 12/8/04, 06:12 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Welcome & Congrats on your order. MG is a beautiful color.
Old 12/8/04, 06:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, Dave, you don't make it any easier for me to choose my colour!

That Mineral Gray with the Bullitt wheels looks fabulous. That was my first choice, then black, then white and now red.

Why can't Ford come up with MyColor for the entire car?
Old 12/8/04, 06:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Welcome Dave,
There are many of us GM converts here. Each of us having our own reasons to change, mine was the HP and TQ of an everyday Vert driver with a back seat.
And Mineral Grey is a fantastic color.
Old 12/8/04, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Good looking car, congrats and welcome.
Old 12/8/04, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

welcome Dave! an old x GM guy here also!
Old 12/8/04, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

It is good to see all new members signing up.

Welcome to the mustang source
Old 12/8/04, 01:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Welcome to TMS. Nice choice in color!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12/8/04, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not been posting here to long but have been lurking for a long time so I will say welcome to what I find is the best place to find any 05 stang info.
As you can tell by my user name I like your color choice.I picked it for all the same reasons you did.Looks good and is kind of stealthy.
Old 12/8/04, 01:56 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Montrose@December 8, 2004, 8:19 AM

Why can't Ford come up with MyColor for the entire car?
Because someone would sue for patent infringment!!! (see other thread)

Welcome Dave, nice choice
Old 12/8/04, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Good to have you here, Dave. Love the color. Evereytime I see that mineral grey I get misty eyed thinking about my '01 mustang. Congratulations on your new ride.
Old 12/8/04, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Welcome Dave! This site is great; the folks here are friendly and helpful. You'll love it here! Great color choice..

Quick Reply: New to the forum